• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Thread

I saw possibility romantically but quickly realized it's just another friendship ship. Nothing to get excited about yeah she had for like 1 day childhood hero crush but it seemed over with rather quickly.

I'm not sure about that. The sub-plot of Serena knowing Ash from Childhood and having a canonical crush is not going to be quickly resolve considering how other subplots from the anime are handled in the past, like the Buziel and Aipom Trade, Chimchar joining Ash, Misty denying that she has a crush on Ash, and so forth. Given how the marketing team are giving ship teases left to right, such implying Serena's jealousy in the Sylveon episode and the Pokévison episode, I expect that sub-plot to resurface in the future.

Well obviously, but it might end up phasing out towards the end of the saga. Knowing the cycle of the show and how Serena won't have any relevance after XY, it makes me wonder where it can go before the gen ends.

I wonder who will eventually replace her! Now back on topic has her crush on ash ever been known to him?

No, not yet anyway. The only people who seem to notice that Serena has deeper feelings for Ash are Clemont and Bonnie, and they have only noticed during the second Gym Battle when Serena starts to worry about Ash's chances of winning. Of course, there's a chance that Ash might have noticed Serena's feelings in the delayed XY024, considering they were in the mini-sub together, only accompanied by a female pilot and not Clemont and Bonnie.

Hi I'm new and I love amourshipping. Ash and Serena with there history together are so cute .

Nice that this one brings together all kinds of Shippers, just like the theme of XY (simply look at the ending). Pokèshipper, Advanceshipper, Pearlshipper, Morpheusshipper... even non-Shippers and who knows how much more and some even before the first airing of XY. Can this be a good sign for the future of AmourShipping?
I'm not convinced for this Ship but give Serena a good main plot as well as a male and female rival, the same for Ash and it might work out. It's more like a cannon but one-sided crush on Serena's side until the saga ends and they simply part ways. Someday Serena might realize Ash is unable to understand her feelings and gives up. (XY is still good without love)

Anyway, just for fun let's see, what could Serena do to get through Ash's thick head and causing her feelings to be heard and react romantically? Oh and please think realistic if you can.

Last edited:
The problem of Serena isn't that she love Ash/Satoshi (and neither that she is used as fanservice). The problem is that she has to catch a pokemon, do oficial battles and seeing a general path on her journey.

About the ship per se, seeing a ship actually go canon (from Serena) and not pure fanon like other shipping makes the shipping exciting to see.

However, I don't always support this ship because Serena realized to me that a character that her main purpose is that she has a crush to the main character. I don't saying that they can0t create canon crush in the anime... but not in the conditions of Serena.

Fortunately, the next episode is about her. In theory, we can dream about her actually getting Swirlix and Serena actually battle Millefeui. However, i don't have high hopes from neither of those two events, specially given the movie poster and merch don't have Swirlix.

I think Serena will find her goal with cooking. And maybe even start battling soon. I hope the writers expand on her love with Ash too. Maybe a kiss!

Haha I wish, but doubt the anime would have a 10 year old kiss. Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

Maybe Serena can kiss Ash on the cheek in one of the movies? Now that would be super-cute!

(I'm jumping into the shipping wagon)
Anyone else watched today's episode? I think we've got one of the biggest hints for this shipping, if not the biggest one:
BnG0I4FCQAAwq0z.jpg

Roughly translates to:
"I'll take Satoshi for me if you keep being passive/idle"
(I think she means: "If you don't do anything, I'll keep dat Ash for myself!")
Serena then blushes heavily:
0ef.gif

She doesn't deny her crush on Ash as all other female companions have done. She actually runs back to the group with a happy face.

Earlier in the episode, the CotD/potential rival (her name is Milfie BTW) asks Ash if he had any thoughts on having a girlfriend (most people translate it to "bride"), to which he (sadly) answers negatively. Immediately after this, Serena gets noticeably saddened.

Any thoughts on this episode?

I really liked the poke-puff episode! The best thing about that episode was that it not only had some good amourshippy hints but it also seemed to give Serena some character development.
I usually like the Serena-focused epsiodes, because they give her more focus and it makes both her and the ship even more interesting.
And yeah, Serena didn't seem to deny her crush. I hope Milfie becomes a recurring character, if she keeps pressing the right buttons then we would probably get even more amourshippy hints. :)

(I'm jumping into the shipping wagon)
Anyone else watched today's episode? I think we've got one of the biggest hints for this shipping, if not the biggest one:
BnG0I4FCQAAwq0z.jpg

Roughly translates to:
"I'll take Satoshi for me if you keep being passive/idle"
(I think she means: "If you don't do anything, I'll keep dat Ash for myself!")
Serena then blushes heavily:
0ef.gif

She doesn't deny her crush on Ash as all other female companions have done. She actually runs back to the group with a happy face.

Earlier in the episode, the CotD/potential rival (her name is Milfie BTW) asks Ash if he had any thoughts on having a girlfriend (most people translate it to "bride"), to which he (sadly) answers negatively. Immediately after this, Serena gets noticeably saddened.
Any thoughts on this episode?

Actually, this might even be a good sign, depending on Ash exact words. Usually Ash would say something like "I have a few girls as friends", warping the meaning of the question in his answer. So this could also be seen that he actually is aware of the meaning of a girlfriend, which I deem as the first step. Then just over time his opinion changes. Just a though from the hidden shipper in me ( I thought I got rid of).

See ya.

Just as I thought. During that episode, Serena doesn't deny her crush. Misty,Melody,Macy,Anabel,Dawn,and Angie better watch out for this girl. I have to admit that not only that I'm a kissshipper,but I'm also quite an advanceshipper,abilityshipper,Pearlshipper,and now an amourshipper because I like that Serena's crushing on Ashy.

Nice that this one brings together all kinds of Shippers, just like the theme of XY (simply look at the ending). Pokèshipper, Advanceshipper, Pearlshipper, Morpheusshipper... even non-Shippers and who knows how much more and some even before the first airing of XY. Can this be a good sign for the future of AmourShipping?
I'm not convinced for this Ship but give Serena a good main plot as well as a male and female rival, the same for Ash and it might work out. It's more like a cannon but one-sided crush on Serena's side until the saga ends and they simply part ways. Someday Serena might realize Ash is unable to understand her feelings and gives up. (XY is still good without love)

Anyway, just for fun let's see, what could Serena do to get through Ash's thick head and causing her feelings to be heard and react romantically? Oh and please think realistic if you can.

I agree, as we are just starting to get the first Dutch dubbed episodes here in the Netherlands, I like the setup for XY, the tune, a cute childhood story about how Serena and Ash first met. Though my main ship is still Morpheus (although sometimes it seems I'm the last one left, judging by the lack of postings in the topic for that ship) I am curious to see how this develops. XY does follow the usual antics of a Pokemon anime season, but yet on some account is different, so I don't know what to expect.

Just watched the latest episode of pokemon x and y and i am amazed about the scenes where millefeui asked satoshi bout the bride thing and serenas reaction, if you notice after that she slowly starts to show how hurt she is and before they announce serena as the 3rd winner to move up you can tell by her eyes how hurt she was, even her reaction to hearing her name aint so joyful you can tell she had something on her mind a.k.a satoshi :love:

Back
Top Bottom