• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

Mr. Bell

Reaction score
So Hoenn Remakes has been confirmed (booo, i hate hoenn, never mind that though)-

Look at the Box Arts, Both Groudon and Keyogre clearly look different than their usual look. So it may be just the stylized look of the boxart, or maybe a new Mega Evolution?

But if U look close enough, u may see an obvious resemblence for the XY Mortality Due, Groudon connected to Ylvetal, and Keyougre connecte to Xernesas. It is most visible with Groudon, but look closely at their "tails" and u will surely see it. So maybe it's a new form, like the DNA Splicers? Will they merge two legendaries from different trios and regions? That will be quiet awesome.

Adding the pictures:
View attachment 94192

View attachment 94191

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hoenn Remake Confirmed- Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

I applaud whoever made the subforum name. Big ol' claps to you. I'm kinda interested in what the new area is gonna be.

I'm so glad the remakes are coming so soon! I can't wait to explore Hoenn again. And those Box arts look awesome.

Since Sapphire is called "Alpha", does that mean that Sapphire is considered the first version while Ruby is the second version? That's what I get from those titles.

Thanks for reading.

Yes, yes, yes! We finally get a remake of Hoenn following the lackluster X and Y games!

Since Sapphire is called "Alpha", does that mean that Sapphire is considered the first version while Ruby is the second version? That's what I get from those titles.

Thanks for reading.

The "Alpha" and "Omega" parts of the names are really interesting to me. I'd like to see what it means. To me, Alpha is Raquaza, while both Groudon and Kyogre are Beta's or Omega's.

Well shit, I wasn't expecting this at all.

But with that said... FUCK YEAH!!! Now this is a remake I am looking forward to!!

Bout time. Thing is though, R/S are set like 20 years before X/Y.

I don't think that was ever confirmed, was it?
There's a MINIMUM time difference of 5 years. We don't know the time-gap between Gen II/IV->BW or B2W2->XY, but we know there's 3 years between Gens I/III and II/IV, then 2 years between BW and B2W2.

There has never been official confirmation on when exactly any of the Pokemon games have taken place on a timeline, except that GSC is like two/three years after RBY, and B2W2 is two years after BW.

It's also not been confirmed that I and III take place at the same time, @Joshawott; :p Or II and IV, for that matter.

The only thing that makes them look different is the markings. Weather(See what I did there? :XD2:) they have replaced the old ones or this is a Mega Evolution is yet to clear to us.

Though if they did make these the Mega Evolution's I can understand why. it looks like they have there own internal energy generators built into their bodies now. Maybe Groudon's ability could be called something like Solar Force, and Kyogre's is Aqua Force which could maybe boost the power of their moves by 50%?

rIfO2Y3.png

That is an interesting observation.

Knowing Game Freak, Kyogre and Groudon should have new formes.

It'd make no sense if the game allows you to Mega Evolve these pokemon. I thought Mega Evolutions were confirmed to happen only in Kalos prior to and during Gen VI, which should take place after Gen III and its remakes.

There has never been official confirmation on when exactly any of the Pokemon games have taken place on a timeline, except that GSC is like two/three years after RBY, and B2W2 is two years after BW.

It's also not been confirmed that I and III take place at the same time, @Joshawott; :p Or II and IV, for that matter.

It's been hinted at, though. As I recall, the news report of the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage was what sent Barry and the player to Lake Verity in Diamond and Pearl, and it was described as a recent event. Therefore, Diamond and Pearl must take place at least partly during the same time as Gold and Silver.

The only real questions on my mind are "Are they keeping the Game Corner?" and "Did they find a way to incorporate elements from Emerald's plot into the remakes like they did with incorporating Crystal elements into HG/SS?"

Generation II/IV is more concrete, considering that the events of the Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage were shown in TV at the beginning of Ruby/Sapphire. Although it is admittedly possible that they were watching a rerun (because let's be honest, Barry was never the smartest lad - he thought Gyarados might have been in Lake Verity!).

But eh, it's not important anyway. Definitely not a 20 year difference xD

I guess 20 years was a bit much :p.

Knowing Game Freak, Kyogre and Groudon should have new formes.

It'd make no sense if the game allows you to Mega Evolve these pokemon. I thought Mega Evolutions were confirmed to happen only in Kalos prior to and during Gen VI, which should take place after Gen III and its remakes.

Retcon. Just have Steven say he went to Kalos and got them if anything.

There has been two things that has me brought the attention a lot:

-The presence of Mega Lati@s in the code of X&Y.

-The fact that if you bring a pokemon with ribbons from Gen III and Gen IV the ribbons obtained are lost ad the pokemon is given a Memory ribbon. This doesn't happen in gen V, why is happening now?

I don't think that was ever confirmed, was it?
There's a MINIMUM time difference of 5 years. We don't know the time-gap between Gen II/IV->BW or B2W2->XY, but we know there's 3 years between Gens I/III and II/IV, then 2 years between BW and B2W2.

While not official, it's been hinted that about 10 years have passed between Gens II/IV, and the start of Gen V. However, regardless of that, Gen V just proved that being on the same Generation doesn't force all games to take place at the same time -BW and B2W2 are separated by a 2-year gap, yet they are both Gen V games, and there is no problem with trading and battling withe each other. Generations are a gameplay element, not necessarily a story element.

So I guess, and I really hope, these remakes will happen at their original timeframe without having to mess up and retcone these series timeline.

Yasssss! Great news, I was expecting the remakes to be released next year, can't wait :D I suppose the third version(s) of XY will be released in 2015.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom