• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules Bulbagarden Forum Rules - *New set valid immediately*

Hello! I'm curious as to cursing on here. Can we? Like I'm not saying I'm gonna use the f word five times in a single sentence, just when you feel the need to use it for emphasis. haha, yeah, sorry if I'm not making any sense.
Thanks in advance! :D
Swearing is allowed as long as it isn't excessive or directed at another user(which would count as flaming them)

Thanks for the quickly reply and alright!
Oh no, I hope I never feel the need to flame someone! Doubt it'll happen. The again~

Oh no, I hope I never feel the need to flame someone! Doubt it'll happen. The again~

As a general rule, if you think somebody is breaking the rules or baiting, report them instead of flaming them. If they're just being obnoxious and not actually doing anything illegal, ignore them so you don't get involved and the situation doesn't escalate.

As a general rule, if you think somebody is breaking the rules or baiting, report them instead of flaming them. If they're just being obnoxious and not actually doing anything illegal, ignore them so you don't get involved and the situation doesn't escalate.
Oh I will! I will report them right away and leave the rest to the mods! ;)

7. Don't steal other people's fanworks, or their other creations (Plagiarism, 4 points, 2 months)
-If you post something you didn't create, credit the creator. If you don't know who, make sure to say so.
I don't try to claim others as mine, but I often forget to give credit or provide a source. I usually just point out if something I posted is mine and provide proof.
Does this mean I've broken that rule? Also, what about images that have multiple sources? (eg an image shows up on Google 5 times from different websites and uploaders)

7. Don't steal other people's fanworks, or their other creations (Plagiarism, 4 points, 2 months)
-If you post something you didn't create, credit the creator. If you don't know who, make sure to say so.
I don't try to claim others as mine, but I often forget to give credit or provide a source. I usually just point out if something I posted is mine and provide proof.
Does this mean I've broken that rule? Also, what about images that have multiple sources? (eg an image shows up on Google 5 times from different websites and uploaders)

This is from my experiences. If a mod posts otherwise, definitely listen to them (and tell me so I'll be straight on this too XD). In general, just posting an image doesn't imply that you take credit for it. This applies mostly to sections such as the Art Gallery and the Fiction Fairground, where it's assumed that what you post is your creation unless you source it. If you're just talking in one of the chat threads and want to share an image you found or use a picture or gif to show your reaction to something, that's generally ok. If you're not sure if you need to include a source for an image, you probably should just to be safe.

If you are using an image you found its fine as long as you dont claim it is yours if you didnt create it. If you're using an image as an avatar or signature, I suggest giving credit in your signature to be safe.

I'm new to this forum and I'm just curious as to why this forum doesn't allow any discussion of fan-made games. Of course, I don't see anything wrong with the fan-made games, and I don't think anyone else would either. I know forums like PokéCommunity allow fan-made games, such as ROM Hacks and all that, just as long as it's posted in a patch form and not a ROM form. Forums like PokéCommunity doesn't allow ROMs to be linked to or anything, but it does allow patches in which can be used on the ROMs in which you already have.

Yes, those forums allows Emulators as well, since they're actual programs that some developer made and not owned by Nintendo in any way possible, which is also the same for cheating devices such as ActionReplay. I'm also curious if cheating devices such as ActionReplay are not allowed to be discussed here either?

I'm curious to what "baiting" is.
Is baiting trying to get a negative reaction from another user?

This might be the stupidest question ever, but are furry's accepted/allowed?

and i'm sorta a grammar nazi, so i'll be careful and not say something like "it's reflection, not reflectin, you idiot" and say something like "actually, it's reflection, not reflectin ^.^" " i don't really know how to nicely correct someone. ._.

This might be the stupidest question ever, but are furry's accepted/allowed?

and i'm sorta a grammar nazi, so i'll be careful and not say something like "it's reflection, not reflectin, you idiot" and say something like "actually, it's reflection, not reflectin ^.^" " i don't really know how to nicely correct someone. ._.

As long as you don't post explicit art and whatnot, I believe you can like whatever you want. I'm not sure what kind of furry community we have here, but I'm sure there are others with similar taste.

Just so you're aware, in general correcting someone for a simple typo like leaving out an "o" isn't going to be taken very kindly by people. As long as something is legible there's no reason to really correct them. So basically there is no way to really "nicely correct someone" if they aren't asking for help with grammar and English. There aren't any rules against correcting people that I'm aware of, but that is a sort of unspoken internet etiquette rule.

How long does it take for a post to be approved by the Mod? And what are the factors that may affect the wait? I'm curious to know so I know what to do and what not to.

How long does it take for a post to be approved by the Mod? And what are the factors that may affect the wait? I'm curious to know so I know what to do and what not to.

You should contact a moderator of the section your trying to post in to help you, this way your posts will be approved faster. Because the post approval is actually a glitch that has been preventing posts from showing. So letting us know you need posts approved will speed things along.

Oh and you can contact super mods as well! They have bold names and can approve posts in any section. Hope this helps!

OK, but I think the 'spambot' rule is quite harsh, what if we're not sure, or we're a new user?
Spambots are accounts created solely for advertising things. If you arent sure, report a spam post and the staff will figure out if it's a spambot or a regular user.

We also do not want users joining here just to advertise something. We want people to contribute to our community, however, not all advertising is against the rules. You may advertise, but you can do so only in your blog or signature(meaning you cant spam people to advertise something via PM, VM or create threads to advertise things)

4. Don't make pointless posts (Pointless Post, 3 points, 1 month)
-This includes posts like "This is spam", creating a duplicate thread, and posting only to bump a thread.
-This also include posting twice in a row to make minor additions to your first post. Use "edit" instead.
-Finally, this include making a post that has nothing to do with the discussion in the thread it's in.

Hi. I have a question on this rule. Does posting double post accidentally means a violation too? Here's my problem:

Because I'm using Tapatalk and it's on Android I always makes mistake on this which means duplicating posts. It's an error or maybe that makes the problem get started. The problem is I can't delete it back and when I try to do that it's already too late. Please guys is there any solution for this coz I already being warned twice. I don't want to be banned from Bmgf so please help me!

Last edited:
-This includes posts like "This is spam", creating a duplicate thread, and posting only to bump a thread.
-This also include posting twice in a row to make minor additions to your first post. Use "edit" instead.
-Finally, this include making a post that has nothing to do with the discussion in the thread it's in.

Hi. I have a question on this rule. Does posting double post accidentally means a violation too? Here's my problem:

Because I'm using Tapatalk and it's on Android I always makes mistake on this which means duplicating posts. It's an error or maybe that makes the problem get started. The problem is I can't delete it back and when I try to do that it's already too late. Please guys is there any solution for this coz I already being warned twice. I don't want to be banned from Bmgf so please help me!
We aint gonna ban you for accidental double posts, don't worry. Obviously try to keep them to a minimum, but it's not a big deal, we can delete them ourselves if we need to.

I don't know what to say about preventing them, considering my lack of experience with Tapatalk, or accidentally making double posts on mobile....

We aint gonna ban you for accidental double posts, don't worry. Obviously try to keep them to a minimum, but it's not a big deal, we can delete them ourselves if we need to.

I don't know what to say about preventing them, considering my lack of experience with Tapatalk, or accidentally making double posts on mobile....

Thanks! I feel so relieved now.:D

Hey, question about rule 6...

6. Don't ask for or provide illegal pokémon content (Copyright Violation, 4 points, 2 months)
-This includes emulators, roms, full episode downloads/streams and similar (short clips are allowed).
-This also include advertising or asking about fan-made games, illegal manga scans, or fansubs.

Okay, you can't ask for or provide or advertise fan-made games. But let's say I had some ideas for a fan-made Pokemon game, like maybe new Pokemon or Moves I've dreamed up. Just ideas, no actual content or downloads, not even a website. Could I post my ideas in one of the fan forums?

I have a lot of ideas for a Pokemon fangame, but I'm not actually making one because I have no programming or art talent. I'd just like to share the ideas, get some feedback (especially of what people think of the fairness of the Moves I've dreamt up; I'm not much of a competitive player so I wouldn't know if something would be abusable or broken), and most of all, just have fun.

Would this be okay or should I take it to some other forum?

Edit: Okay, it's been over 24 hours. After 48 hours I'm just gonna go ahead and post the topic and hope it's okay.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom