• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I'm going to agree with those who hope for something new, but not an expanded Battle Frontier. I want something with normal gameplay, much like Sevii Islands. However, I wouldn't be too likely to be impressed if it was just the same Sevii Islands again. I want new areas to explore.

Yeah, an expanded Sevii Islands would make sense. As mentioned in this thread, its ties to Hoenn are more numerous then to Kanto, and I always felt that their inclusion in FRLG was to make a bridge between the two regions. The one thing I really want, although some may not agree, is to place each facility on one Island add free roaming between the islands, and make it an open ended gym quest lite. No major E4 thing afterwards, just a good post game that has post-league story events intertwined and maybe some hints to Kalos/Unova way before BW/BW2-XY.

The one thing I really want, although some may not agree, is to place each facility on one Island add free roaming between the islands, and make it an open ended gym quest lite. No major E4 thing afterwards, just a good post game that has post-league story events intertwined and maybe some hints to Kalos/Unova way before BW/BW2-XY.
Maybe Battle Tents. The Frontier facilities aren't supposed to be part of the story mode since the levels are scaled down and the trainers can use legendaries. That, and the AI is different and the chance-based effects seem to favor the CPU.

They could tie the Silver Symbols to the Battle Tents and keep the Gold Symbols for the Hoenn Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
If worse means less competent. Aqua and Magma were doing what they did in an attempt to help people. They didn't actually think their actions had any negative repercussions (hence less competent) compared to other teams who were supposedly doing things for the "greater good" (e.g., Galactic, Flare) who knew the full consequences of their action (mass destruction of life)

I don't recall their intentions precisely, however, I thought they were only doing it to help specific Pokemon? I don't recall them mentioning anything about helping people, however I haven't played the game in so long, my memory probably fails me.

I wouldn't be opposed to the sevii islands making a return, however I would prefer to see a brand new set of islands located in or near Hoenn rather than revisiting a previously available location.

Maxie said:
"You again... Now listen. We humans have grown on dry land. The land is everything! Its importance is paramount! That is why we of Team Magma are committed to expanding the landmass. It will create space for new species of Pokémon to evolve. It will give us humans more space to advance. That is Team Magma's vision! I can't allow an ignorant child like you to get in our way. I, Maxie, will show you the consequences of meddling!"

Archie said:
"You again... Now listen. All life depends on the sea. The sea is everything! Its importance is paramount! That is why we of Team Aqua are committed to expanding the sea. Doing so will result in the emergence of new Pokémon species. We will return the world back to nature for the good of Pokémon. That is Team Aqua's vision! I can't allow an ignorant child like you to get in our way. I, Archie, will show you the consequences of meddling!"

In retrospect, they kind of sound like the nature vs technology debate people were saying were major themes in Gen V considering Archie wants to "bring the world back to nature" while Maxie wants to give "humans more space to advance". Both, however, believe their actions would lead to the evolution of new species. I mean, it would given the major geographical changes they're making, but it'll also cause mass extinctions so.....

The one thing I really want, although some may not agree, is to place each facility on one Island add free roaming between the islands, and make it an open ended gym quest lite. No major E4 thing afterwards, just a good post game that has post-league story events intertwined and maybe some hints to Kalos/Unova way before BW/BW2-XY.
Maybe Battle Tents. The Frontier facilities aren't supposed to be part of the story mode since the levels are scaled down and the trainers can use legendaries.

They could tie the Silver Symbols to the Battle Tents and keep the Gold Symbols for the Hoenn Battle Frontier.
That would be even better to be honest. Silver Symbol prelims with each Tent matching the facility's puzzle/theme, and the Battle Tent Brain's defeat would allow you into the corresponding Facility. Locking out the frontier with a battle tent might sound ridiculous, but it could fill in some game time like I said, and it would give motivation.

If worse means less competent. Aqua and Magma were doing what they did in an attempt to help people. They didn't actually think their actions had any negative repercussions (hence less competent) compared to other teams who were supposedly doing things for the "greater good" (e.g., Galactic, Flare) who knew the full consequences of their action (mass destruction of life)

I don't recall their intentions precisely, however, I thought they were only doing it to help specific Pokemon? I don't recall them mentioning anything about helping people, however I haven't played the game in so long, my memory probably fails me.

I wouldn't be opposed to the sevii islands making a return, however I would prefer to see a brand new set of islands located in or near Hoenn rather than revisiting a previously available location.

Maxie said:
"You again... Now listen. We humans have grown on dry land. The land is everything! Its importance is paramount! That is why we of Team Magma are committed to expanding the landmass. It will create space for new species of Pokémon to evolve. It will give us humans more space to advance. That is Team Magma's vision! I can't allow an ignorant child like you to get in our way. I, Maxie, will show you the consequences of meddling!"

Archie said:
"You again... Now listen. All life depends on the sea. The sea is everything! Its importance is paramount! That is why we of Team Aqua are committed to expanding the sea. Doing so will result in the emergence of new Pokémon species. We will return the world back to nature for the good of Pokémon. That is Team Aqua's vision! I can't allow an ignorant child like you to get in our way. I, Archie, will show you the consequences of meddling!"

In retrospect, they kind of sound like the nature vs technology debate people were saying were major themes in Gen V considering Archie wants to "bring the world back to nature" while Maxie wants to give "humans more space to advance". Both, however, believe their actions would lead to the evolution of new species. I mean, it would given the major geographical changes they're making, but it'll also cause mass extinctions so.....

I liked Team Aqua and Magma for their twisted way of believing what they were doing was a good thing. It was refreshing to have a villain team who weren't actually villains, and who realised what they were doing was wrong in the end. I enjoyed their goals because despite their self viewed 'good intentions', what they were planning on doing would have caused a great devastation across all of Hoenn, and even across the whole Pokemon world if it escalated to that level, so they were still a huge threat.

HeartGold and SoulSilver had stuff from Crystal. What if Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire had elements from FireRed and LeafGreen?
That makes no sense what you just said. Those two examples are completely different. HeartGold, SoulSilver and Crystal all took place in Johto/Kanto. Why would a Hoenn remake incorporate features from the Kanto remake? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to feature stuff from Emerald instead?

Team Rocket and Red in the Sevii Islands? That would be really awesome :D. Perhaps during the Mew event, you meet Red on the hunt for the last Kanto pokemon, Mew, and you have to battle him before you can catch Mew. Or perhaps there's a second Mew on the island as well, and Red catches the other one. His team would be:

Gengar
Articuno
Lapras
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Charizard (Mega Charizard X)

That makes no sense what you just said. Those two examples are completely different. HeartGold, SoulSilver and Crystal all took place in Johto/Kanto.
The examples aren't completely different. The Sevii Islands were introduced in the same generation as Hoenn - 10 years ago. The fact that they were linked to Kanto would only be a reason not bring them back if Game Freak were planning to remake FRLG, which I doubt is the case.

Wouldn't it make more sense for it to feature stuff from Emerald instead?
Emerald didn't introduce a post-game area. It just turned the Battle Tower into a Battle Frontier, but that is a completely different aspect than explorable areas.

Spypitoad said:
Sadly I do not hink that GF would put all those legends in the game.
They did put them in FRLG, which I'm sure came as a surprise to everyone. At least this time they wouldn't need to design them from scratch.

I'm going to agree with those who hope for something new, but not an expanded Battle Frontier. I want something with normal gameplay, much like Sevii Islands. However, I wouldn't be too likely to be impressed if it was just the same Sevii Islands again. I want new areas to explore.

This is what people mean when they say "expanded Battle Frontier", they mean something along the lines of the Battle Zone, where they had a Battle Frontier and then normal areas surrounding it. The unused islands nearby would fit that purpose perfectly.

The examples aren't completely different. The Sevii Islands were introduced in the same generation as Hoenn - 10 years ago. The fact that they were linked to Kanto would only be a reason not bring them back if Game Freak were planning to remake FRLG, which I doubt is the case.

Wouldn't it make more sense for it to feature stuff from Emerald instead?
Emerald didn't introduce a post-game area. It just turned the Battle Tower into a Battle Frontier, but that is a completely different aspect than explorable areas.

Spypitoad said:
Sadly I do not hink that GF would put all those legends in the game.
They did put them in FRLG, which I'm sure came as a surprise to everyone. At least this time they wouldn't need to design them from scratch.

People still loved the battle frontier. Maybe they can expand the battle frontier to make it as spread out as it was in the anime.

And navel rock must be included as a non event area where you can catch Ho-OH and lugia

Navel Rock makes me think of Gaea's Navel, which is an island in Chrono Cross. Ironically, Navel Rock is near Chrono Island. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit. :)

This is what people mean when they say "expanded Battle Frontier", they mean something along the lines of the Battle Zone, where they had a Battle Frontier and then normal areas surrounding it. The unused islands nearby would fit that purpose perfectly.
The Battle Zone island is bigger than the unused Hoenn islands combined, and yet it still offered far fewer areas than the Sevii Islands did.

Fairy Type Arceus said:
Maybe they can expand the battle frontier to make it as spread out as it was in the anime.
As I previously said, they could move the Battle Tents to the Sevii Islands - one tent per an island. The Frontier itself is better left untouched, but the Frontier Brains might also be challenged in the Battle Tents (for the Silver Symbols), which would give them a role in the post-game story.

Last edited:
Gengar
Articuno
Lapras
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Charizard (Mega Charizard X)

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can't just remove Red's signature fully evolved Kanto starters.
Its his Pokemon Origins team he uses against Mewtwo, but I suppose it could be edited to:

Pikachu
Blastoise
Venusaur
Articuno (Maybe a different legendary bird depending on your starter)
Mewtwo
Mega Charizard X

And if he catches a Mew before the battle, replace Articuno with Mew (First time an npc trainer has Mew and/or Mewtwo in their party?)

Also, if we go with a Red based off Origins, his 3 legendary birds and Mewtwo are in Ultra Balls, Mew could be in either a Master Ball or Ultra Ball.

Isn't the Sevii Islands exclusive to FR/LG? How could a cluster of landmasses suddenly disappear from one region to reappear in another?

I don't think Red catching Mewtwo is canon. Zekrom & Reshiram are the only one who were really catched.
I guess that if these islands are in ORAS, there will be some major changes, like Four Islands being an icy Islands

Also, it doesn't make an sense. The Sevii Island are just a little south from Kanto, but they're pretty far away from Hoenn.
Some of them are also pretty far from Kanto, so that argument is weak. They're meant to be accessed via ferries, so the distance is irrelevant. The islands aren't even close to each other, which is why they were divided into three groups.

Some may be far from Kanto, but all of them are far from Hoenn. Also, the distance is not irrelevant, they were linked to Kanto because the majority of the islands are close to Kanto. Why not give Hoenn access to a new island/set of small islands if you want an island chain so much? It gives a new place for players to explore without ties to any old areas.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom