• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

He already got formes from Zekrom and Reshiram. It would be pointless for GF to make a similar thing. I personally think, that these moves are definitely going to be Zygarde's signature moves in upcoming Pokémon game. I don't know, maybe Pokémon Z version.

Thousand Arrows: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the ground.

Most like Smack Down, but broken.
I'm trying to think of who this would affect most. Rotom Wash, to a degree, Thundurus (both), Gengar and Ho-oh would affected, is there anything else significant I'm missing? I really don't see this as super game breaking.

hard to theorymon on new forms without knowing anything bout them, so I think talking about them really doesn't help.

Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat etc.
even out of these, only zapdos would be used in the same tier as a boosted Zygarde.

The Lati Twins, Charizard Y, Talonflame, etc. Basically anything with a subtype weak to ground. And believe it or not that is a lot of Pokemon.

EDIT: Forgot some of the most common Air Balloon Pokemon. Heatran and Excadrill. Basically a Zygarde running both Earthquake and Thousand Arrows is going to be one of the scariest Pokemon in the game.

Thousand Waves: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. The user attacks with a wave that crawls along the ground. Those hit can't flee from battle.

Thousand Arrows: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the ground.

--

Both of these attacks I really like. The first one being able to prevent the opponent from fleeing while at the same time does a lot of damage. Definitely would come in handy.

A Ground-type version of Smack Down that hits Pokemon that are immune normally to ground moves, that's going to be a very useful move in battle I think and something I look forward to using.

Mega Zygarde X has Xerneas features and gets a move and Mega Zygarde Y has Yveltal features and gets a move. Probably temporarily writing over Lands Wrath

Mega Zygarde X has Xerneas features and gets a move and Mega Zygarde Y has Yveltal features and gets a move.
The moves don't suggest a resemblance to either Xerneas or Yveltal. If anything, Thousand Arrows is a way of countering Yveltal.

Please reread my post, nowhere did I suggest that the moves implied the resemblance. I just believe it to be so, in a similar vein to Kyurems forms, except these will be Megas.

Also I don't understand why one of the moves countering Yveltal somehow invalidates my point.

I can definitely say that with these moves, Zygarde is going to have two formes, implying two versions like BW2, and I was kind of hoping it would be true.

Xerneas has earth traits and Yveltal has sky traits. Thousands Waves’ effect is targeted to Pokémon on the ground and Thousand Arrows’ effect is targeted to Pokémon in midair. This feels very much like an aid to Aura Break. Since the Pokédex implies that Zygarde has a secret power, it could just be a single form that learns both moves at the same level instead of two forms that counter Xerneas and Yveltal individually. I’m pretty sure this rules out Mega Zygarde unless the next game incorporates a new mechanic that adds moves upon Mega-Evolving (which should’ve happened in X and Y to begin with if so).

Xerneas has earth traits and Yveltal has sky traits. Thousands Waves’ effect is targeted to Pokémon on the ground and Thousand Arrows’ effect is targeted to Pokémon in midair.

Was just about to mention this. Waves is very much X-axis (crawls along the ground) and Arrows is Y-axis (hits Pokemon in the air). There is a link between the moves effects/technique and Xerneas/Yveltal.

Xerneas has earth traits and Yveltal has sky traits. Thousands Waves’ effect is targeted to Pokémon on the ground and Thousand Arrows’ effect is targeted to Pokémon in midair.

Was just about to mention this. Waves is very much X-axis (crawls along the ground) and Arrows is Y-axis (hits Pokemon in the air). There is a link between the moves effects and Xerneas/Yveltal.

I just hope that the forme change is done similar to Giratina instead of like Kyurem.

Was just about to mention this. Waves is very much X-axis (crawls along the ground) and Arrows is Y-axis (hits Pokemon in the air). There is a link between the moves effects and Xerneas/Yveltal.

I just hope that the forme change is done similar to Giratina instead of like Kyurem.

As this gen is all about plugging Mega Evos it will likely be a Mega Evo. Xerneas and Yveltal have 680 BST, Zygarde has only 600, a 100 mega boost brings him up to 700 which would allow him to easily deal with the previous 2. Especially this arrows one taking down Yveltal and putting it in its place.

I always believed it would be 1 mega evo and that we'd get a single Z version, but the discovery of 2 moves makes me doubt this and think maybe it could be sequels a la ZX and ZY.

Well, Xerneas is said to have slept for a thousand years, right?
And Yveltal becomes a cocoon for a thousand years, right?
I can see that GF's favourite number in this generation is definitely 1000.

I just believe it to be so, in a similar vein to Kyurems forms, except these will be Megas.
I just think that there should be a better reason for this belief other than a single precedent. If Zygarde isn't going to merge with either Xerneas or Yveltal, why should it look like them? And it seems counter-intuitive to make it similar to them if its purpose is to provide balance.

Scraftail said:
I’m pretty sure this rules out Mega Zygarde unless the next game incorporates a new mechanic that adds moves upon Mega-Evolving (which should’ve happened in X and Y to begin with if so).
It wouldn't be a way of adding moves so much as having signature moves "evolve" with the user. You'd think that Game Freak would have already done this with Mewtwo, but that's a minor complaint compared to other issues. They probably want to have this be Zygarde's gimmick.

The Lati Twins, Charizard Y, Talonflame, etc. Basically anything with a subtype weak to ground. And believe it or not that is a lot of Pokemon.

EDIT: Forgot some of the most common Air Balloon Pokemon. Heatran and Excadrill. Basically a Zygarde running both Earthquake and Thousand Arrows is going to be one of the scariest Pokemon in the game.

Depending on the New Zygarde's stats and move tutor availability, I don't see why it would run both at the expense of another move.

Depending on the New Zygarde's stats and move tutor availability, I don't see why it would run both at the expense of another move.

Zygarde also doesn't learn much outside of Outrage and Extremespeed. I don't think there will be many Tutor moves that could help Zygarde out.

I just think that there should be a better reason for this belief other than a single precedent. If Zygarde isn't going to merge with either Xerneas or Yveltal, why should it look like them? And it seems counter-intuitive to make it similar to them if its purpose is to provide balance.

Scraftail said:
I’m pretty sure this rules out Mega Zygarde unless the next game incorporates a new mechanic that adds moves upon Mega-Evolving (which should’ve happened in X and Y to begin with if so).
It wouldn't be a way of adding moves so much as having signature moves "evolve" with the user. You'd think that Game Freak would have already done this with Mewtwo, but that's a minor complaint compared to other issues. They probably want to have this be Zygarde's gimmick.

Well Mega Mewtwo X resembles an X, and Mega Mewtwo Y looks like a Y, it could be as simply as this. Mega Zygarde X is more X shaped and Mega Zygarde Y is more Y shaped perhaps.

Well Mega Mewtwo X resembles an X, and Mega Mewtwo Y looks like a Y, it could be as simply as this. Mega Zygarde X is more X shaped and Mega Zygarde Y is more Y shaped perhaps.

OHMYGOD HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THAT!?

Mind blown.

Well Mega Mewtwo X resembles an X, and Mega Mewtwo Y looks like a Y, it could be as simply as this..
I don't see the resemblance.

Well it's quite clear, so not sure what to say to that, you do see Xerneas resembles an X and Yveltal as a Y right? Zygarde also looks like a Z, just incase you were unsure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom