• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

One problem with converting the Day-Care into a Friend Safari is that since Red visited so recently. Maybe, the Day-Care wouldn't accept customers of competitor services or you have two Day-Cares, meaning you can drop off four Pokémon and breed two pairs.

If they're in it shouldn't be based on getting a Frontier medal, that will limit the amount of people going, whether from not knowing or not being able to get a medal. (I only got two silver medals in Emerald, so I'd qualify I guess but eh).

How are the Orange Islands more appropriate for Kanto than the Sevii Islands are? Honestly, you sound a little sore about Game Freak not using anime-exclusive locations.

As to the Frontier, I imagine they are going to rework it like they did between Emerald and Platinum. We could use a good set of battle facilities that are more than just straight up battles of different fornats.
Both Frontier versions consisted of "straight up battles of different formats". I suppose you liked the three Platinum-exclusive facilities better than the five Emerald-exclusive ones, but I doubt this is the consensus. Either way, I don't see what this has to do with adding post-game areas.

I guess my wording is a bit unclear. With my first part, I was saying how the Sevii Islands do fit in Leaf Green and Fire red because of the Orange Islands and their position in the anime. This is why the Sevii Islands would not fit in ORAS, as there is no such link. Also, by "straight up battles of different formats," I am talking about the Battle Subway and Maison, literally being just normal battles of different formats (i.e. single, double, etc), whereas the Frontiers have added at least a bit of a twist each time. In regards to your confusion on my relevence in adding post-game areas, I am trying to say that they have only so much time to work on the games before the release date, so why waste some of it on remaking old stuff from old remakes when you can spend it on new, never-before-seen content? I hope this cleared things up a bit. :)

One problem with converting the Day-Care into a Friend Safari is that since Red visited so recently. Maybe, the Day-Care wouldn't accept customers of competitor services or you have two Day-Cares, meaning you can drop off four Pokémon and breed two pairs.
If it's been half a year or so since the FRLG story, it's arguably long enough for things to have changed. Either way, gameplay and story should be segregated if one comes at the expense of the other.

Murr said:
If they're in it shouldn't be based on getting a Frontier medal, that will limit the amount of people going, whether from not knowing or not being able to get a medal. (I only got two silver medals in Emerald, so I'd qualify I guess but eh).
Are you referring to the idea of assigning the Silver Frontier symbols to Battle Tents spread across the Sevii Islands? If anything, that would require people to finish the post-game story prior to entering the Hoenn Battle Frontier, but even that wouldn't be necessary if they just added Bronze symbols. I don't see why it would be an issue, though.

Vivillon said:
With my first part, I was saying how the Sevii Islands do fit in Leaf Green and Fire red because of the Orange Islands and their position in the anime. This is why the Sevii Islands would not fit in ORAS, as there is no such link.
There is such a link: the Sevii Islands sidequest revolved around creating a connection between Kanto and Hoenn, which were included in the same generation. Add that to the fact that Deoxys' habitat is one of the islands, and you get a stronger connection than a tenuous link to the Orange Islands which were never referenced.

whereas the Frontiers have added at least a bit of a twist each time.
The point is that the Hoenn Battle Frontier already has 7 facilities and Game Freak just need to re-program them. It shouldn't be used as an excuse not to add post-game exploration.

In regards to your confusion on my relevence in adding post-game areas, I am trying to say that they have only so much time to work on the games before the release date, so why waste some of it on remaking old stuff from old remakes when you can spend it on new, never-before-seen content? I hope this cleared things up a bit. :)
The Sevii Islands could easily have never-before-seen content. I am not so sure about Hoenn if you look at how Kanto and Johto were handled. I'd also rather that Game Freak flesh out an existing island chain than add a new one which would probably feel barebones.

I see what you mean now with the connection to the games. For some reason, I completely forgot that the Sevii islands were more than just a place to get Pokémon from the Johto region. I also did not know that Deoxys was located there, as I never participated in an event until Platinum. :p As for the Frontier, I am for some reason imagining a new Frontier, sort of like how they replaced Crystal's tower with Platinum's Frontier. As making a straight up tower would be a step backwards, they are probably going to either revamp Hoenn's with the new Triple and Rotation formats or redesign it entirely to incorperate said modes.

sort of like how they replaced Crystal's tower with Platinum's Frontier.
They didn't really replace it. The original Battle Tower (in Japanese Crystal) was akin to the Wi-Fi mode of Generation IV's Battle Tower in that it relied on other players' data (using the Mobile Adapter). So the Generation IV Battle Tower was a natural expansion of the original feature, and the other facilities didn't change that.

As making a straight up tower would be a step backwards, they are probably going to either revamp Hoenn's with the new Triple and Rotation formats or redesign it entirely to incorperate said modes.
Those formats don't really require a revamp so much as a straightforward expansion. It will probably work the same way as in the World Tournament, where the Gym Leaders had full teams but only used some of them depending on the format. They probably won't give the Frontier Brains separate teams for every format.

To be fair, Kanto was technically already the post-game story content for the original Jouto games - they would have had to pretty much shoehorn the Seven Isles in HGSS in order to have an excuse for the player to be there. And as previously said, they aren't really part of Kanto and have only been used once. I think that leaves enough room for them to be used once more, and with the post-game content for the Houen games being pretty bare compared to a full quest (the Battle Tower and the Battle Frontier), I think they could be added to ORAS's post-game believably.

I certainly prefer this idea over something akin to HGSS sharing pretty much the same Battle Frontier as DPPt - if ORAS has another Battle Chateau alongside the Emerald Battle Frontier, I'm gonna smh. Interspersing Battle Tents throughout the Seven Isles sounds like a much cooler plan (and sounds suspiciously similar to what I'm doing for my fan-manga project)

Actually the Trainer Tower north of Seven Island could be converted into a Battle Chateau, a Battle Maison, or even a Battle Institute.

Actually the Trainer Tower north of Seven Island could be converted into a Battle Chateau, a Battle Maison, or even a Battle Institute.
The Battle Maison is essentially the Battle Tower with Triple and Rotation battles, while the other facilities are rather unnecessary. I'd rather see an Inverse Battle facility.

The Battle Maison is essentially the Battle Tower with Triple and Rotation battles, while the other facilities are rather unnecessary. I'd rather see an Inverse Battle facility.

Now that would be a cool idea. I'd definitely go for an inverse battle facility.

I absolutely love this, completely. But I don't like the idea that Team Rocket invades Hoenn. Let's leave that for the Anime. Same with Red being there lol

I thought about the sevii islands returning but when you look at them objectively they're pretty boring. They were a nice addition at the time but I'd rather get something new for OrAs' postgame, where they can make the environment more tailored to the 3ds.

As for Altering Cave, I actually don't think it would be redundant to have one in Hoenn and another on Outcast Island. Suppose that Altering Cave randomly alters the wild Pokémon every day, as well as being similar to the Friend Safari in that two of the Pokémon's IVs are guaranteed to be perfect and there is also a chance of getting an hidden ability. One of the caves could guarantee two perfect offensive stats (Attack, Special Attack and Speed) and the other one would cover the defensive stats (HP, Defense and Special Defense). That way there would be a much better chance of getting perfect IVs in the desired stats.

There should still be a separate Friend Safari feature, but Altering Cave wouldn't require interaction with other players and would add more perks.

Mijzelffan said:
where they can make the environment more tailored to the 3ds.
I don't see how new islands would be "tailored for the 3DS" if that is what you're getting at. I'd say that most Kalos locations could have been executed without the 3DS.

Last edited:
Mijzelffan said:
where they can make the environment more tailored to the 3ds.
I don't see how new islands would be "tailored for the 3DS" if that is what you're getting at. I'd say that most Kalos locations could have been executed without the 3DS.

All of hoenn can and has been executed without the 3DS. Would be nice to get some new stuff that's made specifically for the 3DS, like lumiose's camera. The battle frontier would actually probably look really nice if they redesigned it to be more circular like this. Not sure how well received that would be though.

Let's see, in terms of features they had a Daycare, Altering Cave, and a Trainer Tower. Uh nope, not really seeing where they complement Hoenn in terms of features, all of these things exist in Hoenn in some form (the Daycare is on Rt. 117, Altering Cave is on Rt. 103, and the Trainer Tower is equivalent to Trainer Hill which is on Rt. 111). That just leaves the Pokemon, which could be altered to complement just about any region ever made.

The Sevii Islands quest did include collecting a Ruby and Sapphire for the purpose of connecting FRLG with RSE though, and to me that would signify that the Hoenn region has its own ties to them. This along with the possibility of visiting two of the islands in Emerald could be used by Game Freak as a basis for establishing a clearer relationship between the Sevii Islands and Hoenn in the remakes. The lore of the Islands wasn't really explored in great depth in FR/LG, so maybe OR/AS would be a good time to do so; not to mention them potentially serving the purpose of housing a number of National Dex Pokemon in the post game. Any features that conflict with those in mainland Hoenn could easily be omitted or adapted, such as the example somebody has given of changing the Daycare Centre into a Friend Safari.

As mentioned before, two islands were accessible through events in Emerald, and if the Deoxys event is identical to the one in FR/LG and Emerald, we'll surely be visiting Birth Island again in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This alone would be a great opportunity to expand on why Deoxys landed within the Sevii archipelago. The Sevii Islands are obviously associated with Kanto much more than with Hoenn at the moment (mostly due to debuting and being visited in FR/LG), but there are still plenty of references to associate it with the latter region upon visiting them. It would be great in my opinion if OR/AS could allow us to delve into their mystery even further.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as those who want to see Game Freak expand more on the Seven Isles in ORAS (through a post-game quest). There's just so much potential left to be explored on those collection of islands, and I'd love to see them again, especially if they're willing to include a true storyline event concerning Deoxys' landing on Earth.

While they were an FRLG thing at the time, they were still memorable fixtures of Gen III and clearly had some ties to Houen (the ones with the legendary events even appeared in Emerald). It feels a bit wrong not to include them, in my opinion. The present is always a good time to expand on pre-existing mysteries and lore rather than waiting until more "remakes of remakes" to do so. That's what I feel, at least.

Also, the anime and The Origin (OVA) are bottom line irrelevant to the game canon, pls stahp

As I wrote a few pages ago, what if Deoxys wasn't the only thing that came with the meteor? It was originally a space virus that underwent a mutation, so it would make sense if the materials of that meteor became Mega Stones due to a similar mutation. Those Mega Stones could be scattered across the Sevii Islands, which would explain the discovery of new Mega Stones that weren't found in XY.

The Pokédex says that Deoxys was originally a virus that underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam. Where did that laser beam come from? Perhaps Deoxys was just a byproduct of an experiment designed to irradiate the meteor with the same kind of light that created the Kalos Mega Stones 3,000 years ago.

Can I just mention that Satoshi himself considers Pokémon Adventures the truest canon representation of his world (aside from the games, obviously) And in the Manga, the Sevii Islands have more in common with Hoenn than Kanto. Plus, the one Mew available in the wild in the history of the entire franchise is available on a Sevii island, as is the HOENN LEGENDARY Deoxys. No way they'd exclude those two islands, so at the very least keep those two islands. And the meteorite megastones mystery would be epic.

But I hope they include the Sevii islands as well as new areas and the Battle Frontier. I've never been a fan of those battle frontier thingies, so ORAS will have an absolute shitty post-game for me if they don't have new areas or the Island chain to explore.

On the other hand, I'd die if they included the Orange Archipelago instead. But yeah, I'm here for Sevii Islands.

The only way you could really make a tight-knit relation between the Seven Isles and Kantou (besides the former being introduced in a Kantou game) is if you look at the fomer's real life counterpart, the Izu Archipelago, which is a part of the real Kantou region. But using that logic, the Ogasawara Archipelago being part of the real Kantou region makes the Orange Archipelago from the anime a part of the Kantou region as well.

Can I just mention that Satoshi himself considers Pokémon Adventures the truest canon representation of his world (aside from the games, obviously)
Whoa now. Let's not misinterpret people's quotes here.

Satoshi Tajiri said this about the Pocket Monsters Special manga, in the mid-to-late 1990s: "This is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey."

There are two reasons why this quote has nothing to do with the game's canon.

1) He's saying it's the closest a comic has been to conveying the world portrayed in his Red/Green games (not its storyline canon, the way the world functions). Keep in mind that back then (at the time he said this), the only other manga out there using Pocket Monsters as a concept was a cute manga solely aimed at girls, a gag manga with talking monsters, and an ecchi adaptation of the anime. So there wasn't much competition in that regard.

2) Houen and the Seven Isles did not exist in 1997, so even if he did mean it was true to the game canon (false), the quote certainly lacks merit now.

While I agree that the Seven Isles being included in ORAS's post-game would be a great idea, I wouldn't use the Special manga as a valid reason.

Redux:
The anime, The Origin (OVA), and Special manga are bottom line irrelevant to the game canon, pls stahp

Last edited:
Murr said:
Are you referring to the idea of assigning the Silver Frontier symbols to Battle Tents spread across the Sevii Islands? If anything, that would require people to finish the post-game story prior to entering the Hoenn Battle Frontier, but even that wouldn't be necessary if they just added Bronze symbols. I don't see why it would be an issue, though.

I suppose I didn't get the notification because you spelled my username wrong ¬_¬

anyway he was saying you go to the SI after getting your first symbol, I think. That's what I was saying is unfair.

Plus, the one Mew available in the wild in the history of the entire franchise is available on a Sevii island,
Actually, Faraway Island is not part of the Sevii Islands. It's most likely in Guyana if we go by the Pokémon Mansion journal, so it's quite far from the Japanese regions as its name suggests.

Muur said:
anyway he was saying you go to the SI after getting your first symbol, I think. That's what I was saying is unfair.
No, he was saying that you'd have to obtain the Silver symbols on the Sevii Islands prior to unlocking the Battle Frontier.

I meant the OP

"After getting your first Silver Symbol at the Battle Frontier, Scott asks you to go to One Island to help his friend Celio with an errand. He gives you a Rainbow Pass and you go to One Island. "

Goddarn... you just got everything planned out, don't you? Even NPC quotes... Impressive.
But holy Arceus yes. I'd love to see the Sevii Islands return. They are my absolute favorite part of LeafGreen, and their remixed Johto soundtracks always hit me with nostalgia. Of course, New Island, Naval Rock, etc would be nice islands to visit... although with Naval Rock, everyone has easy access to Ho-Oh and Lugia these days.

Also, they managed to include both Johto AND Kanto in HG/SS, didn't they? I mean, sure, the two regions also showed up in the originals... but still, having 2 regions in one game is not completely out of the question. And in my opinion, seven small-ish islands that don't even include the ocean in between take less effort to re-create than an entire landmass like Kanto. Sadly, I kind of also doubt GF is actually going to do this.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom