• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

I'm betting Mega Sableye because its "opposite number" Mawile has one...

Y'know, to balance things out.

A couple of Gen 5 mons better get a mega evo or i'll be pissed.

I'm betting Mega Sableye because its "opposite number" Mawile has one...

Y'know, to balance things out.

I've always called them counterpart Pokemon. Like how Ursaring is a two stage line and so is Donphan. Both were found in opposite versions and are thus counterpart Pokemon.

Last edited:

I definitely hope Sceptile and Swampert get them since Blaziken already has one. As for others, I'd like Tropius, Breloom, Flygon, Sabaleye, and of course SALAMENCE!

And especially considering they're the only starter triangle without a single dual-type final evolution? They totally deserve buffs of some kind.

I think that mechanic had more to do with fitting into Johto's theme of "tradition." A "traditional" starter should remain pure-typed throughout their evolution. That didn't completely happen for Gen I; Charizard gained a secondary type, while Venusaur was dual-typed from the beginning.

You're probably correct, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But wasn't Game Freak also originally planning to finish the series after Gold & Silver? Assuming that's not just a rumor I think that's something to keep in mind, and especially now that Game Freak can use Mega Evolution to make changes to final evolution without fully overhauling their design, their thinking in the late '90s can obviously change almost 20 years later.

Anyway, I was just throwing ideas out there.

Plus, Groudon and Kyogre have quite different designs in the new box arts, which could mean those are their Mega Evolutions. Besides those, which Generation III (or not) Pokémon should be blessed with mega upgrades?
The designs honestly don't look all that different (aside from glowing white instead of blue), but Ken Sugimori has done the boxart for all core series games so far, so new artwork from him is significant somehow.

A couple of Gen 5 mons better get a mega evo or i'll be pissed.
Agreed. Hopefully Emboar. Give him more bulk/speed and make him the monster he truly is. Or create a Mega Ferrothorn. Mega Aggron will look like a joke next to him.

The reveal of Mega Blaziken in X/Y already confirmed that. What I want to know is how Game Freak will implement Mega Evolution and stones into the story. Then again, it might be a feature unlocked post-game.

We defiantly will be getting more megas, I am certain of it!
With Blaziken being a taster and a huge hint that a Hoenn remake may be in store, which it was, I think the other starters will get one, it would be stupid if they didn't.
Mega Latios and Latias will defiantly be in it, I also think the following Pokemon will get megas.
Milotic (Gyarados got one why not it's twin?)
Salamence/metagross (maybe version differences? I just love my buddy Salamence!)
Shiftry?
Swallow, wild shot but maybe?

Can't think of any more but I do think it's possible Kyogre and Groudon have megas due to the box art, unless it's something we don't know, a forme of some sort? I think megas are more likely, but will Rayquaza get one?

I think Rayquaza will, it's a tad unfair.

Talking about that, Mega Sceptile and Swampert. Now XD

Also, MEs were made by life/death energy. Xerneas/Yveltal. Eco System. Zygarde... Hmmm...

Also, I'm betting version exclusive MEs called Omega/Alpha Mega _________ or Mega ________ Omega/Alpha ^^

Definitely. Sceptile and Swampert would get one each. I think maybe Metagross and Milotic as well.

It'd be an utter crime if Sceptile and Swampert are left without Mega Evolutions this game, and it's possible that the new "forms" of Groudon and Kyogre on the cover are as well (which would be really poetic if you think about it, because what better way to represent a remake than having the mascots' power levels turned up to 11?). I think we'll almost certainly see new ones, especially for some of the most popular 3rd gen Pokemon like Salamence, Metagross, Milotic, Slaking, etc.

Mega Swampert with Sap Sipper plox

Mega Sharpedo for Archie and Mega Camerupt for Maxie

What I want:
Swampert, Sceptile, Sableye, Beautifly, Dustox, Masquerain, Exploud, Azumarill, Wailord, Spinda, Whiscash, Wigglytuff, Milotic, Castform, Chimecho, Glalie, Relicanth, Metagross.

What I expect:
Latias and Latios are the only Pokemon to get Megas in this game and we'll all be disappointed.

I think it is very likely that we will get Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert.

Since Mega Blaziken was confirmed and with a R/S remake on the wish list, I think that if these games would ever be announced, then Mega Sceptile and Swampert is likely to get a Mega Evolution too.

Just like the Kanto Starters in XY, a Hoenn starter trio in OR/AS would make perfect sense. It also seems to be sort of unbalanced if only one of the starters that you can choose from in Hoenn are able to Mega Evolve, so I really hope that we will get a Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert. It won't surprise me if Blaziken gets another Mega Evolution just like Charizard.

My theory about Mega Evolutions is that they will be revealed over time with new games and eventually with more wi-fi distribution. There fore, I also think these two games will be a perfect timing to reveal new Mega Evolutions, including the Hoenn Starters.

Personally, I haven't really considered which Mega Evolutions I would like to see, but fan favorites like Salamence and Metagross has a good chance to receive one. Less popular Pokémon like Masqurain could also benefit by gaining a Mega Evolution.

Latiosite will probably be exclusive to Omega Ruby and Latiasite to Alpha Sapphire.

I am really looking forward to the next batch of information and hopefully some pics and trailers will soon be shown!

It's a great day for the Pokémon World! :D

What I expect:
Latias and Latios are the only Pokemon to get Megas in this game and we'll all be disappointed.

Be gone, harbinger of truth.

cool

Has this been posted yet?

cool

Has this been posted yet?
Woah woah woah, what madness is this? Are people ALREADY creating fakes or is this a real scan?

Stealth edit: Looks fake to me.

Back
Top Bottom