• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Here are some Pokémon I would like to see Mega Evolution's for, based on the Pokémon who were in the Hoenn Pokédex, in the past...

Ruby/Sapphire New Numbers

1) Mega Sceptile
2) Mega Swampert
3) Mega Slaking
4) Mega Hariyama
5) Mega Golem
6) Mega Crobat
7) Mega Sableye
8) Mega Machamp
9) Mega Electrode
10) Mega Volbeat - Bug/Fairy type or Bug/Electric type
11) Mega Illumise - Bug/Fairy type or Bug/Electric type
12) Mega Swalot
13) Mega Sharpedo
14) Mega Camerupt
15) Mega Magcargo
16) Mega Skarmory
17) Mega Flygon
18) Mega Cacturne
19) Mega Zangoose - Normal/Fighting type
20) Mega Seviper - Poison/Steel type
21) Mega Lunatone
22) Mega Solrock
23) Mega Claydol
24) Mega Whiscash
25) Mega Milotic - Water/Fairy type
26) Mega Starmie
27) Mega Tropius
28) Mega Chimecho
29) Mega Ninetales - Fire/Ghost type
30) Mega Raichu
31) Mega Golduck - Water/Psychic type
32) Mega Wobbuffet
33) Mega Xatu
34) Mega Glalie - Ice/Fairy type
35) Mega Walrein
36) Mega Corsola
37) Mega Luvdisc
38) Mega Lanturn
39) Mega Kingdra
40) Mega Salamence
41) Mega Metagross
42) Mega Kyogre
43) Mega Groudon
44) Mega Rayquaza

I know that this many Mega Evolution's are likely impossible but it would still be nice.

Groudon and Kyogre look badass and... idk, different on the box art. I bet they get megas. The other Hoenn starters as well.

And mega Lati@s is going to show up. We all know it.

What I wonder now is whether Rayquaza will get a Mega?

I actually expected Volbeat and Illumise to be retyped to Bug/Fairy and were really dissapointed that it didn't happen, so I agree that a Bug/Fairy Mega Evolution for those two could be very nice.

I just really want a Mega Evolution for Sceptile, as he is my all time favorite starter. It could be quite interesting if they made him Grass/Dragon, as the type combination doesn't yet exist and since he can use Dragon Pulse, he would gain a second STAB.

I also have a weakness for Shiftry. He is so cool looking, but his main problem is just that his stats aren't quite good enough to fully utilize his potential. A Mega Evolution for him with a boosted attack and special attack stat could there fore help him a lot as his movepool already is quite good. Maybe Adaptability would be proper for him too? :)

I still can't tell if box art Groudon and Kyogre are supposed to be megas or not, Groudon looks the same, but with glowy lines, instead of black, while Kyogre has almost completely different paterns on its skin.

Anyway, I want a mega for Slaking, just give him a different ability, no stat boost needed.

Also, I'd want some megas for non-Gen III pokémon too.

I just really want a Mega Evolution for Sceptile, as he is my all time favorite starter. It could be quite interesting if they made him Grass/Dragon, as the type combination doesn't yet exist and since he can use Dragon Pulse, he would gain a second STAB.

And plus it's dragon egg group, I have the feeling that's gonna happen. They really need to release megas for sceptile and swampert.

I'd like to see megas in pokés who actually need 'em.. No metagross or other strong one.

I would really like Ninjask to get a Mega Evo. Shore up those defenses a bit and he could be kind of good!

I need Spinda to get a MEGA I just love that little guy. Sceptile & Swampert are a dead lock I believe.

I do not think the Mega's will be only from Hoen it there are plenty pokes who need to Mega it up.

Given how different Groudon and Kyogre look on the cover art, I suspect them to be Mega Groudon and Kyogre, which would definitely confirm that new Mega Evolutions are likely. Of course I hope for Mega Sceptile and Swampert since it would be unfair that only Blaziken has one. A lot of Hoenn Pokemon seem to have Megas already, so maybe some Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon will get some Megas this time, or a few additional Hoenn Pokemon.

Imagine if they gave Wobbuffet a Mega Evolution! It's Mega Stone only being accessible on Mirage Island during 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM :p

I'd imagine that being a real pain in the ass xD

Here's my predictions:

Mega Sceptile
Mega Blaziken Alpha/Omega (a second Mega Blaziken to go along with the event one. Not sure which one would be Alpha and which one would be Omega)
Mega Swampert
Mega Gallade
Mega Sableye
Mega Roserade
Mega Sharpedo
Mega Camerupt
Mega Zangoose
Mega Seviper
Mega Crawdaunt
Mega Milotic
Mega Tropius
Mega Salamence
Mega Metagross
Mega Groudon
Mega Kyogre
Mega Rayquaza

Mega Slaking with Huge Power. Given that Kangaskhan got a Mega I'm sure Slaking will too.

Base Stats:

HP: 150

Attack: 200

Defense: 125

SP. Atk: 95

Sp. Def: 95

Speed: 105

BST: 770

No. Just. No. That would be way too broken.

Mega Slaking with Huge Power. Given that Kangaskhan got a Mega I'm sure Slaking will too.

Base Stats:

No. Just. No. That would be way too broken.

Not for Game Freak. They gave the incredibly powerful Lati twins Mega Evolutions.

Base Stats:

The point of Truant is to hinder Slaking because it has 670 BST, this would defeat that entire point. Also 200 base Attack with Huge Power? Are you crazy? Mega Mawile has sky high attack with just 105 base Attack, this would be just outright broken.

Edit: Mega Lati@s still retain Levitate in Mega Forme, sure they have high BST but they are not broken, this Mega Evo for Slaking is outright broken.

MEGA DUNSPARCE. please.
Also swampert, sceptile, and blaziken( it will get another one..).
And to go with every one else metagross would be amazing and flygon.
Outside purely hoenn pokemons im holding hope for Gallade.

Slaking losing Truant alone would pretty much be enough for a mega evolution.

Base Stats:

The point of Truant is to hinder Slaking because it has 670 BST, this would defeat that entire point. Also 200 base Attack with Huge Power? Are you crazy? Mega Mawile has sky high attack with just 105 base Attack, this would be just outright broken.

Edit: Mega Lati@s still retain Levitate in Mega Forme, sure they have high BST but they are not broken, this Mega Evo for Slaking is outright broken.

I'm actually joking. That said though I wouldn't put it above Game Freak to do something like that.

Base Stats:

I'm actually joking. That said though I wouldn't put it above Game Freak to do something like that.
I know i'm saying it's broken and GF wouldn't do it but, i don't know, i would not be suprised if they did this or something extremely similar, sometimes they create stuff and disregard the impact that thing will have on the metagame.

MEGA DUNSPARCE.

What my dude Dunsparce needs is a real full fledged evolution. Same with Sableye, but I'm thinking he'll get a Mega Evolution like his counterpart Mawile.

What my dude Dunsparce needs is a real full fledged evolution. Same with Sableye, but I'm thinking he'll get a Mega Evolution like his counterpart Mawile.
GF fucked themselves over with the eviolite. A lot of pokemon would get a huge boost from a new evolution from the fact that they'd then be able to use the Eviolite. Sableye is a perfect example. The thing can already wreck teams, a huge boost to its defenses would be dumb, which is why the thing probably will never get a true evolution.

Mawile didn't get an evolution, so Dunsparce, Sableye and similar Pokémon shouldn't either.

Back
Top Bottom