• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY030: Corni and Lucario! The Secret of Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
Couldn't find a proper thread on this episode so here we go

XY30: Korrina and Lucario! The Secrets of Mega Evolution!!
Airing: May 29 together with XY029
Animation Director: Tomohiro Koyama

Summary stolen from that other forum -
Ash and friends suddenly get challenged to a battle by a girl named Korrina and her partner Pokémon Lucario. Ash accepts and sends out Pikachu, but even it struggles against Lucario's overwhelming power. It then turns out Korrina is the leader of Shalour Gym, the group's next destination. But what is her true aim behind this battle?

If I'm getting this right, the modified schedule goes like this:

May 15: Flabebe & Bonnie
May 22: Ash vs. Diantha
May 29: Fake Ash & co. / Korrina & Lucario debut
June 5: Lucario vs. Blaziken

I hope they don't cancel the Skrelp/Dragalge ep. like the Barboach/Whiscash one.

I think Korrina will take a little liking to Clemont (where she wants him as her boyfriend almost). Sunglasses? (saw in the preview) Is Korrina headed to the beach (beach in Shalour City and I know some people put on their swimsuits underneath their clothes)? Or is she sun sensitive (sensitive eyes that can easily get hurt in the bright sun and sensitive skin that needs sunscreen)? Or Korrina likes sunglasses? Most likely we'll see Clemont in an apron (I saw food in the preview not gonna lie) but Clemont will be angry if he finds she's using ketchup as ink (Clemont is an implied manners freak to me, episode 17 his facial expression said when Sanpei was eating and Ash eating neatly in the opening, he never ate that way, Clemont's behind this). She may pull a Bianca and give us shirtless Clemont. Imagine if she has had a past with Clemont (maybe they used to be best friends, or their mothers are friends, or something) she may reveal things about this.

What's up with Korrina's eye color? It keeps changing!
news140513.png

ポケットモンスター エックスワイ:あにてれ:テレビ東京
In the magazine scan, game artwork, and preview they looked gray. In those pictures on the left she has blue eyes on the right they look aqua marine.

Last edited:
but Clemont will be angry if he finds she's using ketchup as ink.
I think Pikachu will be more upset if they are wasting ketchup

Anyway i hope tis doesnt go into a sob story like maylene but im not figuring it will

but Clemont will be angry if he finds she's using ketchup as ink.
I think Pikachu will be more upset if they are wasting ketchup

Anyway i hope tis doesnt go into a sob story like maylene but im not figuring it will

Yes and it seems like Clemont expects you to use good table manners, when Sanpei was eating episode 17 Clemont looked uncomfortable. Wasting food is bad table manners.

I need brain bleach, cause 30 year old Ash is freaking me out too much. 0_0

Huh, Satoshi is going to battle Carne for his third badge in Episode #30? I hope I wonder if he'll lose the first go around? Usually the gym battle is mentioned in the title.

So Ash is battling Korrina? Wow, I've always used my own Pikachu to battle her Lucario in-game, so I'm interested to see how this plays out. Also, it will be Pika's second time battling a Lucario, so that will be interesting.

" But what is her true aim behind this battle?" after reading that first thing what came to mind is the lucario the one who joins you in game or does she have only one? because we know sometimes they add certain events from games to the anime e.g this battle plus it would give ash his first mega.

Preview:

[video=youtube;h3W3YBHq6NY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3W3YBHq6NY[/video]

I really want Ash to get that Lucario that can mega evolve. But I just don't see it happening for some reason Ash always ends up with weaker Pokemon.

I really want Ash to get that Lucario that can mega evolve. But I just don't see it happening for some reason Ash always ends up with weaker Pokemon.

Hey don't give up. There's always had a chance for Ash to get a mega evolution pokémon even though the chance it's very little y'know.
Besides if this happens, it'll will be an act to redeem himself for not having a Lucario in the first place on DP episodes. :)

As much as I also want him to get a Lucario, I doubt it will happen. See, due to a chapter about the Diance movie, it's confirmed that Ash catches the Hawlucha in the upcoming episode(See spoiler tag). I don't see him getting to Pokemon, especially two fighting Pokemon in the space of mere episodes.
With that said, Korina is gonna be around for 3-4 episodes and none of them even look like the gym match. I reckon they'll be a gap where Ash uses the time to train and return to fight her later. I also wonder if after beating her, will her and Ash have a battle on top of the Tower of Mastery. That would be cool.

Last edited:
As much as I also want him to get a Lucario, I doubt it will happen. See, due to a chapter about the Diance movie, it's confirmed that Ash catches the Hawlucha in the upcoming episode(See spoiler tag). I don't see him getting to Pokemon, especially two fighting Pokemon in the space of mere episodes.
With that said, Korina is gonna be around for 3-4 episodes and none of them even look like the gym match. I reckon they'll be a gap where Ash uses the time to train and return to fight her later. I also wonder if after beating her, will her and Ash have a battle on top of the Tower of Mastery. That would be cool.
Oh I wish that. At least Clemont wouldn't have an extra person to take care of (wasting food? Rollerblading) he probably has to play nurse on her.

Hey don't give up. There's always had a chance for Ash to get a mega evolution pokémon even though the chance it's very little y'know.
Besides if this happens, it'll will be an act to redeem himself for not having a Lucario in the first place on DP episodes. :)

Ash already has Heracross and Charizard as viable Megas. Although, I got money that he'll get actually use a Mega Sceptile as a way to promote ORAS.

2nd preview:

[video=youtube;R7LNtkr-A2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7LNtkr-A2Q[/video]

Ash already has Heracross and Charizard as viable Megas. Although, I got money that he'll get actually use a Mega Sceptile as a way to promote ORAS.

Yeah I know Ash has those pokémon to be mega evolved. But the problem is how is he gonna remember them after being leftover by him to Oak's lab to pursue his dream to be a Pokémon Master?(Even though Charizard still fresh in Ash's mind on BW episodes)

Besides, we don't know if Sceptile can really mega evolved yet because the uncompleted update about this new OR/AS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom