• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

^Going by the way "Super" Contests played out, many (myself included) would like to believe they are...

well if contest stats are all in which they are then that should mean remakes are coming, they'd serve no other purpose besides to evolve feebas and you'd only need beauty for that
That logic is flawed. Contest stats merely take up a few bytes in the .pkx file, and they were kept in tact for Generation V without ever being used. There is little reason to remove them unless Game Freak are absolutely sure that they will never be used.

Which means, sooner or later Hoenn may return

Hoenn confirmed

well if contest stats are all in which they are then that should mean remakes are coming, they'd serve no other purpose besides to evolve feebas and you'd only need beauty for that
That logic is flawed. Contest stats merely take up a few bytes in the .pkx file, and they were kept in tact for Generation V without ever being used. There is little reason to remove them unless Game Freak are absolutely sure that they will never be used.

Which means, sooner or later Hoenn may return

Hoenn confirmed

one day we'll be able to say that without joking around xD i await that day, isn't there a nintendo direct this week? maybe they'll be announced then xD.... plz

Honestly to me it feels like we might be more likely to not see a remake to RSE, but rather a sequel to RSE and XY much like B2W2, where you'll be travelling through the region with more Pokemon in the dex that covers most of the new Kalos Pokemon and 4th gen Pokes that are evolutions of 3rd gen ones. I don't see a remake would work out like FRLG or HGSS, because the implied timeline states that 1st and 3rd gen take place at the same time, while 2nd and 4th gen take place at the same time as well. It seems like there are hints that BW, B2W2, and I think XY take place after DPPt, which means that a remake would kinda mess with the timeline, not to mention the Fairy type and Mega Evos as new mechanics. The ingame time gap and the real life one just seems to big to warrant a remake IMO.

I think it would be neat too if you could travel to Kalos once you've completed the maingame to allow you to travel through again, providing another new adventure in Kalos with new changes which would provide a 3rd game as well.

33 pages is far too much for me to skim through at the moment, so forgive me if this was brought up before.

Excuse my probably crappy writing too, I'm tired :/

one day we'll be able to say that without joking around xD i await that day, isn't there a nintendo direct this week? maybe they'll be announced then xD.... plz

Nope, no Nintendo Direct has been announced yet. I don't think we'll be getting one this month.

Honestly to me it feels like we might be more likely to not see a remake to RSE, but rather a sequel to RSE and XY much like B2W2, where you'll be travelling through the region with more Pokemon in the dex that covers most of the new Kalos Pokemon and 4th gen Pokes that are evolutions of 3rd gen ones. I don't see a remake would work out like FRLG or HGSS, because the implied timeline states that 1st and 3rd gen take place at the same time, while 2nd and 4th gen take place at the same time as well. It seems like there are hints that BW, B2W2, and I think XY take place after DPPt, which means that a remake would kinda mess with the timeline, not to mention the Fairy type and Mega Evos as new mechanics. The ingame time gap and the real life one just seems to big to warrant a remake IMO.

RS remakes don't need to take place at the same time as XY. We've been able to trade Pokemon between different timelines in the past (most notably, between BW1 and BW2).

As much as I'd like to see Ruby/Sapphire sequels, I doubt we're going to see sequels to decade-old games, or at least not before actual remakes. Ruby and Sapphire were released closer to the beginning of Pokemon than to now, and I wonder how many players who started with Generation 4 or 5 or 6 would have even played what R/S sequels would continue from.

As much as I'd like to see Ruby/Sapphire sequels, I doubt we're going to see sequels to decade-old games, or at least not before actual remakes. Ruby and Sapphire were released closer to the beginning of Pokemon than to now, and I wonder how many players who started with Generation 4 or 5 or 6 would have even played what R/S sequels would continue from.

There are plenty of games that got sequels many years later than the first release, some even getting a sequel 20 years later.

There are plenty of games that got sequels many years later than the first release, some even getting a sequel 20 years later.

I can't think of many offhand (just Final Fantasy IV, which was frequently rereleased anyway, and Ruby and Sapphire haven't been). Other than games that didn't share a direct storyline, not many other spring to mind. I'm curious, though this might not be the place to discuss it.

I can't think of many offhand (just Final Fantasy IV, which was frequently rereleased anyway, and Ruby and Sapphire haven't been). Other than games that didn't share a direct storyline, not many other spring to mind. I'm curious, though this might not be the place to discuss it.
http://www.listal.com/list/most-delayed-video-game-sequels

I got mistaken with the details - Kid Icarus is probably the only one that took 20 years, but there are still plenty of games that took well over ten years just to get a sequel.

Just a thing about the implied timeline.

RSE always have been a bit difficult to place apparently, as they offer no real evidence of where in the timeline they are exactly. We know D/P/Pt and GSC/HG/SS takes place at roughly the same time, due to the Red Gyarados report (and some other hints as well, which I can't remember right now) and RGB/FR/LG take place three years before that, cause that's clearly stated (and we got the whole dual region and everything)

In BW we also know for certain they take place after the aforementioned games, as we've got the ex-Team Rocket member and his family, the downfall of Team Rocket and Team Galactic I think is mentioned somewhere (they became too big and obvious, or something like that, I can't find back the quote) and then we know BW2 takes place two years after. Granted, I realised just now that in BW2 there are an ex-Aqua and ex-Magma Grunt who live together (I'm really just not that familiar with BW2)

Anyway, so in that case there is some evidence that RSE take place before BW2. When however, we can't be certain. The evidence we have for it to be at the same time as FR/LG is the Ruby and the Sapphire, which are needed in FR/LG to trade with RSE (which I don't think counts as in-game proof). So I guess RSE could at least still take place anywhere during those 15 years or so between FR/LG and BW2 (and 15 is an estimate)

Or am I forgetting something important here?

They probably take place before HGSS considering that the Embedded Tower's Groudon and Kyogre are identified by Oak as the ones from the Hoenn legend, and we know that they had been dormant prior to the events of the Hoenn games.

They probably take place before HGSS considering that the Embedded Tower's Groudon and Kyogre are identified by Oak as the ones from the Hoenn legend, and we know that they had been dormant prior to the events of the Hoenn games.

thats just because they wanted them to be in the games and there tends to be more then one of these legendary pokemon , i mean the regis are catchable in r/s/e so why can i catch them in bw 2 if my character should have caught them back during generation 3? i can catch mewtwo in fire red which is literally 3 years before hg/ss so how come i can catch mewtwo again? if i transferred my mewtwo from fire red wouldn't that be some kinda time paradox? Only if they're not the same mewtwo. so their availability in hg/ss shouldn't count towards the time line.

thats just because they wanted them to be in the games and there tends to be more then one of these legendary pokemon , i mean the regis are catchable in r/s/e so why can i catch them in bw 2 if my character should have caught them back during generation 3? i can catch mewtwo in fire red which is literally 3 years before hg/ss so how come i can catch mewtwo again? if i transferred my mewtwo from fire red wouldn't that be some kinda time paradox? Only if they're not the same mewtwo. so their availability in hg/ss shouldn't count towards the time line.
There is absolutely no evidence that there are more than one Weather trio or more than one Mewtwo. It's particularly unlikely that a different Mewtwo inhabited Cerulean Cave, which is what you seem to be saying. As I said, Professor Oak even mentions the Hoenn legend in regard to the Embedded Tower, so he obviously believes that Hoenn's Weather trio have come to Johto (otherwise he would mention a different story).

There is such a thing as gameplay and story segregation. The fact that you, the player, can catch legendaries, doesn't mean anything in terms of the canon story unless the capture is referenced. Even then, it is always possible to release them later on (as N did with his dragon). No one in the Hoenn games acknowledges the capture of the Weather trio, and not every player decides to catch them. The Embedded Tower is not that far from Hoenn, and we know that Groudon and Kyogre can roam freely (even the Terra and Marine Caves can move).

Last edited:

If there's ever a Hoenn remake, they should make it so it's easier to access Mirage Island

I've never been to that place..

If there's ever a Hoenn remake, they should make it so it's easier to access Mirage Island

I've been there once. TBH it's nothing special besides the wild Wynaut.

I've been there once. TBH it's nothing special besides the wild Wynaut.

There's the Liechi Berry as well. It's said to create Gold PokeBlocks, which is extremely useful for Contest Stats.

Though, if they're going to allow trades between XY and RSE-remakes like HGSS and DP did, then I guess they'll have to put something else in Mirage Island to make it rare and worthwhile

Nobody has mentioned this yet, but the Pokémon Company President, Tsunekazu Ishihara has been interviewed by Famitsu Magazine and promised an annoucement for the future, which is something many people are waiting for. So there's hope for R/S-Remakes.

Sources: Tsunekazu Ishihara dice que tendremos un juego muy esperado - Pokémon Paraíso, Class is in Session!, The Pokémon President, Tsunekazu Ishihara has been...

Also Trademarks for Mega-Groudon, Mega-Kyogre, Mega-Rayquaza, Mega-Plusle, Mega-Minun and (Mega-Rossana) were registered back in July 2012.

Sources: Class is in Session!, UNCONFIRMED:*Mega Jynx, Mega Kyogre, Mega Groudon,..., All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF): Registered Trademark and Mega Pokemon 2

Also Trademarks for Mega-Groudon, Mega-Kyogre, Mega-Rayquaza, Mega-Plusle, Mega-Minun and (Mega-Rossana) were registered back in July 2012.
No, the Pokémon themselves were re-registered back then. Considering that Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza had toys released in late 2012, the trademarks may have just been registered for that.

Last edited:

Off-topic, but have we thought about the Pokedex in this thread yet? Do we want to be allowed Gen 4 (pre-)evolutions that involves Gen 3 Pokemon? What would be the benefits/issues of that? (e.g. Gallade, Budew/Roserade, Chingling)

If there's a Kanto remake, (and at this stage, a big IF) I would not want to be restricted with the original 151 for the main game, without any way to breed, or evolve my applicable Gen 1 Pokemon into, Gen 2/3/4/6 Pokemon. And what I am talking is the pre-National Pokedex stage of gameplay. Remember how Sabrina was overpowered for the wrong reasons in Gen 1? Much frustration would be spared if I was allowed to, say, evolve my Eevee into a Umbreon before I reach Saffron City. I mean, we're probably going to get Gen 6 moves anyway, like what was the case for FRLG and HGSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom