• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character customizations?

Considering they use the customized characters for identification online, I don't see how they could remove it without having to rewrite some infrastructure. It would probably be more work to remove it than not.

Considering they use the customized characters for identification online, I don't see how they could remove it without having to rewrite some infrastructure. It would probably be more work to remove it than not.

If that be the case then more hats choices so players aren't loathing their [only] choice throughout the game.

^ Masuda defending perma-hat is apparently from Game Informer. Key quote: "It's a way to symbolize the player's character. You can tell at a glance who it is because of the hat." Only real chance of removing the hat is Masuda or someone getting sick of being asked about it.

I'd obviously like more options, including hatlessness. I don't know whether it's because I've been spoilt by very detailed create-a-wrestler modes in wrestling games or because I'm justified in thinking a game ultimately indebted to pen and paper RPGs needs a customisable character. It does well as a money sink too since I'm always hitting the money limit, personally. Main wishes are for formal wear, non-Western attire (I suspect furisode will be a fan favourite after XY), and some sort of logo design system.

I expect customisation to be slightly improved - since HGSS were apparently created from Platinum and FRLG from RS, it'd take conscious effort to remove XY's customisation if ORAS are made from XY (which is a problematic assumption considering Game Freak presumably has separate development teams). I'm assuming Masuda's comments about France and fashion aren't meant to be taken to mean that only Kalos games will have customisation.

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

I would much prefer being able to dress in the original Gen. 3 RSE outfits and get the outfits of the past player characters from Gen.1Red/Leaf to Serena/Calem

And being able to dress as the Gym leaders/Pokemon league from each game, AND as all the different trainer classes from all games.

That's kind of reaching, no way they'd be able to fit so many outfits into the games. That's like well over 300 different outfits and then taking into account the actual in-game clothing options...

And being able to dress as the Gym leaders/Pokemon league from each game, AND as all the different trainer classes from all games.

That's kind of reaching, no way they'd be able to fit so many outfits into the games. That's like well over 300 different outfits and then taking into account the actual in-game clothing options...

Let a man dream!

Can the males have more clothing options, please? Also, DLC costumes would be cool (things like Team Magma/Aqua uniforms and such).

I would much prefer being able to dress in the original Gen. 3 RSE outfits and get the outfits of the past player characters from Gen.1Red/Leaf to Serena/Calem

Eh, I think they could fit quite a few. In fact, probably dozens and dozens more. I don't quite remember what the size of a 3DS cartridge is, but I know it's pretty big and even XY didn't get too close to full at all iirc.

Idea: Manual customization

So, right now, we have the ordinary customization, which is basically like you get to choose your clothing and hairstyle and stuff. But in this customization, you'd basically be able to "draw" on your clothes. And then there could be like stamps for Pokemon and other stuff that you could "stamp" onto your clothes. And then maybe you could post pictures from real life OR from in-game onto them as well. And there could be like different "brushes" for drawing, that look different. And you could choose different colours to draw in.
And maybe you could make your own hair style as well. You just draw it and then colour it in. And then maybe you could draw tattoos on your body as well...
No. Do you have any idea what would happen if this were included? If you could draw on your clothes for others to see online? Think Rule 34. Game Freak would get sued up the wazoo for allowing inappropriate content to appear on an E rated game for children.
And/or make all clothing available for both genders. If I want to save Hoenn in a frilly, pink dress, I should have the option
Oh my gosh, this SO MUCH. When the boutique people in XY told you that you can't buy girl's clothes as a guy, I was so annoyed. RL doesn't act like that. Why should the Pokémon world? Um, excuse me, I want to go skating around in a Slurpuff dress with Hatsune Miku pigtails. Who cares if I'm a guy? I swear, if they let me wear the other gender's clothes, I will be so happy.

Masuda defending compulsory hats is so stupid. There is nothing to defend! NPCs wear hats, and the characters look better without hats any way! I demand hatlessness!

Well, I can live with the RSE Bandanna, but they'd better give me some style and colour choices. I want to go through my journey in a green RSE-style outfit.

Customization is not going to be removed, it's necessary in order for players to be distinguishable online. I also share the sentiment that there needs to be more options, especially for the males.

Anyway, I asked this before the announcement, but I'll ask this again, where would the boutiques be? Unless there's a ton more customization options, they're probably just going to limit it to a few cities again. I'm thinking:

-Rustboro City
-Slateport City
-Verdanturf Town/Lavaridge Town
-Fortree City
-Lilycove City
-Sootopolis City
-Maybe Evergrande City if it becomes an actual city?

Boutiques could also conveniently help replace some of the old Poke Mart building which are obsolete now that Poke Marts have moved into the Pokemon Centers.

No. Do you have any idea what would happen if this were included? If you could draw on your clothes for others to see online? Think Rule 34. Game Freak would get sued up the wazoo for allowing inappropriate content to appear on an E rated game for children.
Ahh, yes, I didn't think about that. Well, maybe manual customization is simply disabled when you go online?

Animal Crossing: New Leaf says hi--not sure why it wouldn't be possible in a Pokémon game. Though I just don't see this option being available in general.

Anyway, I asked this before the announcement, but I'll ask this again, where would the boutiques be? Unless there's a ton more customization options, they're probably just going to limit it to a few cities again. I'm thinking:

-Rustboro City
-Slateport City
-Verdanturf Town/Lavaridge Town
-Fortree City
-Lilycove City
-Sootopolis City
-Maybe Evergrande City if it becomes an actual city?

Boutiques could also conveniently help replace some of the old Poke Mart building which are obsolete now that Poke Marts have moved into the Pokemon Centers.

I can also see Fallarbor Town on that list if they decide to replace the old Contest/Battle Tent buildings with boutiques. Though I don't really see any town getting a boutique, but it's possible.

As I hope for character customisation to make a return, as these are japanese games, I also hope for crazy yet awesome anime hair styles and colours. I want white hair and purple eyes. Or purple hair and purple eyes. Just give me purple eyes atleast.

A nice blazer jacket will also be kind.

Someone mentioned curly hairstyles, which is one of the top five implements I want to see in this or future games.

I honestly can't see why they wouldn't add the ability to customize your character in ORAS, it would be a colossal step back.
As for making your own clothes it is true about Animal Crossing New Leaf as they have the option to report a player for inappropriate clothing/paintings in their house.
Also I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen people have inappropriate names (Battled someone called Bin Ladin and another I shan't say here) along with people avoiding the language filter in shout-outs for racist remarks and other swearing. And of course there is no possible way to report them for it...

Someone mentioned curly hairstyles, which is one of the top five implements I want to see in this or future games.

Curly hair would be awesome! Especially for people who want to make their trainer look like them.

What I'm hoping for, should customization make a return, is an increased range of options for guys and girls. The clothes for male trainers are usually on the darker end of the spectrum, with some exceptions, while the girls' are the inverse. I was disappointed when I couldn't find a black t-shirt in any shop, especially since the guys get the option of having a pink v-neck. Male hairstyles are hilariously limited, and they're all shoulder-length or shorter. I think more freedom when it comes to selections would be a great addition, especially when ACNL not only allows custom clothing, but opposite-sex clothing and hair as well.

I just want more hair styles, colors and accessories. The females had a ton more options than the males which makes me kinda sad, so I hope to see more options for males PCs. I like some of the clothing for the guys as well and may play as the male in one version. I think that was kinda unfair to the guys interested in the feature so it could use some improvement.

Seems weird if they didn't, they've made such a huge deal about the PSS. Ontop of that the global link uses our player avatars as well to represent us. I think we're moving away from the age of being stuck with only two options, male or female.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom