• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

Re: Hoenn Remake Confirmed- Boxart Hint New Form for Weather Trio?

Since Sapphire is called "Alpha", does that mean that Sapphire is considered the first version while Ruby is the second version? That's what I get from those titles.

Thanks for reading.

This. Which is interesting because we usually refer to these games as Ruby first and then Sapphire. Curious to see how they play with that, if they decide to.

Also, it's possible that we'll have something similar to the Zelda Oracle series where, iirc, you were able to play Seasons and Ages in any order and the story was still connected. Now THAT would be interesting.

The only real questions on my mind are "Are they keeping the Game Corner?" and "Did they find a way to incorporate elements from Emerald's plot into the remakes like they did with incorporating Crystal elements into HG/SS?"

Pretty sure the Game Corner is gonna get replaced with something, since they were phasing it out during Gen IV. As for incorporating Emerald elements, I think it depends on how close Game Freak wants to keep to the original story of Ruby & Sapphire, 'cause Emerald's plot is, comparatively speaking, significantly different from the R/S plot.

rIfO2Y3.png

That is a really good perspective. I add mine as well-

1212.png 1212.png

These are the second set of games based on Letters. While X&Y are the letters to the ending of the english alphabet, Alpha is the first one of the greek alphabet, and Omega is the Last. And Keyogre is connected to Xernesas who brings life, the beginnin, while groudon is connected to Ylbetal who brings death, the end.

Since those are Ruby e Sapphire remakes, I am hoping for Steven to be the champion. Then again, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are Gold and Silver remakes, technically, but the games are much more similar to Crystal than to Gold and Silver. Regardless, I just want Steven to be the champion, because of reasons.

I'd like to point out that Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre were trademarked back in 2013.

Also, the symbols for Alpha and Omega are on the Japanese logo's, like with the Mega Evolution symbol for X/Y.

I am thrilled over this news. I never played Ruby through to the end, now I'll finally have a chance to do so.

I notice Kyogre looks quite different from the regular Kyogre. Mainly the very obvious glowing lines in its head's mid-section. Groudon doesn't look too different from its usual looks, but given that Kyogre does, it's most likely the angle. Probably Mega Evolutions or new Formes. Maybe their Abilities will be enhanced to work like they did before 6th Gen. That is, non-nerfed Drizzle/Drought. With different names and such.

I notice Kyogre looks quite different from the regular Kyogre. Mainly the very obvious glowing lines in its head's mid-section. Groudon doesn't look too different from its usual looks, but given that Kyogre does, it's most likely the angle. Probably Mega Evolutions or new Formes. Maybe their Abilities will be enhanced to work like they did before 6th Gen. That is, non-nerfed Drizzle/Drought. With different names and such.
Both Groudon and Kyogre are exactly the same as they originally are, except they have new markings.

Speaking of which, I want to point out that the symbols for alpha and omega are in the Japanese logo's. Maybe Pokemon will have Aplha and Omega forms instead of Mega Evolution?

That being said, Mega Groudon and Kygore were trademarked last year.

So this is just a thought but considering that both Latios and Latias have mega evolutions and can be found roaming Hoenn in the gen. 3 games maybe they'll be roaming the region again in the remake and when you catch them they'll be holding their mega stone like Mewtwo just a thought. What do you guys think?

As long as I can mutate my Techtonic Plate Colossus, I don't care if he's in the wrong plot of dirt.

The timeline doesn't matter.

Actually Kyogre and Groudon have new formes (or Mega Evolutions).

The lines underneath the new Kyogre's eyes are BLUE as opposed to red. The new Groudon's teeth are black and it has striped markings on its chest.

The new pokemon formes have different colored eyes. Kyogre has an orange iris with yellow sclera. Groudon has a yellow iris with an orange sclera.

Do you think it will be more than a side by side release like B/W 2 and silver/gold that wont change any gameplay or introduce new pokemon. If they add new mega evolutions than it would not be compatible with X&Y right?

I wonder how long GF is going to continue to cash in on nostalgia, DP remakes could surely never happen imo with their systems and ways being pretty relevant to today. Hopefully the remakes of these are well-made and not just clean copy paste into XY graphics.

I'm just glad I won't hear the constant crying for Hoenn remakes anymore.Never been a big RS fan. The story and plot was pretty weak for me, especially compared to future games.

They are definitely Megas if not new formes. But seriously. Megas.

Kyogre looks dramatically different. Specifically his head with more of his vein-like lines that were not there before and beautiful rainbow coloring where white was previously on his back and side. His fins are also glowing like this.

As for Groudon, his only real difference is the glowing magma through his veins and his arm looks a bit different. But this is more than just a simple redesign. Those are very different Pokemon.

Do you think it will be more than a side by side release like B/W 2 and silver/gold that wont change any gameplay or introduce new pokemon. If they add new mega evolutions than it would not be compatible with X&Y right?

You can't use the Giratina, Rotom and Shaymin formes in battle against D/P can you? could just be the same thing.

I'M CRYING. I wanted Hoenn remakes so much - tell me this isn't a dream!!

The boxarts - I LOVE the boxarts. Especially Kyogre.

I wonder how long GF is going to continue to cash in on nostalgia, DP remakes could surely never happen imo with their systems and ways being pretty relevant to today. Hopefully the remakes of these are well-made and not just clean copy paste into XY graphics.
People said the same thing about RS remakes. I don't see what is impeding them from making DP remakes in Generation VII, lol.

Well, at least now everybody can shut up and quit the "Hoenn confirmed" nonsense.

Last edited:

I don't think the boxart really hints at new forms so much as redesigns... only Kyogre looks particularly different than normal to me.

If they do introduce new mega evolutions then they'll probably release an update for X and Y to make them compatible with the new megas.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom