• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Gen III remakes) ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Generation III Remake Discussion

If there are going to be remakes, I hope the mega stones in these remakes are given by NPC, not found in the floor. Because, as have been said in x/y, mega stones are only found in kalos.

In my opinion, Pokemon Emerald should be remade over Ruby/Sapphire, because in Pokemon Emerald, you get to fight both teams, where in Ruby/Sapphire, you basically side with one of the teams and help them foil the other team's goal. So basically, your actually helping one of the teams achieve their goal, but in Pokemon Emerald, you try to stop both teams.

Anyway, I think if there would be Ruby/Sapphire remakes, they should impeliment things from Pokemon Emerald into the game, especially fighting and trying to stop both teams.

Also, on another note, I think that Wallace should still be Champion like in Emerald, and Steven more act as a role as Red, but way more envolved and talkative then Red, of course. I just think he should be like a "Super-Trainer" like Red was.

I've been wondering what Game Freak will do with the Game Corner if the remakes do happen. Will they have a game like Voltorb Flip, or will they transform it into a little shop that sells TMs, or will it be phased out completely? I'm guessing the third option is likely, since the Game Corner never made an appearance in Gens V and VI.

In my opinion, Pokemon Emerald should be remade over Ruby/Sapphire, because in Pokemon Emerald, you get to fight both teams, where in Ruby/Sapphire, you basically side with one of the teams and help them foil the other team's goal. So basically, your actually helping one of the teams achieve their goal, but in Pokemon Emerald, you try to stop both teams.

Anyway, I think if there would be Ruby/Sapphire remakes, they should impeliment things from Pokemon Emerald into the game, especially fighting and trying to stop both teams.

Also, on another note, I think that Wallace should still be Champion like in Emerald, and Steven more act as a role as Red, but way more envolved and talkative then Red, of course. I just think he should be like a "Super-Trainer" like Red was.

HGSS had a lot of gameplay and storyline elements from Crystal version, so it's reasonable to expect RS remakes to do the same. I imagine that the storyline will probably be more like Emerald than RS, you'll be fighting both teams instead of one, but one will probably win out and you'll have to defeat one. Rayquaza might possibly be involved as well, but that might be a little harder to work in. Also, I think Match Call, the Battle Frontier, and maybe some of the new areas like Mirage Tower and Magma Hideout will also return from Emerald.

I've been wondering what Game Freak will do with the Game Corner if the remakes do happen. Will they have a game like Voltorb Flip, or will they transform it into a little shop that sells TMs, or will it be phased out completely? I'm guessing the third option is likely, since the Game Corner never made an appearance in Gens V and VI.

Hm, tough to say. I would like to see Voltorb Flip return though, I loved that game.

HGSS had a lot of gameplay and storyline elements from Crystal version, so it's reasonable to expect RS remakes to do the same. I imagine that the storyline will probably be more like Emerald than RS, you'll be fighting both teams instead of one, but one will probably win out and you'll have to defeat one. Rayquaza might possibly be involved as well, but that might be a little harder to work in. Also, I think Match Call, the Battle Frontier, and maybe some of the new areas like Mirage Tower and Magma Hideout will also return from Emerald.

Hmm… I never actually thought about it like that. I would accept or like or whatever the idea of you fight both teams, but one of them ends up winning or whatever and you have to stop Archie/Maxie in their last stand against you or whatever. That way, it'll still have some effect like Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, but still have the Emerald thing in it.:)

Also, I really hope the areas and the stuff that you said from Emerald returns, and some other areas of course that were in Emerald but not in Ruby/Sapphire. Hopefully, if they do the Battle Frontier, they do the Battle Facilities from Pokemon Emerald instead of Pokemon Platnium/Heartgold/Soulsilver. Those facilities in Emerald are truely unique, ya know?

Hm, tough to say. I would like to see Voltorb Flip return though, I loved that game.

eitehr way that cutscne with rauquaza needs to make a come back in full 3d and an extended fight between the weather trio, because thats why emeralds>>>>r/s

i played emerald first and then sapphire my thought sapphire was crappier version of emerald

I imagine that the storyline will probably be more like Emerald than RS, you'll be fighting both teams instead of one, but one will probably win out and you'll have to defeat one.
I think Team Magma got that honor in Emerald already.

I think that they should just remake Emerald as, in my opinion, it is overall a better game story wise.

Whatever they do, I sure as hell hope they allow buying Coins again, or just remove the Game Corner altogether and make the prizes obtainable in another way. I found the minigame to be too difficult and making it the only way to get any coins in HGSS was even worse. At least before there was the option to buy the damn coins.

As for the version deal, what makes it slightly more difficult to deal with is the fact that 3rd Versions first became unified plotlines with Emerald. However, that ultimately clashes with the intent of making the box Legendaries exclusive to one version. It's still possible, though. I do think the game should definitely play more like Emerald and have all its elements. However, it could still implement the version emphasis with certain ease.

They could make most of the game play like Emerald (You battle both Teams, Kyogre and Groudon battle, and Rayquaza has to stop them). However, they could add an extra sub-plot either before or after the climax, where the boss of the Team matching the version (Maxie for Ruby, Archie for Sapphire) does something that prevents the version's Legendary from going into slumber. Either using something alongside the opposite Orb during the awakening to supercharge Groudon/Kyogre, or they use the opposing Orb again before the Legendaries go away. Then you have to enter the Cave of Origin again after Archie/Maxie give you the other Orb, and battle Maxie/Archie a last time, and afterwards go for the box Legendary at the bottom. The other Legendary will not appear, and the Sky Pillar is blocked by something/someone until you become Champion.

I think that they should just remake Emerald as, in my opinion, it is overall a better game story wise.

They could do what they did with HGSS which was both GS as well as parts of Crystal's story in it.

I think to be very hard plot-wise--not impossible, but very hard--to simply "remake Ruby & Sapphire w/ Emerald gameplay changes", since the plot changed so much in Emerald. I think they were able to add certain changes from Crystal into HeartGold & SoulSilver because they didn't significantly alter the main story. Yeah Suicune was no longer a roaming legendary and Eusine was added as a character, but those things didn't change the fact that the main legendaries in Gold & Silver and their remakes were Ho-oh and Lugia, and it was easy to just make Suicune/Eusine a side-story situation. And the Ruins of Alph were a side-story from the beginning, so again adding Crystal's changes didn't significantly alter the main story. (I can't think of any other significant changes they brought over from Crystal; Buena's Password is just not significant plot-wise.) Of course they don't have the follow the same story scene-by-scene (see the Sevii Islands in FRLG, or the Kimono Girls in HGSS), and I could see if they added Scott and the Battle Frontier or make Juan the Sootopolis Gym Leader, for example, because those changes wouldn't significantly change the overall plots in Ruby & Sapphire. But making both Team Magma and Team Aqua evil teams and adding the Groudon/Kyogre conflict would be moving the remakes away from their Ruby/Sapphire original story and towards the updated Emerald story, which would then bring up the question of why Game Freak was remaking Emerald but claiming that they were remaking Ruby & Sapphire.

This makes me wonder if Game Freak would consider making only one remake game of Pokémon Emerald instead of two remake games of Ruby & Sapphire. I want to say I doubt that will happen, but hey, they made Black 2 and White 2 when I was expecting Pokémon Grey/Gray, so I think anything is possible now. But of course, one game for the price of two seems to be a Pokémon staple, sooo...

As for the Mauville Game Corner, I can easily see Game Freak phase that out and put the prizes elsewhere in the game, or putting some type of Pokéathlon-like thing there to get the old prizes, since the Game Corner wasn't really needed for the plot. (After their phasing out of the Game Corner in Gen V, I doubt they would bring something like Voltorb Flip back.) I'm sure that lady can give you something else for bringing her Harbor Mail--and that's assuming they even bring Mail back! :p

They could do the same thing they did in HG/SS where you catch the box legendary before the Elite Four and then the legendary of the other version after it, this way they could keep the Emerald plot and the dual versions, it also means you would have two Uber legendaries prior to the Elite Four so i don't know if it's a good idea but Rayquaza is level 70 so another Uber legendary prior to the Elite Four wouldn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Maybe something like:
-Rayquaza comes to settle down the duo
-they start to submit but then one of them roars back up defying Rayquaza
-the player character has to bring down the raging legend

I think to be very hard plot-wise--not impossible, but very hard--to simply "remake Ruby & Sapphire w/ Emerald gameplay changes", since the plot changed so much in Emerald. I think they were able to add certain changes from Crystal into HeartGold & SoulSilver because they didn't significantly alter the main story. Yeah Suicune was no longer a roaming legendary and Eusine was added as a character, but those things didn't change the fact that the main legendaries in Gold & Silver and their remakes were Ho-oh and Lugia, and it was easy to just make Suicune/Eusine a side-story situation. And the Ruins of Alph were a side-story from the beginning, so again adding Crystal's changes didn't significantly alter the main story. (I can't think of any other significant changes they brought over from Crystal; Buena's Password is just not significant plot-wise.) Of course they don't have the follow the same story scene-by-scene (see the Sevii Islands in FRLG, or the Kimono Girls in HGSS), and I could see if they added Scott and the Battle Frontier or make Juan the Sootopolis Gym Leader, for example, because those changes wouldn't significantly change the overall plots in Ruby & Sapphire. But making both Team Magma and Team Aqua evil teams and adding the Groudon/Kyogre conflict would be moving the remakes away from their Ruby/Sapphire original story and towards the updated Emerald story, which would then bring up the question of why Game Freak was remaking Emerald but claiming that they were remaking Ruby & Sapphire.

This makes me wonder if Game Freak would consider making only one remake game of Pokémon Emerald instead of two remake games of Ruby & Sapphire. I want to say I doubt that will happen, but hey, they made Black 2 and White 2 when I was expecting Pokémon Grey/Gray, so I think anything is possible now. But of course, one game for the price of two seems to be a Pokémon staple, sooo...

As for the Mauville Game Corner, I can easily see Game Freak phase that out and put the prizes elsewhere in the game, or putting some type of Pokéathlon-like thing there to get the old prizes, since the Game Corner wasn't really needed for the plot. (After their phasing out of the Game Corner in Gen V, I doubt they would bring something like Voltorb Flip back.) I'm sure that lady can give you something else for bringing her Harbor Mail--and that's assuming they even bring Mail back! :p

true but that rayquaza scene must return it was the pinnacle of gen 3s awesomeness and rayquaza was even voted most popular box legend from what i remember ( thats why a shiny one with V create got distributed right?)

so heres a way in can work
you fight team aqua/magma like in ruby and sapphire but the opposite team has awakened the legendary pokemon groundon/kyogre so team magma/aqua sends you to mt pyre to get the orb find the other legendary pokemon and awaken it to fight the other teams ledgendary pokemon. steven then appears to try and stop the fighting and convices the two sides they're both wrong so they try to stop the legendary pokemon but an't steven will take you to wallace and the same story as in emerald takes place. In the after game you can catch your versions legendary pokemon because you still have the orb and rayquaza is also catachable as he was back in r/s

not likely but its the best way to try and keep fighting one team exclusive in a fight ( from what i remeber in sapphire you team up with team magma right? only played sapphire once my memories are hazy ) i think we can agree that the battle frontier will stay and probably be extended, jaun was very liked he'll make a return and so will scott the real question is who the champion will be. wallace makes sense since its the region of water and stevan is an awesome final battle, so how about making juan pure ice type gym leader so there isn't two water users

I'm probably gonna say the same thing I said earlier in the thread so just sit by.

The events between the 7th and 8th gym badge will happen just as they did in Emerald, ala Groudon v. Kyogre. Then the PC rushes to get Raquaza to stop it. The fight ends and the PC faces the 8th gym. After beating the gym Juan/Wallace/Steven gets a call that the box legend is destroying a new Island area south of Sootopolis. The PC flies to Slateport where they'll hop a ship to the new Islands and defeat or capture the box legend. Then the PC can face the E4 as normal, then afterwards explore the new Islands as a Battle Frontier area.

As long as they allow us to get the other box legend like they did in HG/SS then I'll be set. On a somewhat different note, I hope that GF will make the Regi chamber challenges different and hopefully a little more complex and challenging. Doing that side quest was the most fun and excruciating pain I ever had in the games and my 300 hours pumped into the version attest to that.

As long as they allow us to get the other box legend like they did in HG/SS then I'll be set. On a somewhat different note, I hope that GF will make the Regi chamber challenges different and hopefully a little more complex and challenging. Doing that side quest was the most fun and excruciating pain I ever had in the games and my 300 hours pumped into the version attest to that.

they did that because in gold and sliver you could catch both so it carried over to the remakes. in ruby only groudon and rayquaza could be caught. and they seem to be sticking with one ledgend catachbe per game except in the third games diamond and pearl only palkia/dialga black and white reshirham or zekrom even in black 2 and white 2 its the same x and y only xernas or yvetal and in emerald all 3 in platnuim all 3 and depending Z may have all 3 to.

Aww. My first game was Gold but it literally shit all over my Gameboy so I never got past the first gym.

Way to get your hopes up self.

another thing that might support remakes
mewtwo couldn't be caught for two generations fr/lg come out
ho-oh and lugia couldn't be caught for 2 gens hg/ss and an event for them happened the generation before an event happened for groudon and kyogre in 5th gen
its been 2 gens since you could catch the weather trio (hg/ss)

HURRUN CONFURRMED

by thatlogic we're also getting gold and sliver remakes again

JOHOTO CONFIRMED

One thing I'd really like to see, is Move Tutors that can teach moves that Pokemon can only learn from being transferred. With the easier IV breeding and EV-Training, having the remakes allow you to get moves that are no longer obtainable without transferring would make team building easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom