• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

I want to make an offensive Hail team for Ubers, snd so on,
MAbomasnow
KyuremW
Mewtwo

I want to use a Water-type, maybe Palkia? Should it run Blizzard?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out what Mega Pokemon to have on my team. I've been running through a lot of them, but none of them seem to ever fit the way I play except for Aggron, who I boxed to make room for Ferrothorn. I'll put my current team and their functions down and you guys can tell me what you think I should change.

Swellow- Guts with Flame Orb, Facade, Brave Bird, Protect and Steel Wing, 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP
Greninja- Protean with Splash Plate (I can't think of anything else to give it) with Ice Beam, U-Turn (again subject to change), Scald and Dark Pulse, 252 speed, 252 Sp. Att, 4 hp
Dragonite- Wonder Scale with Weakness Policy, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fire Punch, 252 att, 252 speed iirc and 4 hp
Reuniclus- Magic Guard with Life Orb, Phsycic, Trick Room, Focus Blast and Recover, 252 HP and 252 Sp. Defence/Defence/Sp. Att ( i forget :uhoh:)
Ferrothorn- Iron Barbs with Rocky Helmet, Stealth Rock, rest of moves undecided, probably 252 sp. def/def/hp or something

And there we are. I don't like having a Mega Pokemon who's really frail and dies with one hit; I've gone through Charizard X and Y, Medicham and Blaziken already, none of which appeal to me for that reason. I'm tempted to use Gengar but his bulk is quite poor too. Any ideas?

I'm wanting to build a competitive team around my mega Lucario as I enjoy the battle spot and enjoy doing tiers with my friend in college... who I have only beaten twice due to I'm really new to competitive battling.
The tier is OU and Ubers (as he doesn't care if mega gengar, blaziken and such or mega lucario are banned, makes it more fun and frustrating)

So what would you guys suggest would go well with this Lucario? Keep in mind he's staying as he is as he seems to be quite effective and unpredictable. But if you think his move set is really bad do say so and what you would have him as encase he doesn't go well with other Pokemon. Swords Dance is a no no, he doesn't have much time to set that up against Ubers anymore. OU maybe but since I let people use mega gengar and such, probably not.

Lucario @lucarioite
Jolly nature (haven't done the EVs yet as I haven't gotten round to fully training him.
-Protect
-Bullet Punch
-Close Combat
-Earthquake

I do have a competitive Tyrantrum and Blaziken in reserves but I don't think having so many sweepers who are weak to similar types is a good thing. Could I get any help please? I would love it <3
why Protect?

Because apparently the mega evolution stat changes only come into effect after 1 turn, unless I'm wrong? Also enrages opponents but mostly lets me see what set my opponents are running. I don't mind getting rid of protect if this isn't true.

Unless you are doing doubles, don't ever run that. Seeing as how your Lucario appears to be physically based, that should be replaced with Swords Dance.

Hi, I'm trying to figure out what Mega Pokemon to have on my team. I've been running through a lot of them, but none of them seem to ever fit the way I play except for Aggron, who I boxed to make room for Ferrothorn. I'll put my current team and their functions down and you guys can tell me what you think I should change.

Swellow- Guts with Flame Orb, Facade, Brave Bird, Protect and Steel Wing, 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP
Greninja- Protean with Splash Plate (I can't think of anything else to give it) with Ice Beam, U-Turn (again subject to change), Scald and Dark Pulse, 252 speed, 252 Sp. Att, 4 hp
Dragonite- Wonder Scale with Weakness Policy, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Fire Punch, 252 att, 252 speed iirc and 4 hp
Reuniclus- Magic Guard with Life Orb, Phsycic, Trick Room, Focus Blast and Recover, 252 HP and 252 Sp. Defence/Defence/Sp. Att ( i forget :uhoh:)
Ferrothorn- Iron Barbs with Rocky Helmet, Stealth Rock, rest of moves undecided, probably 252 sp. def/def/hp or something

And there we are. I don't like having a Mega Pokemon who's really frail and dies with one hit; I've gone through Charizard X and Y, Medicham and Blaziken already, none of which appeal to me for that reason. I'm tempted to use Gengar but his bulk is quite poor too. Any ideas?

Try Gyarados or Venusaur

Try Gyarados or Venusaur

It hadn't crossed my mind to use those two due to me already having water/dark/grass types on my team. Are they the only bulky Megas that would fit on my team? What about Mega Garchomp? Would it be worth boxing Dragonite for it?

Try Gyarados or Venusaur

It hadn't crossed my mind to use those two due to me already having water/dark/grass types on my team. Are they the only bulky Megas that would fit on my team? What about Mega Garchomp? Would it be worth boxing Dragonite for it?

MVenu has an almost entirely different weakness set than Ferrothorn due to it's typing and Thick Fat, while MGyara fulfills an almost opposite role as Greninja (bulky boosting sweeper vs fast + frail hit and run attacker) so your team's diversity won't be hurt too much by slapping them on. MAmpharos, MGarchomp, MScizor, MAbomasnow, MTTar, MMawile, MAerodactyl, MBlastoise, MBanette, and MHeracross are all decently bulky stat wise but have mediocre or worse Speed/Defensive typing (or both). MManectric (Intimidate), MGardevoir, and MPinsir can take a hit on one side of the spectrum but not the other.

Not exactly a competitive team help I need help with but still somewhat competitive in its nature. It's for my third slot for the Battle Maison Super Singles. I'm currently using Greninja, Mega Mawile and Aegislash and I'm consisently reaching the low 40s in Super Singles but end up losing sometime around there. Aegislash is definitely the least useful of the three, so I'm hoping people have some useful for suggestion to replace it with (or maybe a different item/set for it if people think I should keep it).

These are the sets (nothing special).

greninja.gif

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
mawile-mega.gif

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
aegislash-blade.gif

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

As I said, Greninja and Mega Mawile both work fine. I lead with Greninja. It's got a pretty good movepool and I'm so fast I can easily switch up types to fool the game. I've had both Grass Knot and U-turn in Extrasensory's slot and I really do prefer Extrasensory. I'm considering replacing Swords Dance on Mawile with either Iron Head or Brick Break, as I find myself rarely need to SD. I chucked Aegislash on last because I can use it as a bulky pivot, but I never really seem to get use out of it. I know Aegislash is a really good Pokemon, but Greninja and Mega Mawile just put more work in every battle.

Any suggestions on changes/replacements? I don't mind breeding stuff aslong as it's not some Hidden Power stuff or requires Gen V/IV move tutors. Oh and please don't suggest Mega Kangaskhan. Pretty much everyone I know that has beaten Super Singles used Mega Kang and I don't want to. (I'd really like to keep Greninja and Mega Mawile though as I like using them and as I said, they do work well.)

Not exactly a competitive team help I need help with but still somewhat competitive in its nature. It's for my third slot for the Battle Maison Super Singles. I'm currently using Greninja, Mega Mawile and Aegislash and I'm consisently reaching the low 40s in Super Singles but end up losing sometime around there. Aegislash is definitely the least useful of the three, so I'm hoping people have some useful for suggestion to replace it with (or maybe a different item/set for it if people think I should keep it).

These are the sets (nothing special).

greninja.gif

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
mawile-mega.gif

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
aegislash-blade.gif

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

As I said, Greninja and Mega Mawile both work fine. I lead with Greninja. It's got a pretty good movepool and I'm so fast I can easily switch up types to fool the game. I've had both Grass Knot and U-turn in Extrasensory's slot and I really do prefer Extrasensory. I'm considering replacing Swords Dance on Mawile with either Iron Head or Brick Break, as I find myself rarely need to SD. I chucked Aegislash on last because I can use it as a bulky pivot, but I never really seem to get use out of it. I know Aegislash is a really good Pokemon, but Greninja and Mega Mawile just put more work in every battle.

Any suggestions on changes/replacements? I don't mind breeding stuff aslong as it's not some Hidden Power stuff or requires Gen V/IV move tutors. Oh and please don't suggest Mega Kangaskhan. Pretty much everyone I know that has beaten Super Singles used Mega Kang and I don't want to. (I'd really like to keep Greninja and Mega Mawile though as I like using them and as I said, they do work well.)

Since you're going with Special Greninja I'd say give Specs a try. If you'd like to keep LO I would put U-Turn on it. Your team definitely has the potential to have a U-Turn Pokemon and a Volt Switch Pokemon. For your Volt Switcher I'd say give Rotom-H a try. Probably the WoW Specially Defensive set would be best.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Calm
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Overheat
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp / Thunder Wave
Pain Split

Kinda funny that your Aegislash doesn't work, I beat the Chatelaine and got to the low 50s with a very similar 'Slash (252 Atk/252 SAtk Life Orb Brave with Shadow Sneak over King's Shield) paired with a DD Mega Gyarados and a WeakNite. You might want to try that set, as otherwise our teams are pretty similar with Gyarados and Mawile both being bulky boosters and DNite/Greninja acting as revenge duty with either a high Speed stat ('ninja) or Extreme Speed (Dragonite) and raw power provided by either STAB coverage moves/WP and DDance boosts. I would also recommend leading with Aegislash rather than Greninja as Aegislash can eat almost any hit and return fire with Shadow ball followed by Shadow Sneak, then SS the switch in to bring it into KO range for your next 'mon before it goes down. This allows him to act as a blunt instrument while Greninja is more of a precision tool.

Since you're going with Special Greninja I'd say give Specs a try. If you'd like to keep LO I would put U-Turn on it. Your team definitely has the potential to have a U-Turn Pokemon and a Volt Switch Pokemon. For your Volt Switcher I'd say give Rotom-H a try. Probably the WoW Specially Defensive set would be best.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Calm
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Overheat
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp / Thunder Wave
Pain Split

Not gonna try Specs since the reason I've found myself doing so well is because Greninja can just switch types to get STAB on every move allowing it to do decent damage (or super effective) on a lot of the NPCs teams while also fooling the AI into often going for super effective hits and failing. Specs would mean having to switch in and out when I often shouldn't need to (since it's only in-game). I already tried U-turn and I found myself wishing I had either Grass Knot or Extrasensory (usually Extrasensory) which is why I replaced it the first time. But I do have a Rotom-Heat (though it is physically defensive, but I can always breed another) so I might give your suggestions a try. I don't have any way of getting Pain Split currently though, so I'd probably have to use ChestoRest for recovery?

Kinda funny that your Aegislash doesn't work, I beat the Chatelaine and got to the low 50s with a very similar 'Slash (252 Atk/252 SAtk Life Orb Brave with Shadow Sneak over King's Shield) paired with a DD Mega Gyarados and a WeakNite. You might want to try that set, as otherwise our teams are pretty similar with Gyarados and Mawile both being bulky boosters and DNite/Greninja acting as revenge duty with either a high Speed stat ('ninja) or Extreme Speed (Dragonite) and raw power provided by either STAB coverage moves/WP and DDance boosts. I would also recommend leading with Aegislash rather than Greninja as Aegislash can eat almost any hit and return fire with Shadow ball followed by Shadow Sneak, then SS the switch in to bring it into KO range for your next 'mon before it goes down. This allows him to act as a blunt instrument while Greninja is more of a precision tool.

I wouldn't say my Aegislash doesn't work but it doesn't do nearly as much as the other two which is why I've thought that it was the one that needed changing/replacing. I'll breed up a Brave Aegislash and try that set then. Also leading with Greninja has been going really well, oftentimes it just clean sweeps the NPC (and if not takes down one if not two first). The only lead problems I've had with Greninja are Electrode and, when reaching the 40s, Raikou. I'll try out your suggestions though.

Thanks for both your replies!

Try scarf diggersby. It has two 100% acc stab moves (return and EQ) on huge power and shares no common weakness with your other members.

I find 100% stab moves at speed to be best in mansion since a hydropump miss vs houndoom etc wreaks causes a loss.

I hope this is the right place to post what I'm about to ask. I'm trying to make a team for the May International, but I have to decide between 8 Pokemon, and I'm conflicted which ones to use. I also welcome any advice on what to change from the ones below or what member I should add.
Lucario - Jolly, Inner Focus, Lucarionite: Extremespeed, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, Detect.
Salamence - Naive, Intimidate, Life Orb: Rock Slide, Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/Dragon Claw, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast.
Gardevoir - Modest, Trace, Focus Sash: Dazzling Gleam, Psyshock, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball.
Aegislash - Quiet, Weakness Policy: King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon
Meowstic (Male) - Bold, Prankster, Mental Herb: Fake Out, Quick Guard, Helping Hand, Thunder Wave
Amoongus - Bold, Regenerator, Black Sludge: Spore, Rage Powder, Giga Drain, Hidden Power (Fire)
Vaporeon - Bold, Water Absorb, Leftovers: Scald, Ice Beam, Protect, Wish
Garchomp - Jolly, Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Protect

I hope this is the right place to post what I'm about to ask. I'm trying to make a team for the May International, but I have to decide between 8 Pokemon, and I'm conflicted which ones to use. I also welcome any advice on what to change from the ones below or what member I should add.
Lucario - Jolly, Inner Focus, Lucarionite: Extremespeed, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, Detect.
Salamence - Naive, Intimidate, Life Orb: Rock Slide, Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/Dragon Claw, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast.
Gardevoir - Modest, Trace, Focus Sash: Dazzling Gleam, Psyshock, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball.
Aegislash - Quiet, Weakness Policy: King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon
Meowstic (Male) - Bold, Prankster, Mental Herb: Fake Out, Quick Guard, Helping Hand, Thunder Wave
Amoongus - Bold, Regenerator, Black Sludge: Spore, Rage Powder, Giga Drain, Hidden Power (Fire)
Garchomp - Jolly, Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Protect

Rough Helmet Garchomp needs to be bulky. You'd probably be better off not using it. I'd also drop Gardevoir as without its Mega's its basically useless. Go Dragon Claw with Salamence. Protect over Detect on Lucario due to higher PP. Otherwise everything is fine.

Rough Helmet Garchomp needs to be bulky. You'd probably be better off not using it. I'd also drop Gardevoir as without its Mega's its basically useless. Go Dragon Claw with Salamence. Protect over Detect on Lucario due to higher PP. Otherwise everything is fine.

Using Detect over Protect makes it less likely to be Imprison-ed, even though you may think it's rare to encounter such a move. Besides, 5 PP is usually sufficient for a Protect-ing move. And of the 6 remaining ones, can you think of any them that can be replaced? Thank you for the input.

Using Detect over Protect makes it less likely to be Imprison-ed, even though you may think it's rare to encounter such a move. Besides, 5 PP is usually sufficient for a Protect-ing move. And of the 6 remaining ones, can you think of any them that can be replaced? Thank you for the input.

Only Pokemon I would think of replacing would be Vaporeon as Wish healing won't be too helpful in a VGC Doubles match and maybe Meowstic as its really just taunt fodder. You could probably bring back Garchomp and run a Rock Slide/Earthquake combo with Salamence. I'd also consider a Pokemon with Air Slash as Air Slash/Rock Slide will cause a lot of flinching on your opponents side.

Only Pokemon I would think of replacing would be Vaporeon as Wish healing won't be too helpful in a VGC Doubles match and maybe Meowstic as its really just taunt fodder. You could probably bring back Garchomp and run a Rock Slide/Earthquake combo with Salamence. I'd also consider a Pokemon with Air Slash as Air Slash/Rock Slide will cause a lot of flinching on your opponents side.

That would be a nice idea, were not for the fact that they both are 4x weak to Ice. And I gave Meowstic Mental Herb to counter Taunt; I mostly use it a Fake-Out user/supporter. Only good Air Slash users are Charizard (useful only if it has a Mega Stone), Yanmega (which is pretty frail) and Togekiss (which I cannot use because of the rules). And apart of those mentioned, can you think of any Kalos Pokedex 'mons that can put Rock Slide to good use?

That would be a nice idea, were not for the fact that they both are 4x weak to Ice. And I gave Meowstic Mental Herb to counter Taunt; I mostly use it a Fake-Out user/supporter. Only good Air Slash users are Charizard (useful only if it has a Mega Stone), Yanmega (which is pretty frail) and Togekiss (which I cannot use because of the rules). And apart of those mentioned, can you think of any Kalos Pokedex 'mons that can put Rock Slide to good use?

Tyranitar and Tyrantrum come to mind. Both have decent speed paired with high attack and weaknesses that aren't too common. I'd throw an Assault Vest on either one if you were to use them.

Tyranitar and Tyrantrum come to mind. Both have decent speed paired with high attack and weaknesses that aren't too common. I'd throw an Assault Vest on either one if you were to use them.

Thanks.

I'm trying to build a team for 6v6 OU Singles but I can't decide on weather I should use Hex, Psyshock, Extrasensory or Dark pulse on my Ninetales (also can't decide on the item.) The set I have so far is:

Ninetales: @Wise glasses/Heat rock
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk and Speed, 4 Def.
Heat wave
Solar beam
???
Wil-O-wisp

Bear in mind that 1: this team is not a Sun team and 2: I'm not using Charizard Y because it is a themed team and Charizard Y does NOT fit with the theme of the team (as far as I know.)

I'd run Wise Glasses or Life Orb (unless you want to prolong the weakened Water for as long as possible) and Psyshock (it has the best coverage overall). I'd replace Heat Wave with either Fire Blast or Flamethrower due to the fact that Heat Wave is basically as powerful as Flamethrower and as unreliable as Fire Blast (though this might be just me disliking moves that don't have 100% accuracy, lol)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom