• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Season 11 begins at April... with new opening

Well after the abomination that was the Season 10 opening, it seems like PUSA learned their lesson and will actually put some effort into the next theme song.

Its strange because I actually liked PUSA's Battle Frontier opening, it was fairly similar to 4kids openings and fit the same feel as them...then comes the D/P rap with crap lyrics such as "Fight for survival" while showing Dawn in a pretty red Contest dress. :rolleyes:

The lyrics didn't fit the opening at all. If we're "fighting for survival" at least show a montage of Pokehunter J or Team Galactic or something, not Dawn in a dress smiling at the camera while clovers/hearts come out of her Pokeballs.

I Agree, I hope they use 'we will be heroes' from the Rise Of Darkrai,or just put alot of work and effort into something new

DP's lyrics sounds like they were thought up in a matter of seconds

I think I'm the only one ever who actually liked the DP opening. And I absolutely loathed the Advanced Battle opening - so dull and annoying ;[

Nah, I liked it too. I never really thought of it as a "rap" either. Seems more rockish if ya ask me. I did think it was one of the more original sounding song since the first Johto theme song though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what happens this season. Hopefully there are alot of fun episodes to watch.

EDIT: A member by the name of Master Moltar from Toon Zone said the new name for the 11th season will be Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Battle Dimension.

What's with the lack of information on this? With the premiere allegedly a week away or at least sometime within this month, you'd think there would be more. I don't watch CN, so are there any commercials or anything?

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension... pretty wordy. Not that it really matters, but it's much more of a mouthful than usual. XD

Wow...Battle Dimension, sounds a little long but that's okay. At least it's different.

Anyway, I wonder what are they going to do with the opening since Japan hasn't had a new opening. I suppose they're going to use more anime scenes and I guess the new snapshots with Dawn and her pokemon, Brock and his pokemon, and maybe a new Ash vs. Paul shot.

If that's true, looks like they're going to base the names on Palkia, then Dialga. So the third series'll probably be something like Battle Time or something.

Anyway, I wonder what are they going to do with the opening since Japan hasn't had a new opening. I suppose they're going to use more anime scenes and I guess the new snapshots with Dawn and her pokemon, Brock and his pokemon, and maybe a new Ash vs. Paul shot.

The Japanese version most likely will have a new opening until episode 100 and they'll get the opening with episodes
There's no problem in using scenes from the new opening before it airs in Japan
Tomorrow I think TV Tokyo's site will have the information about episode 75 ... but I doubt it'll have a new opening since they just updated it
Maybe after the May episodes

If that's true, looks like they're going to base the names on Palkia, then Dialga. So the third series'll probably be something like Battle Time or something.

Time + Space = Dimension

Well, one more season is behind us. Pokemon DP Battle Dimension, here I come.

I hope they don't use "We will be Heroes" now. What does Battle Dimension have to do with being a hero?

Is Toon Zone reliable? I think we got fake titles from them before.

The people there told me he's pretty reliable when I asked for a source, so I'd trust it.

Just a thought, but I think the Season 11 premiere might get delayed. The initial date of April 12th came from cabletvtalk. And if you look at both the CartoonNetwork site and tvguide.com, you'll see that Pokemon is listed for next Saturday at 9:30 AM. But no episode title is listed. That leaves me with the impression that CN had tentatively planned on starting the new season on that day, but may not have received the mateerials yet. So they cannot list the new episode title(s) on their site as of yet.

I seem to like Battle Dimesion. It's certainly one of the better titles we've had.

I think the title is dumb. There isn't any dimension they go to outside of the 11th movie, it just doesn't make any sense. But then, this is Pokemon we're talking about.

Diamond and Pearl's mascot Pokémon are Dialga and Palkia
One rule time and the other rule space
Time and Space together are dimension
So no it's not stupid at all... if they had to find something to add to the "Diamond and Pearl" than I can't think of anything better than that... can you?

I get that, but this season has absolutely nothing to do with another dimension outside of the 11th movie. That's why I think it's a dumb title.

I'd go with something like Battle Strategies or Battle Challenges since those fit what happens this season.

"Battle Strategies" really doesn't work well as a title
Since when these titles mean anything? "Johto League Champions"... what champions did you see at the time that was the opening (yes- opening- not season since openings=/=seasons) and what "Advanced Challenge" meant? did Ash and May stop doing the normal Gyms/Contests and found higher level thing to do? no... same for "Advanced Battle"... these titles didn't mean anything

Johto League Champions featured neither the Johto League nor any Champions.

edit: ohsnap, beaten to the punch.

I get that, but this season has absolutely nothing to do with another dimension outside of the 11th movie. That's why I think it's a dumb title.

I'd go with something like Battle Strategies or Battle Challenges since those fit what happens this season.

Season 11 is most likely 52 episodes, and that goes well beyond what the Japanese titles are up to at the moment. For all we know we could very well see more Galactic episodes and even Palkia/Dialga in Japan by the end of the year or early next year, and I think that would still fall in Season 11's timeframe.

It took Galactic forever to finally appear in the anime, I remember when we thought they wouldn't appear at all, but once they did they actually got a few appearances close together.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom