• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

MizuTaipu

Reaction score
Will we get/would you like character customizations in OR/AS like XY? Or will we just have a default character design for Brendan and May throughout the entire game?

It'd be a simple matter to add a Boutique to certain towns. I do hope the customization feature carries over.

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

Would be a step backwards if they remove customisation. Maybe a good outfit can give extra points in a contest.

I enjoyed the trainer cusomization feature in X and Y. I hope we can see it again in OR/AS, maybe with improvements (like allowing hat removal).

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

Yes, please! Maybe have other special costumes as well.

I hope for more options for male players as well. Mostly with haircuts. Curly hair please. Also hope the clothes match the overall Hoenn feel.

I agree with you Orion.

It would be nice if guys could wear bandannas too (like May and Team Aqua), and overall sunny, tropical clothing. Also having the option to buy Brendan hats would be pretty cool too. And bring back the backpack! I'm getting bored of these one strappers :(

I think it'd be a cool thing to keep~ It'd probably piss a lot of people off if they didn't. I could care less, though. More important, though...

I want to wear Sapphire's (from the Adventures Manga) blue outfit. If they give me that...I'll be Gucci.

Would be a step backwards if they remove customisation. Maybe a good outfit can give extra points in a contest.

I like the idea of customized outfits affecting your point score in contests, I hope they do something like that. It shouldn't be too difficult since something similar was in X/Y when you tried on your clothes and different animations would come up depending on the overall theme of your outfit.

And I also totally agree with more options for male characters. Like, so much more.

I dont see why they cant have customization. They could include the option of playing as May or Brenden or designing your own character. I think that's the best way. More clothing options for males. More hairstyle and accessory choices(more choices in general would be great)

I sure hope they keep customization! I've already come up with what I want my boy for Sapphire and girl for Ruby to look like, I'm gonna be pretty sad if I can't actually make them in-game!

I'd gladly welcome customization in the RSE remakes. Although I feel like the male protagonist should get more options, I'm always picking the female. I'd love the option to remove the hat, and to have more haircut style and color options. The orange was beautiful, but I need pink!

I certainly hope they keep customization as it was one of my favorite features of X and Y. Though, if for some strange reason they didn't, I wouldn't mind seeing as May is my favorite of the female PCs.

Character customization was a surprisingly enjoyable feature in XY. I'd like to have it again... especially when you think about Brendan's weird hat-thing. I'd like to have a character that has a hat that looks like a hat, not hair! ... or just take the hat off altogether. I never liked hats very much, in video games and in real life.

Oh yeah, and scuba gear would be nice for those diving routines. I still don't understand how the PC and their non-aquatic Pokemon could stay underwater and battle for such a long time.

I haven't played X or Y yet, but I do like the concept of customization. Traveling around in the same clothes forever and ever must get awfully smelly after a while. :p

Customization also might help disguise the switch if Lyra replaces May, too. :p

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom