• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

The 3DS can be considered "succesful" compared to his competitors, with is only the Vita. the big problem of nintendo now it's the WiiU who really bombed. The circunstances between the DS era and the 3DS era are being different. Games in iPhone, iPad, Android that are free or cheap didn't exist in 2006/2007.

What happened with the DS hardware is something unique that is not likely to repeat soon. And the 3DS won't repeat that success.

Given that some console from this generation was released last autumn, I doubt that the 3DS successor is going to be released "soon"(in other words, in less than 2 years) . What I expect from Nintendo is combined the WiiU (who really bombed) and the 3DS (who is decent) merging into one.

Even if the console is going to be released in early 2016 I doubt that Pokemon is going to be released until at least 1 year later.

The 3DS can be considered "succesful" compared to his competitors, with is only the Vita. the big problem of nintendo now it's the WiiU who really bombed. The circunstances between the DS era and the 3DS era are being different. Games in iPhone, iPad, Android that are free or cheap didn't exist in 2006/2007.
It doesn't matter what the reason is. There is no reason for the 3DS to receive the same treatment as the DS did.

Given that some console from this generation was released last autumn, I doubt that the 3DS successor is going to be released "soon"(in other words, in less than 2 years) . What I expect from Nintendo is combined the WiiU (who really bombed) and the 3DS (who is decent) merging into one.
Merging into one? I don't know what exactly you mean by that, but Iwata has already clarified that the integration of the handheld and home device teams into one is being done for the next generation of systems.

Satoru Iwata recently stated that Nintendo had integrated the handheld and home device teams into one for their next generation of systems
They should aim for a release within a year of the successor's launch.

wouldn't it be awesome if they included an event for jirachi where you actually go to the moon to catch it? they have made references to rumors in the past like in fr/lg where they referenced the truck rumor since you could move it.

wouldn't it be awesome if they included an event for jirachi where you actually go to the moon to catch it? they have made references to rumors in the past like in fr/lg where they referenced the truck rumor since you could move it.

It was Deoxys that was rumored to be catchable on the moon, not Jirachi.

And yes, that would be totally awesome.

It was Deoxys that was rumored to be catchable on the moon, not Jirachi.

And yes, that would be totally awesome.

my friend when we were eight told me it was jirachi xD a moon map would have worked with the game boy too but eh. besides dexoys has birth island let jirachi have the moon.

Does anyone know how the EV Super Training will turn out in future games? In terms of raising Pokémon for online battles, the whole EV-training mini-game itself was pretty much a godsend, but it looks a bit too tacked on in XY, due to lack of backstory. It would be great if there is a stadium in one of the bigger cities of each region, which allows you to actually do your EV training with your Pokémon, AND do daily battles with the other trainers (and possibly resident athletes) in the stadium. Or possibly a dojo which allows the same thing? (Here's a thing for you, Safferon City Fighting Dojo.)

In Hoenn's case it could be Slateport, Lilycove, or Rustboro? (I don't really know which is to be the metropolis of the region.)

Does anyone know how the EV Super Training will turn out in future games? In terms of raising Pokémon for online battles, the whole EV-training mini-game itself was pretty much a godsend, but it looks a bit too tacked on in XY, due to lack of backstory. It would be great if there is a stadium in one of the bigger cities of each region, which allows you to actually do your EV training with your Pokémon, AND do daily battles with the other trainers (and possibly resident athletes) in the stadium. Or possibly a dojo which allows the same thing? (Here's a thing for you, Safferon City Fighting Dojo.)

In Hoenn's case it could be Slateport, Lilycove, or Rustboro? (I don't really know which is to be the metropolis of the region.)
I really want to see the Pokéathlon from HeartGold/SoulSilver return to the franchise, so one other option is that GameFreak could bring it back but instead of having specific Pokéathlon stats like HGSS, different events could be determined by how many EVs your Pokémon has in a certain stat which can be increased/decreased through training? (There are 6 main stats and 5 Pokéathlon stats, so just add another Pokéathlon event and boom).

Of course, watch it not happen simply because it's a fun idea.

well in hoenns case hoenn never had a bottom screen so they can have pokemon amie, pss and the super training for future games its the same until we get to sinnoh remakes which i can see them just adding the poketech in the options for bottom scree. pokemon amie and super training can stay in the bottom screen for the hoenn remakes too.

I'm really hoping they pimp up the contests in the Hoenn remakes and make good use of the 3DS's features and Amie. I have thought before I'm sure in Amie they could make it so you can teach your Pokemon tricks, and with contests you could toss that in with moves to even move combos and make everything beautiful!

And a better post game would be fabulous, they could keep the current Hoenn one but it needs as little after story. Catching the regis, weather trio and battle frontier was great! But there isn't much story behind it...

If you go to the E4, theres a portrait of the Dragon E4 member from R/S/E.

Gen 3 Confirmed.

But I honestly see no reason not to. There's a ton of fan demand, thousands of videos, and many fan drawings.
What I wonder is if it would be 3D.

X and Y. The hallway leading up to the E4 Room. It's very blurry, but I interpreted it with a white mustache, the captains hat on, and the blue robe.
But it's not to be taken seriously :-D

So in a potential revisit to Kanto would Johto be included? I mean I know I would love to go back to Johto. It would be the reverse of GSC/HGSS where you started off in Johto and then went over to Kanto during the post game. Another place I'd love to see back is the Sevii Islands. I honestly feel there's a lot more that can be done with them. But instead of Johto Pokemon being found there, I'd rather see Hoenn, Sinnoh, or maybe even brand new Pokemon exclusive to the islands. The other idea I have for the Sevii Islands is it being the only place in the games where you can find Pokemon with their hidden abilities.

Since Mega Evolution has been introduced, there needs to be a place where they can be found. For Mewtwo, I think a good place would be New Island. Now it was never in the games but it would make a great addition to them. That's where I would have Colress found and after beating him, he would give you the Mega Stones for Mewtwo. Anyone else like that idea?

My last idea is something I had just thought of the other day. We never actually saw the Indigo League's Champion before Blue. I think whoever it was should be introduced. Now whether it be an existing character or a new character, I don't know. I doubt it could have been an existing character as there aren't trainers strong enough to have been the Champion. Yeah there was Giovanni but he was a Gym Leader at the time so he's out of the question. However Lance is a possiblity. The Elite Four had a hierarchy and I suppose with Lance losing he would have been demoted to the Final Elite Four member. If Lance was the Champion then Karen or Will must have been the other member. I read a theory that Norman could have been the Champion which would make for an interesting way to tie in Hoenn remakes.

Last edited:

Since Mega Evolution has been introduced, there needs to be a place where they can be found. For Mewtwo, I think a good place would be New Island. Now it was never in the games but it would make a great addition to them. That's where I would have Colress found and after beating him, he would give you the Mega Stones for Mewtwo. Anyone else like that idea?
Do you mean the Pokemon in the wild are already mega evolved? Because that wouldn't make sense because of the mechanics of mega evos.
But if you just mean Pokemon that can mega evolve, then yes, there needs to be more of them. And the Colress idea is pretty cool. It also makes sense because he's looking for ways to discover how to unlock a Pokemon's true potential, which is exactly what mega evos are. (Does anyone else think that GF was actually hinting at mega evos in B2/W2 with him?)

My last idea is something I had just thought of the other day. We never actually saw the Indigo League's Champion before Blue. I think whoever it was should be introduced. Now whether it be an existing character or a new character, I don't know. I doubt it could have been an existing character as there aren't trainers strong enough to have been the Champion. Yeah there was Giovanni but he was a Gym Leader at the time so he's out of the question. However Lance is a possiblity. The Elite Four had a hierarchy and I suppose with Lance losing he would have been demoted to the Final Elite Four member. If Lance was the Champion then Karen or Will must have been the other member. I read a theory that Norman could have been the Champion which would make for an interesting way to tie in Hoenn remakes.
I've always thought that in Kanto (Gen I and III remakes), there is no champion. Because he says, after you defeat him:
"I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another trainer! His name is… [your rival's name]!"
So, if Blue had not beaten him first, you'd simply become the champion. There was no one else. I might be wrong... who knows?

Do you mean the Pokemon in the wild are already mega evolved? Because that wouldn't make sense because of the mechanics of mega evos.
But if you just mean Pokemon that can mega evolve, then yes, there needs to be more of them. And the Colress idea is pretty cool. It also makes sense because he's looking for ways to discover how to unlock a Pokemon's true potential, which is exactly what mega evos are. (Does anyone else think that GF was actually hinting at mega evos in B2/W2 with him?)

I've always thought that in Kanto (Gen I and III remakes), there is no champion. Because he says, after you defeat him:
"I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another trainer! His name is… [your rival's name]!"
So, if Blue had not beaten him first, you'd simply become the champion. There was no one else. I might be wrong... who knows?

Woops I meant the Mega Stones. I meant like New Island would be where the Mewtwo stones would be from. It would be a cool call back to the movies and would legitimately make sense for the games. Yeah no being able to encounter actual Mega Evos in the wild would be silly. Colress was also mentioned by a backpacker on Route 10 by the stones. I do believe that Game Freak was hinting at Mega Evolution with the introduction of the character. He's been to the stones on Route 10 in Kalos so he has some degree of knowledge about AZ. Perhaps he is from Kalos himself. If there's a sequel to X/Y I'm betting Colress will be in it. His whole story just screams sequel material.

Yeah the Champion thing I really don't know about. It very well could have been Lance and someone else took his position on the Elite Four. It is odd though if they did not have one. The events of FRLG are contemporaneous with Emerald and the Hoenn League had a Champion. So why would the Indigo League be so different?

So in a potential revisit to Kanto would Johto be included? I mean I know I would love to go back to Johto. It would be the reverse of GSC/HGSS where you started off in Johto and then went over to Kanto during the post game.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but please God no. There's more that can be done with the regions individually than if they lump them both in the same game.

Another place I'd love to see back is the Sevii Islands. I honestly feel there's a lot more that can be done with them. But instead of Johto Pokemon being found there, I'd rather see Hoenn, Sinnoh, or maybe even brand new Pokemon exclusive to the islands. The other idea I have for the Sevii Islands is it being the only place in the games where you can find Pokemon with their hidden abilities.

Oh yeah, I'd expect to see all kinds of 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon catchable in the Sevii Islands, the post game Pokemon are generally meant to complement the ones found in the main game. They include Pokemon that are either unavailable in a previous game or rare. So looking at XY, we have the following Pokemon that are either unavailable in both FRLG and XY or are only available in XY through the Friend Safari:

Aipom/Ambipom
Sunkern/Sunflora
Girafarig
Pineco/Forretress
Stantler
Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox
Shroomish/Breloom
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Numel/Camerupt
Cacnea/Cacturne
Baltoy/Claydol
Feebas/Milotic
Castform
Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir
Tropius
Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Kricketot/Kricketune
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Cherubi/Cherrim
Shellos/Gastrodon
Buneary/Lopunny
Glameow/Purugly
Bronzor/Bronzong
Spiritomb
Finneon/Lumineon
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
Munna/Musharna
Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Drilbur/Excadrill
Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny
Cottonee/Whimsicott
Petilil/Lilligant
Darumaka/Darmanitan
Maractus
Yamask/Cofagrigus
Minccino/Cinccino
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Frillish/Jellicent
Joltik/Galvantula
Klink/Klang/Klinklang
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
Elgyem/Beheeyem
Bouffalant
Rufflet/Braviary
Vullaby/Mandibuzz
Larvesta/Volcarona

I don't really think all of these Pokemon are a good fit for the Sevii Islands, but I do think at least some of these could be added.

Having HA Pokemon catchable there would be neat too.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but please God no. There's more that can be done with the regions individually than if they lump them both in the same game.

Another place I'd love to see back is the Sevii Islands. I honestly feel there's a lot more that can be done with them. But instead of Johto Pokemon being found there, I'd rather see Hoenn, Sinnoh, or maybe even brand new Pokemon exclusive to the islands. The other idea I have for the Sevii Islands is it being the only place in the games where you can find Pokemon with their hidden abilities.

Oh yeah, I'd expect to see all kinds of 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gen Pokemon catchable in the Sevii Islands, the post game Pokemon are generally meant to complement the ones found in the main game. They include Pokemon that are either unavailable in a previous game or rare. So looking at XY, we have the following Pokemon that are either unavailable in both FRLG and XY or are only available in XY through the Friend Safari:

Aipom/Ambipom
Sunkern/Sunflora
Girafarig
Pineco/Forretress
Stantler
Shroomish/Breloom
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Numel/Camerupt
Cacnea/Cacturne
Baltoy/Claydol
Feebas/Milotic
Castform
Tropius
Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Kricketot/Kricketune
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Cherubi/Cherrim
Shellos/Gastrodon
Buneary/Lopunny
Glameow/Purugly
Bronzor/Bronzong
Spiritomb
Finneon/Lumineon
Munna/Musharna
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Drilbur/Excadrill
Cottonee/Whimsicott
Petilil/Lilligant
Darumaka/Darmanitan
Maractus
Yamask/Cofagrigus
Minccino/Cinccino
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Frillish/Jellicent
Joltik/Galvantula
Klink/Klang/Klinklang
Elgyem/Beheeyem
Bouffalant
Rufflet/Braviary
Vullaby/Mandibuzz
Larvesta/Volcarona

I don't really think all of these Pokemon are a good fit for the Sevii Islands, but I do think at least some of these could be added.

Yeah, I think a lot of those could fit in the Sevii Islands, and many of the others would be available in Hoenn. They could also potentially expand the Sevii Islands so that they're more interesting. There's already a lot to do there, but some of the islands are pretty bare bones.

Aipom/Ambipom
Sunkern/Sunflora
Girafarig
Pineco/Forretress
Stantler
Shroomish/Breloom
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Numel/Camerupt
Cacnea/Cacturne
Baltoy/Claydol
Feebas/Milotic
Castform
Tropius
Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Kricketot/Kricketune
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Cherubi/Cherrim
Shellos/Gastrodon
Buneary/Lopunny
Glameow/Purugly
Bronzor/Bronzong
Spiritomb
Finneon/Lumineon
Munna/Musharna
Blitzle/Zebstrika
Drilbur/Excadrill
Cottonee/Whimsicott
Petilil/Lilligant
Darumaka/Darmanitan
Maractus
Yamask/Cofagrigus
Minccino/Cinccino
Deerling/Sawsbuck
Frillish/Jellicent
Joltik/Galvantula
Klink/Klang/Klinklang
Elgyem/Beheeyem
Bouffalant
Rufflet/Braviary
Vullaby/Mandibuzz
Larvesta/Volcarona

Yeah, I think a lot of those could fit in the Sevii Islands, and many of the others would be available in Hoenn. They could also potentially expand the Sevii Islands so that they're more interesting. There's already a lot to do there, but some of the islands are pretty bare bones.

I don't think RS remakes and Kanto remakes would be in the same gen, actually. So whatever you say would be put in Hoenn would probably be put in another game.

And you think the Sevii Islands should be expanded? How? I'm not really sure what else to add there aside from putting in new facilities, like expanding the Trainer Tower into a Battle Frontier, or repurposing Altering Cave into a Friend Safari.

The rivals were very lackluster though thats something we can all agree on these changes must happen

may/brenden will fight you atleast one more time after lili cove with the final stage of their starter and should sceptile and swampert be given mega evolution's may/brenden should also have a mega of their starter.

wally needs to be battled more then twice throw him in after the fifth gym badge and after the seventh and finally in victory road he'll have a mega gardivior

and rematchs after the main games over with both rivals ( i think emerald did let you rematch wally though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom