• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I don't suppose the broken thumbnails of existing images is part of that problem too? All images that had to be re-sized on [bp=Rhyhorn (Pokémon)]Rhyhorn's page[/bp] are resulting in errors for me, but not on [bp=Rhydon (Pokémon)]Rhydon's page[/bp].

Yes, the broken thumbnails was part of the issue that was addressed. If you use the purge link on any page with broken thumbnails that shouldn't be broken, the images will fix themselves.

Seeing that the site notice was reverted at Archives, I assume it's safe to try to reupload the images now?

Correct.

I've raised this issue before, but...

Nearly all of the sugi art used in the infoboxes of pokemon pages are off in HSV. They are all shifted to be a little more blue/purple. I've mentioned and corrected this for tentacool, tentacruel, bulbasaur, ivysaur, vensuaur, maybe others, but this is an issue with nearly every pokemon and I simply do not have the time to color correct all of them, especially since we are using downsized images.

I've mentioned this before, but a lot of the sugi art used in the infroboxes of pokemon pages are off HSV, they are shifted to be more blue or purple.

I recently had a problem with the "Location" template, after uploading this file to the Archives. Is there any way to link to Ambrette Town while still displaying Ambrette Aquarium on the text? If there is none, I believe the template should have its parameters changed to allow this.

I recently had a problem with the "Location" template, after uploading this file to the Archives. Is there any way to link to Ambrette Town while still displaying Ambrette Aquarium on the text? If there is none, I believe the template should have its parameters changed to allow this.

There already is a parameter called "altlink" for linking to a different page if needed.

About The M-Lucario and M-Aggron Menu Sprites...

I've noticed they still haven't been added, despite every other Mega being added. If I may, I have the Menu Sprites for every single Pokémon. You guys can gladly use mine.

Pok_mon_XY_Menu_Sprites_copy_2.png

Pok_mon_XY_Menu_Sprites_copy_3.png

^_^

Re: About The M-Lucario and M-Aggron Menu Sprites...

@BlackButterfree While we appreciate the sentiment, we have been trying extra hard to avoid taking sprite rips from other fansites, which is why the upload of new Menu sprites have been so staggered. Therefore, we cannot accept your contributions unless you can prove you ripped the sprites yourself, particularly through the use of a capture device.

@BlackButterfree While we appreciate the sentiment, we have been trying extra hard to avoid taking sprite rips from other fansites, which is why the upload of new Menu sprites have been so staggered. Therefore, we cannot accept your contributions unless you can prove you ripped the sprites yourself, particularly through the use of a capture device.

Those capture devices are so expensive, I wanted to buy one and it was like $500. I wouldn't even know how to use one. I actually found a sheet with all 800+ menu sprites on deviantart. :p Sorry.

Those capture devices are so expensive, I wanted to buy one and it was like $500. I wouldn't even know how to use one. I actually found a sheet with all 800+ menu sprites on deviantart. :p Sorry.

They are which is why its taking so long, also the sheet contained sprites which were taken from fansites so they hadn't even ripped them themselves.

They are which is why its taking so long, also the sheet contained sprites which were taken from fansites so they hadn't even ripped them themselves.

Since I have a Living Pokédex, if I got a capture device, I wouldn't even hesitate to upload all 800+ sprites.

I don't know how important this is, but I uploaded a new version of Attract.png a few hours ago, and the original image (the one uploaded by SnorlaxMonster) seems to have changed to my image. I did try to upload the image during the period when uploading, editing et al. wasn't always working (which may or may not have something to do with it) but the old image only changed after my new one came online.

I don't know how important this is, but I uploaded a new version of Attract.png a few hours ago, and the original image (the one uploaded by SnorlaxMonster) seems to have changed to my image. I did try to upload the image during the period when uploading, editing et al. wasn't always working (which may or may not have something to do with it) but the old image only changed after my new one came online.

Probably just a server thing. It'll probably go back to normal in the next few days.

I know this is really minor, and I don't know if the admins or anyone has any way of changing this, but when I was registering for an archives account, the message for the captcha asked me to type the "two words" that appear, but it was a string of numbers that showed up instead. Like I said, I know it's a really minor thing, but if there's a way to change that message to simply say "type what appears in the box" or something along those lines, that'd be nice.

The Ash and Pikachu picture is protected because of reasons, so I want to suggest this one here:
Sin título-0.png

It's more up to date than the one we have now, while it conveys the same thing with Ash and Pikachu hugging in front of the sea, but I can't say myself it's actually better than the BW one, so I'm just suggesting it.

Last edited:
Re: Official Bulbagarden Archives suggestion/idea/problem thread

I've noticed recently that multiple Dreamworld artworks are in a very low resolution. Can you please find and upload higher resolution ones when you have the chance? Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Official Bulbagarden Archives suggestion/idea/problem thread

I've noticed recently that multiple Dreamworld artworks are in a very low resolution. Can you please find and upload higher resolution ones when you have the chance? Thanks!

Unfortunately, most of the Global Link artwork uploaded is as high resolution as publicly available. If there was higher resolution available, it would of probably been found and uploaded by now. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

--

Anyway, seeming things have calmed down a lot, I was wondering if Archives staff could possibly start the process of moving the current RSE Hoenn Location Maps to new file names? So I can upload the rest of the ORAS Location Maps I have readily available to upload.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom