• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

So where can I get a reliable supply of heart scales? I have so many moves that need fixing.

Go to Cyllage City (for instance) with an overlevelled Pokémon that knows Thief and has the ability Compoundeyes, use your Old Rod, knock out as many Luvdisc with your accurate thief as you can, and watch your hearty and scaly stash grow to unbelievable proportions!

There is normally a 50% chance that a wild Luvdisc is holding a Heart Scale (I believe) and Compoundeyes will increase that chance even further :thumbup:

You'll have a good amount of Scales after 10 minutes of fishing and thieving

As an added note, if your Compound Eyes Pokémon of choice can't learn Thief or Covet, what you can do is have it faint, keep it in the lead slot, and put a Pokémon with Thief/Covet in the second slot (for an added bonus, use a Pokémon with Frisk such as Banette or Phantump to check for an item as soon as the battle starts). Compound Eyes' field effect works no matter whether the Pokémon is healthy or fainted, as long as it's in the first slot.

You can also BUY Heart Scales on the PGL's Pokemileage Club for a measly 100 PokeMiles per scale.

I have read on Bulbapedia that Gravity decreases the evasion of all Pokémon by two stages. Does that mean that if no evasion raising moves are used any move with an accuracy percentage of 60% or greater will always hit any Pokémon in play while the effects of Gravity still exist?

I put a Piplup up on the Gen VI GTS asking for a Latios, and I believe I got a hacked shiny one in return (It says it had a fateful encounter and came from Hoenn, which from what I've read isn't possible). I'll try again for a legit Latios, but will receiving a hack affect my game at all?

I have read on Bulbapedia that Gravity decreases the evasion of all Pokémon by two stages. Does that mean that if no evasion raising moves are used any move with an accuracy percentage of 60% or greater will always hit any Pokémon in play while the effects of Gravity still exist?
This didn't sound right for some reason so I had to crunch the numbers but yes, that is exactly the cut-off. Gravity is an amazing field condition, albeit a brief one.
I put a Piplup up on the Gen VI GTS asking for a Latios, and I believe I got a hacked shiny one in return (It says it had a fateful encounter and came from Hoenn, which from what I've read isn't possible). I'll try again for a legit Latios, but will receiving a hack affect my game at all?
No - other than the possibility of Nintendo improving their hack-checks in the future, in which case your Latios will be blocked from Rating Battles/Tournaments, etc., but the rest of your game should be unaffected.

Question:

I raised this one in the Battle Center Simple Questions thread, but it seems that six months after the game's release still nobody is sure: What does the "Handicap" option do in Link Battles?

I hope this is the right place to ask, but if not, apologies in advance ^^;

So, I've been putting off upgrading to the 3DS (mostly to play Pokémon XY) for a while not, but a friend of mine, who got a 3DS and Pokémon X a few months ago, realised he really doesn't use it enough and wants to sell it. As he knew I was still considering upgrading, he offered to sell it to me

Now, I was wondering if a secondhand unit and game would have any kind of influence of gameplay or future events or anything (as I understood there was something like one account for a unit?) Cause I would still like to be able to play the games to their full extend and participate in future events, get Pokémon Bank, and so on

Thanks in advance, and sorry again if this is not the right place to ask ^^;

So, I've been putting off upgrading to the 3DS (mostly to play Pokémon XY) for a while not, but a friend of mine, who got a 3DS and Pokémon X a few months ago, realised he really doesn't use it enough and wants to sell it. As he knew I was still considering upgrading, he offered to sell it to me

Now, I was wondering if a secondhand unit and game would have any kind of influence of gameplay or future events or anything (as I understood there was something like one account for a unit?) Cause I would still like to be able to play the games to their full extend and participate in future events, get Pokémon Bank, and so on

I believe he can reformat the system(not necessarily the game) to production specs, so besides the wear it would be set up for a first-time use where you would be able to set up an account.

It should not affect you in any way, unless you REALLY do not like second-hand stuff.

Okay this might be in poor taste, but if you get bank you should store all of his pokemon before starting a new game. Even if you do not use them, they would be great bartering tools in trades if you have no attachment to them.

I believe he can reformat the system(not necessarily the game) to production specs, so besides the wear it would be set up for a first-time use where you would be able to set up an account.

It should not affect you in any way, unless you REALLY do not like second-hand stuff.

Okay this might be in poor taste, but if you get bank you should store all of his pokemon before starting a new game. Even if you do not use them, they would be great bartering tools in trades if you have no attachment to them.

Thanks ^^ Second-hand stuff is no deal (and I've seen it, it looks basically new, he has like, 20 hours or so in the game and it's the only game he even played on it, so yeah)

I'm really out of the loop when it comes to the new Generation, but anyway thanks for the swift answer, glad it won't have any influence on game play at all

Thanks ^^ Second-hand stuff is no deal (and I've seen it, it looks basically new, he has like, 20 hours or so in the game and it's the only game he even played on it, so yeah)

I'm really out of the loop when it comes to the new Generation, but anyway thanks for the swift answer, glad it won't have any influence on game play at all

No problem, just don't ask him what his friend safari if you want it to be a surprise. As from what anyone can tell Friend Safaris are directly tied to the system itself do it might not change from him to you.

So, is there any way to cancel canceling a trade? Sometimes I trade with someone and I think we're done so I hit cancel trade, but they offer another Pokemon I really want and I don't want to ask them to trade again, I have to wait until they realize I'm done

So, is there any way to cancel canceling a trade? Sometimes I trade with someone and I think we're done so I hit cancel trade, but they offer another Pokemon I really want and I don't want to ask them to trade again, I have to wait until they realize I'm done

That is not possible. You can try and get in contact with them again, but until Nintendo gives us a better communication system during trades you might want to practice your Charades.

This might not get a very factual answer, seeing as opinion comes into play, but I was wondering if it's still possible to finish Pokémon Emerald including most post-game content when the internal battery has run dry? Mine finally died not too long ago (and I don't dare replace it) but I really wanted to play it once more, including things as Contests (which Pokéblocks and thus Berries are kinda needed for, which no longer grow)

Or aren't there enough Berries and other such things available to properly complete these sidequests?

Does anyone know Skarmory's encounter rate in the victory road or if it only appears in a specific area? Must have gone through 50 Fearows without seeing one. Also does anyone know how often hidden abilities appear in hordes? Been looking for a immunity gligar and I've must have gone through 30 hordes without seeing one.

Does anyone know Skarmory's encounter rate in the victory road or if it only appears in a specific area? Must have gone through 50 Fearows without seeing one.
Bulbapedia page lists Skarmory as "rare" which is probably 5% or something (like the Eevees along Route 10). As opposed to wild Hydreigon in the same area which are described as "very rare".

On my Pokemon Soulsilver, I decided to grow some more Event Berries I planted, and after I forgot about them for awhile (oops), they restarted growing. However, I kinda just noticed that time based Events stopped happening for some reason, like the internal battery running dry in a Gen III game. Does anyone know why this happened and how to fix it?

Does anyone know Skarmory's encounter rate in the victory road or if it only appears in a specific area? Must have gone through 50 Fearows without seeing one.
Bulbapedia page lists Skarmory as "rare" which is probably 5% or something (like the Eevees along Route 10). As opposed to wild Hydreigon in the same area which are described as "very rare".

You're in the right area (I think it's the only area that has wild encounters from the sky). But yeah, Skarmory is pretty rare. It took me a bunch of tries on X before it showed up.

Question:

I raised this one in the Battle Center Simple Questions thread, but it seems that six months after the game's release still nobody is sure: What does the "Handicap" option do in Link Battles?

Question:

It was a little hard to find info on this (apparently not many people use this feature), but apparently the handicap will allow the game to limit the amount of Pokémon the other player can send out based on their relative performances in other matches. For instance, someone who is a generally poor competitive battler might be able to have a 6-vs-5 game against a generally strong player. Note that I'm not sure this is accurate (not a competitive battler myself), but it's what I could find.

A... conundrum I have with Pokémon Platinum (regarding the Hoenn golems)

I do hope this is in the correct section, and that this question hasn't been asked far too often (I did try the search function, to no avail) that it has been reliquated to beating a dead horse, but...

I recently bought some of the older DS-era Pokémon games, to collect and bank (Pokémon Bank) legendaries and otherwise unattainable Pokémon to my Pokémon X game and... no matter what Pokémon knowledge base I visit, I can only reach one troubling, confusing speculation regarding the Hoenn golems. And correct me if I'm wrong:

To catch Regigigas in Pokémon Platinum, at level 1, I must:
- Have caught Regirock
- Have caught Regice
- Have caught Registeel
- Go to the Snowpoint Temple where Regigigas is held imprisoned

To catch Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Pokémon Platinum, I must:
- Have an event-tagged Regigigas?

Is this correct? Because basically what that tells me is that... I can't get the level 1 Regigigas, because I require Regirock, Regice and Registeel... which I need a level 100 Pokémon movie event-based level 100 Regigigas for...

... to catch a level 1 Regigigas?

Re: A... conundrum I have with Pokémon Platinum (regarding the Hoenn golems)

I do hope this is in the correct section, and that this question hasn't been asked far too often (I did try the search function, to no avail) that it has been reliquated to beating a dead horse, but...

I recently bought some of the older DS-era Pokémon games, to collect and bank (Pokémon Bank) legendaries and otherwise unattainable Pokémon to my Pokémon X game and... no matter what Pokémon knowledge base I visit, I can only reach one troubling, confusing speculation regarding the Hoenn golems. And correct me if I'm wrong:

To catch Regigigas in Pokémon Platinum, at level 1, I must:
- Have caught Regirock
- Have caught Regice
- Have caught Registeel
- Go to the Snowpoint Temple where Regigigas is held imprisoned

To catch Regirock, Regice and Registeel in Pokémon Platinum, I must:
- Have an event-tagged Regigigas?

Is this correct? Because basically what that tells me is that... I can't get the level 1 Regigigas, because I require Regirock, Regice and Registeel... which I need a level 100 Pokémon movie event-based level 100 Regigigas for...

... to catch a level 1 Regigigas?
I dont believe you need to do that event to get Regigias in Platinum, but you need the three Regis with you when you go to catch it(which come from a Gen 3 game)

I wanted to teach my shiny Dialga I got from gamestop and transfered to pokemon X outrage. Is there a way to learn outrage in X/Y? The move relearner does not have it?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom