• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

I really think they'll be released this fall (or spring 2015 at the absolute latest in Europe, Americas, Australia, etc.). Probably be announced sometime between now and E3.

In addition, FRLG were released 8 years after RG. HGSS were released 10 years after GS. Maybe RS remakes will be released 12 years after RS were (to follow the possible pattern), which would be fall 2014 (in Japan) and spring 2015 (everywhere else). But I'd bet they'll go for a worldwide release again this fall if possible. I can't wait!

Im pretty certain all Pokemon games going forward will be worldwide releases, it'd be odd for them to stop it after X and Y and go back to making other countries wait months after Japan to get it.

I would hope that you're right as I really want these remakes soon, but part of me doesn't feel sure that we will get any new mainline Pokemon game this year.

I really think they'll be released this fall (or spring 2015 at the absolute latest in Europe, Americas, Australia, etc.). Probably be announced sometime between now and E3.

In addition, FRLG were released 8 years after RG. HGSS were released 10 years after GS. Maybe RS remakes will be released 12 years after RS were (to follow the possible pattern), which would be fall 2014 (in Japan) and spring 2015 (everywhere else). But I'd bet they'll go for a worldwide release again this fall if possible. I can't wait!
If they were going to release them this fall, I would think wouldnt they have been announced already? Im thinking its not gonna be this fall. I say 2015 or later.

Im pretty certain all Pokemon games going forward will be worldwide releases, it'd be odd for them to stop it after X and Y and go back to making other countries wait months after Japan to get it.

I would hope that you're right as I really want these remakes soon, but part of me doesn't feel sure that we will get any new mainline Pokemon game this year.
I don't think we will get a mainstream pokemon game this year but i do think one will be announced this year but then again who knows maybe the games are already being made and nearly done to the point where they'll be released in winter 2014

If they were going to release them this fall, I would think wouldnt they have been announced already? Im thinking its not gonna be this fall. I say 2015 or later.

I think they'll be announced at e3 i noticed a pattern of each game being announced 7-8 months after the release of the previous ( atleast from platinum onward and between gold-crystal) june falls 8 months after october so calling it at e3 atleast the next game will be announced. Also we won't know if we'll get more world wide releases but i feel like x and y was a one time deal.

I think there'll be a z first...

I would respectfully disagree, while there is no precedent regarding the release patterns of remakes and third versions, in Gen III the remakes came before the third version (though in Gen IV it was the other way around). I would imagine to keep things from becoming stale remakes would have to come first.

You know, the key reason I look forward to remakes is because of the idea of not only seeing Hoenn in a 3D environment, but also because Brendan/May can have new clothing options that are different from those in Kalos.

I think the main reason for HGSS to be last in their Gen was to have all new Platinum forms programmed. But now, with possibility of patching, the order of games can be decided more freely. If they are going to make more Megas, I think it would make sense to release remakes with more Gen I-IV Megas and later Z with V-VI ones, ending with Mega Zygarde to be box mascot.

Hoenn Confirmed even on Twitch – they named Torchic only using letters of XYZ lol

i hear some data for pokeblocks on berries has been found in x and y can anyone confirm this?

I don't think that is true sadly there does not appear to be any unused bits of data that could correspond to Pokéblocks but there is data for all of the contest stats including sheen look in Block A Pokemon X/Y 3DS Structure - Project Pokemon Wiki

sheen? i don't remember a sheen stat unless its a new stat they'll introduce in the remakes? :O

sheen? i don't remember a sheen stat unless its a new stat they'll introduce in the remakes? :O
It isn't new, nor is it a proper stat. It puts a limit on the number of PokéBlocks or Poffins that a Pokémon can consume, so it's essentially a cap on Contest stats (the sum can't exceed 255).

It isn't new, nor is it a proper stat. It puts a limit on the number of PokéBlocks or Poffins that a Pokémon can consume, so it's essentially a cap on Contest stats (the sum can't exceed 255).

didn't know that

it wouldn't make sense to waste space on Poke Blocks. After all, in RSE they were sub-items found only by accessing a Key Item, much like Apricorns were to the Apricorn Box. This makes them untradable by default and thus you probably wouldn't waste time programming in data for something that won't even cause a compatibility problem.

This makes them untradable by default and thus you probably wouldn't waste time programming in data for something that won't even cause a compatibility problem.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? The fact that they are programmed in game A but not game B IS what would cause compatibility problems. Like how you can't make Pokemon hold Apricorn balls in HGSS because those balls literally do not exist in DPP's game coding.

This makes them untradable by default and thus you probably wouldn't waste time programming in data for something that won't even cause a compatibility problem.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? The fact that they are programmed in game A but not game B IS what would cause compatibility problems. Like how you can't make Pokemon hold Apricorn balls in HGSS because those balls literally do not exist in DPP's game coding.
this ^ plus theres other coding like contest stats in there we can say goes to hoenn remakes side. and didn't platnuim have lili cove music? that wasn't used and wa usless but it was in there

this ^ plus theres other coding like contest stats in there we can say goes to hoenn remakes side. and didn't platnuim have lili cove music? that wasn't used and wa usless but it was in there

Actually it was used in Platinum, it played on the music player in the Villa.

I think you missed my point. The Poke Block case is a Key Item and therefore can't be traded, and PokeBlocks are unholdable and untradeable - so how could there be a compatibility problem if X and Y don't have the data for something that will never be traded into them? Plus Poke Blocks affect contest stats, which is data that IS in X and Y.

I think you missed my point. The Poke Block case is a Key Item and therefore can't be traded, and PokeBlocks are unholdable and untradeable - so how could there be a compatibility problem if X and Y don't have the data for something that will never be traded into them? Plus Poke Blocks affect contest stats, which is data that IS in X and Y.

well if contest stats are all in which they are then that should mean remakes are coming, they'd serve no other purpose besides to evolve feebas and you'd only need beauty for that

well if contest stats are all in which they are then that should mean remakes are coming, they'd serve no other purpose besides to evolve feebas and you'd only need beauty for that
That logic is flawed. Contest stats merely take up a few bytes in the .pkx file, and they were kept in tact for Generation V without ever being used. There is little reason to remove them unless Game Freak are absolutely sure that they will never be used. Chances are the Pokéathlon-related byte has also been kept, but that's harder to determine since it has no effect outside HGSS (unlike the Beauty stat for Feebas).

Also, Contests are not exclusive to Hoenn as we've already seen in Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom