• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

When visiting the girl in Anistar who tells the player a Pokémon's memory, sometimes I question the fondness of that memory.

For example, my Vaporeon's fondest memory? Me using the Dazzling Gleam TM. o_O
I have something similar to that: my Venusaur had a fond memory of me using... HM 03, Surf.
If you think that's bad, one of my Ditto's fondest memories was of being dropped off at the Day Care with a Frogadier. Even worse? My Ditto felt proud about it.

<insert rule 34 joke here>

More of a personal one, but I kept on thinking Espurr and Meowstic were Fairy-types. The worst part about it is that I used Dark attacks on them, so I thought Bulbapedia was wrong and Sableye and Spiritomb still proudly wore that badge of "no weaknesses".

When I was rollerblading past a guy and got stuck in place until I got on my bike.

My Zekrom's best memory (and only one, really, because I stick him in my Kyurem most of the time) is me using the DNA Splicers.

Again, given that he's in Kyurem's body most of the time, it's not that weird. The awkward part was what he felt about it: comfortable.

...okay, so I'm just going to shove you into Kyurem until I get a Reshiram so you feel comfortable all the time, okay?

My Quagsire defeated a Zekrom one-on-one... because the guy just couldn't take the hint that Electric type moves weren't going to work, no matter how many times he used them. *sigh*

My Quagsire defeated a Zekrom one-on-one... because the guy just couldn't take the hint that Electric type moves weren't going to work, no matter how many times he used them. *sigh*
Probably thought that Teravolt could break through it. Sorry, Zekrom, but Mold Breaker and co. only negate abilities, not types.

Probably thought that Teravolt could break through it. Sorry, Zekrom, but Mold Breaker and co. only negate abilities, not types.

Ah, yeah, I always forget what that does. Had reservations about using Earthquake because I thought the ability might stop it.

It did not.

Going up against a user who had a Darkrai spamming Dark Void...

...on my Umbreon who was hiding behind substitute. Said Darkrai died from Toxic and a couple of Dark Pulses.

:/

Ah, yeah, I always forget what that does. Had reservations about using Earthquake because I thought the ability might stop it.
Yeah, why do they even need three abilities for one effect? Either way, Mold Breaker (and clones) is an offense-oriented ability, not a defense-oriented one.

I do not know if this has been mentioned already (most likely) but Eelektrosse's 3D animation...

...shudders...

Please, please, please for the love of all that is good and for the sake of COMMON DECENCY, put that thing away and bring back the animation from Black/White!

I do not know if this has been mentioned already (most likely) but Eelektrosse's 3D animation...

...shudders...

Please, please, please for the love of all that is good and for the sake of COMMON DECENCY, put that thing away and bring back the animation from Black/White!

That is just like Purrloin. Why does it stand on two legs? YOU ARE NOT PEOPLE!! I mean, even the sprite is on four. Why would they even consider this? D:

I was curious to see if Hitmonlee had a mouth so I got it out of my PC and played with it in Amie. When you give it a puff it makes eating motions but... there's still no mouth. The puff just. disappears.

??????????

Yesterday I saw someone on a blog I follow announce that she was giving out some Goronya/Golem (well, technically Goron/Graveler). So, I reblogged it saying I'd like one. A few hours, we exchanged friend codes, and as I was breeding a Pokemon to give her in return, I saw a passerby who wanted a Nyasu/Meowth, so I stopped the breeding I was doing and bred my Nyasu to give the egg to said passerby. Turns out the passerby was the person I was going to trade with anyway. So I ended up getting the Goronya from her that way. I still ended up giving her the Pokemon I was going to in the first place later, but it pretty damn hilarious and kind of awkward. =P

I was curious to see if Hitmonlee had a mouth so I got it out of my PC and played with it in Amie. When you give it a puff it makes eating motions but... there's still no mouth. The puff just. disappears.

??????????

All Pokemon without mouths do that. =P

??????????
If you think that's weird, try feeding a Golett. I had no idea that robots can eat. If that's not weird enough, feed a Beldum. And yes, Beldum does eat but do not ask me how.

...brain broken...

??????????
If you think that's weird, try feeding a Golett. I had no idea that robots can eat. If that's not weird enough, feed a Beldum. And yes, Beldum does eat but do not ask me how.

...brain broken...

*feeds Elgyem*

o_O

That awkward moment when you battle a trainer online who's wearing the exact same clothes as you...which is not the default jersey O_O

I have a Shedinja whose best stat is its HP, Defense and Sp.Def -- wait, did you say HP?

Mr. stats judge go home u r drunk.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom