• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OR/AS Bold Predictions

TerraTF

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
What are your bold predictions for the remakes? What do you expect to happen in this game? Try to stay away from the obvious ones like "Aqua will want a world of water."

For me it would be that the Safari Zone will be where the Friend Safari is in Hoenn and it won't be accessible without the Champion's permission.

-They will be sequels and not remakes. (I'm not sure if this is bold, but most people DO think they're remakes, so yeah...)
-Contests won't return, or if they do, they'll be a lot different from before
-Major changes in the gyms and elite four.

Last edited:
They will have a new gimmick/feature/pointless-thing-we-will-love

Like walking pokemon in HGSS.

Also Gyms will be redesigned.

Storyline changes.

Pokémon-Amie is not returning in the remakes. That would suck, because most people (including myself) love the feature, but we're talking about Game Freak here, the developer team who had the genius idea of removing the awesome Pokétch from post-Platinum games.

Mega/Forme Groudon/Kyogre will be Ground/Fire and Water/Ice.

Also, sorry to anyone I pestered with Sinnoh spec, once Hoenn spec calmed my love for Sinnoh stilled. 2hipster4u XD

Also, walking Pokemon. Please.

I'm guessing it'll be sequels because the whole new world thing.

the developer team who had the genius idea of removing the awesome Pokétch from post-Platinum games

Don't remind me! I cri evrytym.
And with that, another bold prediction: The Poketch or something similar will return.

And with that, another bold prediction: The Poketch or something similar will return.

This will pair well with my next Bold Prediction. The PokeNav will be on the bottom screen and will be how we interact with out Pokemon for Pokemon Amie and Super Training. It'll also be a better excuse for the bottom stuff to be there.

The PokeNav will be on the bottom screen and will be how we interact with out Pokemon for Pokemon Amie and Super Training. It'll also be a better excuse for the bottom stuff to be there.

But then it will have to be renamed. Because it won't be about "navigating" any more.

Last edited:
Here's 'nother one.

Regigigas gets a role. Maybe even a big one. In the post game of course.

Regi trio is from Hoenn. It only makes sense that... Well.

Regigigas.

EDIT: I keep coming up with these predictions as my conversations pass.

A new area connecting to Hoenn.

Like Sevii Islands and West Johto.

Will go with the trend of remakes.

Last edited:
There won't be Megas for Sceptile and Swampert because Gamefreak don't have boners for them like they do for Blaziken.

The Gym Leaders won't be as difficult as they were initially in R/S.

The Braille necessary for the Regis will either be redone or removed.

And Contests will only be in Lilycove and not scattered throughout the region (NOOOOOOOOO).

REGIGIGAS. Gets a plot because Team Aqua and Magma want his control over tectonic plates to create more/less coastline

I would love to see Scott make a return, alongside the original Battle Frontier. God, the hours that I spent on that beautiful island.

I think there's gonna be more legendaries catchable like in HGSS. I have a feeling Dialga and Palkia will be exclusives like Groudon and Kyogre were in HGSS.

There won't be Megas for Sceptile and Swampert because Gamefreak don't have boners for them like they do for Blaziken.

Alternatively: Sceptile and Swampert get Mega Evolutions, Blaziken gets a second one.

Alternatively: Sceptile and Swampert get Mega Evolutions, Blaziken gets a second one.

Mega Blaziken Alpha and Omega? I personally don't like how Charizard got two mega evos and the other Kanto starters only got one, it's just too unfair.
So I HOPE they don't give Blaziken another evo.
But I have a feeling they will for some reason....

I think I have another Bold Prediction. You'll be able to receive both Lati@s in the game as well as Darkrai, Cresselia, and Shaymin through events similar to the ones in Gen 4.

Mega Blaziken Alpha and Omega? I personally don't like how Charizard got two mega evos and the other Kanto starters only got one, it's just too unfair.
So I HOPE they don't give Blaziken another evo.
But I have a feeling they will for some reason....

That's the power of popularity for you. I agree though, one Mega 'Ken is plenty for me.

Another prediction that I don't actually want to happen: No rematches for gym leaders/E4.

Back
Top Bottom