• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

I'd love for customisation to remain, but I think assuming that it not being in the remakes means it's not being carried forward with other new games would be a bit drastic. Given that they're remakes, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't change as much as to include customisation/amie/things like that. It all depends how heavily they're updating it - if it's just a visually updated 3D port of sorts, or if the whole gameplaying infrastructure is being overhauled and given all the new bells and whistles we had in XY. At the moment I can't say I massively mind either way since my biggest reason for wanting remakes was an update on the visuals for such a beautiful region, so I'm not going to let myself expect anything more than that.

Bottom line for me would be that if I see that they're including other new features we've had, I would be very disappointed and surprised if customisation wasn't there too. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too upset or shocked if we were left without it - there's still plenty that we've actually not been able to have in newer games, like contests and bases, and if they at least keep those it's still something different from what other recent games have offered.

Well if they don't include customisation what will we do with the Poke Mart spaces?

Well if they don't include customisation what will we do with the Poke Mart spaces?

Nothing. Just leave empty spaces there that will serve as the graves for PokeMarts.

"Here lies the forgotten PokeMart. May it rest in peace."

I'd hope they would keep customization. But then again, these are remakes, so the games are about revisiting the past. Who knows? And male characters should definitely get more options, and please, just let us take off the gosh dern hat. And let me have blue hair already.

I'd hope they would keep customization. But then again, these are remakes, so the games are about revisiting the past. Who knows? And male characters should definitely get more options, and please, just let us take off the gosh dern hat. And let me have blue hair already.

I can't recall the source, but I believe it was said that you cannot remove the hat because it distinguishes us from the NPCs.

I can't recall the source, but I believe it was said that you cannot remove the hat because it distinguishes us from the NPCs.

Oh. Well there goes my hopes, dreams, and aspirations XD. I still don't understand how that makes any sense though.

So I will contribute to the thread, they should add trench coats. Those would be awesome. And have glasses you can put on your face, and like I kinda said before, more hair color options. Ugh, I hope they keep character customization! And on second thought, pull down the price a little bit.

Oh. Well there goes my hopes, dreams, and aspirations XD. I still don't understand how that makes any sense though.

I'm totally with you. I don't even like wearing hats, in-game or IRL.

I dunno if I'd be okay with it. The pre-gen 6 games were less personal and each PC had their own distinct look, and not having it while playing as brendan would be annoying as hell. I guess I'll get over it like I did with XY. If they do go for it, I expect custom gloves along with the XY selection, and I would prefer if may only gets bandanna's or something similar.

But...But... Some NPCs also wear hats....?
And I mean, seriously, WHY would they need some special way to distinguish the player from them? Anyone who's playing can tell WHO they're controlling, right?
I don't get it....

And I mean, seriously, WHY would they need some special way to distinguish the player from them? Anyone who's playing can tell WHO they're controlling, right?
I don't get it....

Indeed, that does not sound like a real reason. It just sounds like an excuse. lol

The hat thing is tradition in Pokémon games. Every single player character in the series has worn a hat or something else on their heads (May used a bandanna). Caps and hats are most common. Even Brendan's white tuft on his head was confirmed by the character designer to be a knit hat. Even if it was hair, he would be actually wearing a headband too.

So yeah, that is why. May be dumb, but it's a tradition and the one thing that bounds every player character together.

I'm betting May will probably get replaced by Lyra 2.0. So I could see customization remaining actually.

I'm betting May will probably get replaced by Lyra 2.0.

And why in the world do you think that?

Why are we led to presume that it's the female character that is disposable?

There is no reason to assume that's the case this time. May is a recognizable character even outside of the games. There is no way they'd cut her.

=
There is no reason to assume that's the case this time. May is a recognizable character even outside of the games. There is no way they'd cut her.
Nothing is absolute, I'm a huge anime fanatic but May has been gone for a decade now. Sapphire Burch from PokeSpe hasn't been in the series in nearly as long time outside of a cameo as well.

I agree with @Bubble Frog; They might replace May for another new girl, for the same reason they are always switching the girls in the anime adaptation, which is also the same reason the camera often pans in the said girls' legs, chests, etc. The famous (and fucked up) "eye-candy" factor. Hopefully I am wrong and May will stay, but lets be honest here, there was no reason whatsoever to remove Kris in HGSS, yet they replaced her for Mario. I mean, Lyra.

I agree with @Bubble Frog; They might replace May for another new girl, for the same reason they are always switching the girls in the anime adaptation, which is also the same reason the camera often pans in the said girls' legs, chests, etc. The famous (and fucked up) "eye-candy" factor. Hopefully I am wrong and May will stay, but lets be honest here, there was no reason whatsoever to remove Kris in HGSS, yet they replaced her for Mario. I mean, Lyra.
Maybe GF loves designing new girls. for pedophiles and lolicons

I don't get it....

I wish I could tell you what my source is, but I can't find it.

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

I would much prefer being able to dress in the original Gen. 3 RSE outfits and get the outfits of the past player characters from Gen.1Red/Leaf to Serena/Calem

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

I would much prefer being able to dress in the original Gen. 3 RSE outfits and get the outfits of the past player characters from Gen.1Red/Leaf to Serena/Calem

And being able to dress as the Gym leaders/Pokemon league from each game, AND as all the different trainer classes from all games.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom