• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Primal Reversion

Re: Ancient Devolution/Primal Reversion

It made sense for them to give Groudon Fire from a logical standpoint, but I don't really know what else they could have given Kyogre. Nothing else really fits him. And I don't really think they should have given him one just to balance him out with Groudon, like Electric. So, I'm kinda fine with the pure Water typing, myself.

It made sense for them to give Groudon Fire from a logical standpoint, but I don't really know what else they could have given Kyogre. Nothing else really fits him. And I don't really think they should have given him one just to balance him out with Groudon, like Electric. So, I'm kinda fine with the pure Water typing, myself.
Water/Electric would have made sense because of the thunderstorm that cames with the heavy rain caused by Kyogre.

Yeah, either Electric or Ice, I mean come on, Kyogre's signature move is SHEER COLD. An ICE-TYPE MOVE. I always thought originally Groudon should've been Ground/Fire and Kyogre should've been Water/Ice.

What about Water/Ice? Ice is just frozen water...icebergs and stuff...I dunno. It just being pure Water feels...off.

Ninja'd, but still.

Yeah, either Electric or Ice, I mean come on, Kyogre's signature move is SHEER COLD. An ICE-TYPE MOVE. I always thought originally Groudon should've been Ground/Fire and Kyogre should've been Water/Ice.
Sheer Cold is not Kyogre's signature move and never was.

Sheer Cold isn't Kyogre's signature.

Last edited:

Sheer Cold isn't Kyogres signature.

It basically is. Groudon got Fissure and Kyogre got Sheer Cold. Nobody said signature moves were necessarily exclusive moves.

I think Water Spout is more of Kyogre's signature~ And I guess when you put it that way, Electric kinda makes sense. But I don't feel it makes as much sense as Fire to Groudon.

I think Water Spout is more of Kyogre's signature~ And I guess when you put it that way, Electric kinda makes sense. But I don't feel it makes as much sense as Fire to Groudon.

Eruption/Water Spout too, that's why I think Water/Ice and Ground/Fire makes the most sense.

It basically is. Groudon got Fissure and Kyogre got Sheer Cold. Nobody said signature moves were necessarily exclusive moves.

It really isn't. It basically breaks every rule for a signature move

Hey, I can't make you be correct. I'm just saying anybody can notice a theme/similarity with Groudon and Kyogre having respective moves like they do, Eruption/Water Spout, Fissure/Sheer Cold, etc.

Primal Groudon and Kyogre DO have signature attacks, but they are debuting here. Screenshots of those new attacks have been uploaded to the Japanese website. Those moves don't appear to be in XY's coding, so I don't know how Game Freak plans to incorporate them in (much like the new Mega Evolutions).

Signature move is a move that only a SINGLE (the rare case of a group having a signature move was the Swords of Justice but no longer) pokemon, as soon as other pokemon can learn it stops being a signature move, so no Fissure and Sheer Cold are not and never were the signature moves of Kyogre and Groudon because other pokemon can learn them.

Signature move is a move that only a SINGLE (the rare case of a group having a signature move was the Swords of Justice but no longer) pokemon, as soon as other pokemon can learn it stops being a signature move, so no Fissure and Sheer Cold are not and never were the signature moves of Kyogre and Groudon because other pokemon can learn them.

Well, don't forget Wailord and Typhlosion also learn Water Spout and Eruption. But those are more of their signatures than Sheer Cold/Fissure.

Hey, I can't make you be correct. I'm just saying anybody can notice a theme/similarity with Groudon and Kyogre having respective moves like they do, Eruption/Water Spout, Fissure/Sheer Cold, etc.

Yeah, anyone can see the duality with these moves. It doesn't make them signature moves though.

Okay, let's not get off-track here, the only reason I mentioned them was for Kyogre's most obvious typing. So Mr. Smart Guy, let me put it this way:

Groudon has a myriad of Fire attacks as well as Ground attacks, so it made perfect sense that he gets Fire-typing. Likewise, Kyogre has a bunch of Ice attacks as well as Water attacks, so again, it makes sense to give it Ice-typing. Like I said, I can't force you to be correct.

Okay, let's not get off-track here, the only reason I mentioned them was for Kyogre's most obvious typing. So Mr. Smart Guy, let me put it this way:

Groudon has a myriad of Fire attacks as well as Ground attacks, so it made perfect sense that he gets Fire-typing. Likewise, Kyogre has a bunch of Ice attacks as well as Water attacks, so again, it makes sense to give it Ice-typing. Like I said, I can't force you to be correct.
Kyogre also learns Thunderbolt, Thunder and Thunder Wave so it could have been Water/Electric. But it doesn't matter anyway, the damn thing is pure Water, GF sometimes dissapoints me.

It made more sense for Groudon to gain the Fire typing due to his connection with Magma and that fact that he dwells deep within the earth's core. Not so much just because he learns a lot of Fire moves. Kyogre doesn't have quite the same connection with Ice, so I can't really see why Primal Kyogre should have gotten Ice just because it learns a lot of Ice moves.

It made more sense for Groudon to gain the Fire typing due to his connection with Magma and that fact that he dwells deep within the earth's core. Not so much just because he learns a lot of Fire moves. Kyogre doesn't have quite the same connection with Ice, so I can't really see why Primal Kyogre should have gotten Ice just because it learns a lot of Ice moves.

plus he gets something from drought now besides instant solar beam

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom