• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

I actually hope we dont get to customize i know this is a 6th gen remake and all nostolgia but i miss being forced to stay as default.

I dont see why the option to customize shouldnt be included for those that want it. They can just make it so you can use the default characters and not use any customization options. You can do that in X/Y as well.

I will be disappointed if Customisation did not make a return. It was a feature I have wanted most of all for a very long time, and now that we have it, it would be a shame for Gamefreak to discontinue it so quickly. I agree that hats should only be an option, not a necessity. I have never been much of a hat person.

I hope we see more customisation options in these newly announced games. More hair styles, more hair and eye colours, and definitely more clothing options.

I was thinking, will they redesign Norman to fit with whatever appearance we choose for the player character? I fear the feature might not return because of Norman.

That's assuming we aren't given new characters to play with. I think it would be that, rather than Brendan and May again imo (thus no need to worry about matching skin colors).

I think character customization should definitely return, and be improved (more outfits for guys, especially). But the original Brendan/May outfits would be fine as defaults until you decide to change. And please...I wanna take off my damn hat.

Can we please have the option of taking off the hat?

Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

If these happen

iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif

I liked the character customization feature in X/Y a lot more than I thought that I would, so I'd be happy if they kept them in OR/AS. I played as the male trainer in Y and I agree that the male trainers really need more choices. A few more colors and outfits for both male and female trainers would be nice. I'd actually be fine if we still had to wear the hats. Just have a few more better designs and colors for hats and I'd be fine with that.

More male clothing, visually for contests/costume, custom colors rather than preset (color wheel/grid), DLC for other character outfits, NO HATS, custom hair colors and more hair styles/realistic hair styles (for male character)

Idea: Manual customization

So, right now, we have the ordinary customization, which is basically like you get to choose your clothing and hairstyle and stuff. But in this customization, you'd basically be able to "draw" on your clothes. And then there could be like stamps for Pokemon and other stuff that you could "stamp" onto your clothes. And then maybe you could post pictures from real life OR from in-game onto them as well. And there could be like different "brushes" for drawing, that look different. And you could choose different colours to draw in.
And maybe you could make your own hair style as well. You just draw it and then colour it in. And then maybe you could draw tattoos on your body as well...

I DO like how they did customization so far, and I doubt the above will actually happen in the new games (though I think the stamp idea might happen), but what do you guys think about this?

I want to see customisation stay for good, so naturally that should apply to these games. Though I think it'd be good if we could choose some additional details like our eyes (don't try to think of an in-game way to explain it). I'd also like to see more male options, and maybe some cross-cultural stuff like the male counterpart to a Kimono or something.

Also, more importantly, I thought of something.

This is the first time that we've had remakes since the Poke Mart and Poke Centres were combined into a single roof. So, if we keep that, would it theoretically mean that the buildings the Poke Marts used to be in might be replaced with boutiques? That'd be awesome.
Also, I hope they make special clothing you can win by completing contests.

I actually hope we dont get to customize i know this is a 6th gen remake and all nostolgia but i miss being forced to stay as default.

I dont see why the option to customize shouldnt be included for those that want it. They can just make it so you can use the default characters and not use any customization options. You can do that in X/Y as well.
I realise that i just think a forced no customization option should be set al least fro those who want it.

I do feel like character customization is pretty much a necessity from X/Y forward, and remakes most certainly shouldn't be any kind of exception.

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

This. And/or make all clothing available for both genders. If I want to save Hoenn in a frilly, pink dress, I should have the option

I had an interesting idea. It's almost a given that Brendan and May will get a redesign and new outfits. However, a nice touch would be the capability of getting the classic Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald outfits. Maybe Ruby/Sapphire outfits after beating the Champion, and the Emerald outfits after getting your first Silver Symbol in the Frontier or after catching Rayquaza.

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

This. And/or make all clothing available for both genders. If I want to save Hoenn in a frilly, pink dress, I should have the option

Sorry, but I sincerely doubt the second will happen.

However, I do have to say that it did bother me in X/Y. I'm a bit on the strange side here... I actually didn't think too highly of most of the female outfits, and actually liked a lot of the men's ones... This is strange for me, because I do not care for men's fashions IRL (yet love women's fashion), but in X/Y? I don't know what's wrong with me! >.<

Either way, being told I could look but not buy just kind of rubbed me in the wrong way... Like, it's my money, I can buy whatever clothes I want! >.>

But, at the very least, I hope they add some better women's outfits in this game. and hairstyles. OMG. Please. There were certainly not enough of those. Not a single one of the hairstyles even remotely clicked with me. Much like the clothes. The unlocked hairstyle and the 'expensive' clothes all screamed Japanese anime girl to me, and that style does not appeal to me at all. I most certainly do not want to look like Hatsune Miku. EW!

I understand that it's a Japanese game and all, but I really hope they go for more variety this time.

needs way more customizations,

My number 1 request
TEAM outfits!! Team Rocket uniform white and black, Team Aqua/Magma, ETC.

This is the first time that we've had remakes since the Poke Mart and Poke Centres were combined into a single roof. So, if we keep that, would it theoretically mean that the buildings the Poke Marts used to be in might be replaced with boutiques? That'd be awesome.

Some of them, maybe, but I doubt all of them would be converted to boutiques. Just seems weird in my opinion for Kalos to have less boutiques than any other region considering it's supposed to be a fashion capital of the world. Though I guess they could just be significantly small compared to the ones in Kalos... ? Regardless, that seems like the most likely change for them, I like this idea a lot!

Sorry, but I sincerely doubt the second will happen.

However, I do have to say that it did bother me in X/Y. I'm a bit on the strange side here... I actually didn't think too highly of most of the female outfits, and actually liked a lot of the men's ones... This is strange for me, because I do not care for men's fashions IRL (yet love women's fashion), but in X/Y? I don't know what's wrong with me! >.<

Either way, being told I could look but not buy just kind of rubbed me in the wrong way... Like, it's my money, I can buy whatever clothes I want! >.>

But, at the very least, I hope they add some better women's outfits in this game. and hairstyles. OMG. Please. There were certainly not enough of those. Not a single one of the hairstyles even remotely clicked with me. Much like the clothes. The unlocked hairstyle and the 'expensive' clothes all screamed Japanese anime girl to me, and that style does not appeal to me at all. I most certainly do not want to look like Hatsune Miku. EW!

I understand that it's a Japanese game and all, but I really hope they go for more variety this time.

Oh, I certainly don't have any expectations, but it's just nicer to at least have that freedom, even if you don't really care.

and yeah, though some of the female options were a bit more... bleh, on the other hand, there were more options and the male ones were almost all kinda bland

as for very specific items I'd like, stuff inspired by Gym Leader outfits would be cool, the Magma Hoodie (I mean, srsly, it's awesome) and plenty of shorts and shirts (I mean, Hoenn is tropical)

I'd love it if they included costumization in every game from now on. I'm fine with the hats but I wish there would be more or better options for them (there's no way 1/3 of the world wears fedoras) and I wish they'd replace the strappy bag with a backpack or at least allow us to have a backpack option. There's just no way you can take a small laptop bag or in the case of female characters, a small purse, and still fit into it all the items in your inventory (I know that 99 pokéballs would also be hard to fit into a backpack, but that purse looks really small). I'd also love it if they had more colour options.

I'd love it if they incorporated it into the contests, too.

More colours for hair, skin, and eyes (especially hair) and haircuts would also be great.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom