• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I want to ship them.... But can't

Maya Oak

Reaction score
So basically this a thread about discussing characters that you think would be awesome together but couldn't work out. Or maybe ships you can't get into.

For me I really can't understand why people ship Dawn/Paul. I mean he doesn't even remember her name in that one episode. Then on fanfiction there is a ton of ikarishipping stories.

Another one is a recent development and that's rocketshipping. It was really cute in Kanto but after that it really started to fizzle out for me. Then I started on this alternate world fic and I had to make a couple OCs I fell in love with.

So what about you?

To be honest, I've felt this way for a while about Appealshipping. Dawn and Zoey both compliment each other incredibly well, but I seriously doubt we'll be seeing them together any time soon if only for the anime being so kid-friendly and politically correct. In my opinion, there's no point getting involved in a ship I don't see happening (no matter how cool it would be), so I tend to avoid those types of shippings in general.

I want diodeshipping to be canon so much, but that will never ever ever happen, considering that it's malexmale and how much they're pushing armorshipping. Ash and Clemont's general interaction is really cute and one of the few things I like about the X and Y anime.

Armorshipping also counts, but for the opposite reason. I really dislike how little character development Serena is getting besides her obsession with Ash, and such a shallow relationship becoming the first canon one would be undesirable.

Edit: though, I guess that one misses the "want to ship them" mark...

Ash x Latias. I think him being human and her being a Pokémon, even though she can take human for would be a doomed relationship. He would always question if what they had was real, and her taking human form would complicate things by making them both question if he could love her for her without it or if he can only lover her because she can take human form.

AmourShipping, or Ash/Serena. As I've grown I have needed more out of characters in the media I consume, and as such have realized that Ash isn't as great of a character as he was when I was little. Not because he has changed (he hasn't), but because I have. As a result I find it hard to get into any ships involving Ash these days. I also find the idea of romantically shipping Ash with every female co-star he meets unsatisfactory; platonic relationships are good enough for me. There's nothing really wrong with the ship, it's just not my cup of tea.

AmourShipping. I want to love it SO BAD, but I just can't. I love Serena to bits, but... I dunno, I just can't picture them together (and my heart is still close to PokeShipping). Maybe that'll change as the season goes on. We'll just have to see.

Whatever the hell Cilan X Burgundy is. I wanted to ship them early on. I mean, it looked like a typical tsundere-style thing, or at least it seemed that way during a couple of early encounters when all Burgundy did was insult Cilan only to receive compliments in return.

Only problem was that they just didn't interact enough to go anywhere with it. Hell, whenever Burgundy appeared as the series went on, she was mostly interacting with Georgia. And a couple of episodes early on just isn't really enough for me. I just would have liked a little more on those two~

Pokeshipping- Misty is quite a bit taller than Ash- I couldn't imagine them slow dancing or something. Also not a fan of couples who bicker all the time

GeekChicshipping- with all the promotion going on with Amour, I don't see how there's any hope at all with Clemont and Serena. Would love to be proven wrong though, Clemont's my favorite traveling companion ever in the series.

Also, like someone else said, Ash x Latias. That's just... unorthodox. It would be like the Pokemon equivalent of beastality, lol.

DualrivalShipping. Ever since I've had Pokemon Black I have shipped the hell out of CheckmateShipping, and recently I have become more obsessed with Rebelshipping. I've never liked the idea of N and Touko together, or Cheren and Bianca together. But I've recently started playing through the game again and I've noticed how cute Cheren and Bianca would be together. I can't ship it, though. I can't leave my beautiful ships. My head is being screwed with.

I feel this way with DualRivalShipping. I don't know why.
It could be because I'm more of a CheckmateShipper, but I usually ship some characters with multiple people.

Also, AmourShipping. I can't ship Serena with Ash as he is unaware of romance. D:
This shipping looks so nice though.

DualrivalShipping. Ever since I've had Pokemon Black I have shipped the hell out of CheckmateShipping, and recently I have become more obsessed with Rebelshipping. I've never liked the idea of N and Touko together, or Cheren and Bianca together. But I've recently started playing through the game again and I've noticed how cute Cheren and Bianca would be together. I can't ship it, though. I can't leave my beautiful ships. My head is being screwed with.

I ship N and Hilda, as well as Hilbert and Bianca.

I don't like the idea of Falkner/Janine. The two don't seem to get along. Falkner/Lyra isn't popular at all but I support it.

I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but I just can't ship Misty/Ash. Even though they were like, meant to be together, for some reason I just can't be okay with shipping them. xD

I also can't ship Steven/Cynthia. He belongs with Maaaay! ;_; Or Flannery. :3

I don't get how StPetersburgShipping (Serena(COTD)/Serena(XY)) got its name...

#IRONY

Last edited by a moderator:
Armorshipping. I loved Serena's character in the games (more so as your rival, obviously), so when she was being announced as one of Ash's companions, I thought it'd be interesting. Everyone wanted to say this was it, this was THE female companion that would make Ash suddenly realize he wasn't entirely asexual.

Instead, I cannot stand Anime!Serena at all. She's essentially there to be a love interest. She has very little personality, and little to nothing in common with the personality of her game self. The fact that she was just SHOVED into Ash's back story pisses me off to no end. She's like a badly disguised Mary Sue: she just shows up and goes 'DO YOU REMEMBER ME', and suddenly she was part of his childhood and he's never mentioned her before because...no specific reason, just 'didn't remember'. Yeah, all right.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they don't make the mistake of making it cannon. I want to like this pairing, but it just makes my blood boil whenever I see it/hear about it.

Ferriswheelshipping, or whatever N/Hilda is called. I know a lot of people love it to pieces but I simply can't back that Ponyta. Even worse? I was working on a Black fanfic that totally destroyed that pairing for me; the more I wrote N's interactions with the main female lead, I realized just how different the pair were and it completely sank the boat.
I'm probably going to get flamed to death for this, but I just can't ship Misty/Ash. Even though they were like, meant to be together, for some reason I just can't be okay with shipping them. xD
Makes two of us. Maybe it's their personalities but I can't pair off Ash and Misty. For me it has never worked.

Geekchicshipping- I really like both Serena and Clemont and they would look quite cute together, but Serena's crush on Ash is just so adorable that it feels really weird to ship these two. Plus I think Clemont would do better with some girl who is older than him (like Korrina probably), so it's really difficult to ship these two.

Kodakshipping- I really like the pairings of Ash x his main rival (Palletshipping is awesome! And Comashipping is cool too) but this one was just so boring! Ash and Trip just didn't seem to care enough about each other to make me care about their rivalry or this ship.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom