• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
After that hacker only found Mega Latios and Mega Latias in the XY files, I wasn't holding my breath for any new Mega Evolutions mid-generation. Didn't dare hope. Pleased to be wrong. Sceptile and Swampert are both touting incredible designs - Swampert, particularly. Absolutely beautiful.

More intriguing, though, is Diancie lifting the generation cap. There's not that many fully evolved Gen VI pokemon, and they're all pretty useful, so I can't imagine too much change there Mega-wise, but surely we're looking at busting Gen V wide open. Mega Cofagrigus and Mega Galvantula remain firmly on that wishlist...

To be fair, they explicitly said when they introduced Mega Evolutions that they wouldn't be giving any to Kalos Pokémon "in X and Y". This could mean one of two things. There's no plans for ANY of the Kalos Pokémon present in X and Y (Chespin-Zygarde) to Mega Evolve this generation. Or they're saving any and all Kalos Mega's for ORAS and the third version/sequels/prequels/whatever. Either way, now that X and Y are pretty much over with, let's get on to ORAS and new Mega's! I think that's why there was such a lacking post-game this time around. Because they just wanted X and Y out of the way to focus on ORAS.

Watching Sableye mega evolve is so painful! You can see his little gem tearing away from his chest and if you look closely, there's a hole where the gem was when he's holding his shield hahaha. My gut reaction was not positive, but it's already growing on me. Can't wait to see his ability/stats, but I'm sure I'll give him a whirl either way. Still holding out for Masquerain and Breloom mega evos!

I may be wrong, but I don't think we'll be getting any Kalos megas in this gen at all. But there will be many gens in the future to bring those hopes to fruition. I think eventually, every starter will have a mega, but time will tell I suppose. I agree with all of you that Camerupt and Sharpedo will most likely be getting megas in ORAS as they're signature pokes for Magma and Aqua. I can't wait for more teasers!

Mega Sableye is adorable. I love it so much, and he makes me think of Stitch! :D

Since we know for certain new Megos can and will be introduced, meaning X and Y will have them patched in (assuming they weren't just hidden somewhere hackers didn't look), I am hoping to see a Mega Glalie AND Froslass (no gender-discriminating megas like Gardevoir) as well as a Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo. Those last two seem quite likely since Archie and Maxie have mega stones.

Mega Sableye is adorable. I love it so much, and he makes me think of Stitch! :D

Since we know for certain new Megos can and will be introduced, meaning X and Y will have them patched in (assuming they weren't just hidden somewhere hackers didn't look), I am hoping to see a Mega Glalie AND Froslass (no gender-discriminating megas like Gardevoir) as well as a Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo. Those last two seem quite likely since Archie and Maxie have mega stones.

Except Gardevoir has a 50% chance of being male. XD

But yeah, I'd really love to see both Glalie and Froslass get Megas~

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not (thanks a lot, search), but with Sableye, Swampert, and Sceptile getting megas, I think the other counterparts have a higher chance of getting one as well. By this I mean Machamp, who is Alazakam's counterpart, and to a lesser extent Dusknoir, who's pre evolution is Banette's counterpart.

Also Mega Sableye better keep Prankster.

Mega Sableye is funky. Not something I expected, but its cool. What I've learned from Megas is that the simpler ones are really the best ones, like Kanghaskan. I wonder though, if all the Pokemon with counterparts are getting Megas, does that mean Mega Plusle/Minun? I mean they're like the mascots for double battles, and with the focus on the competitive side to em, it would make sense to put a spotlight on em.

and to a lesser extent Dusknoir, who's pre evolution is Banette's counterpart.
If they were true counterparts, Banette would have an evolution. If anything, Dusknoir getting a Mega Evolution would further ruin the duality. Mega Banette is comparable to Dusknoir itself.

If they were true counterparts, Banette would have an evolution. If anything, Dusknoir getting a Mega Evolution would further ruin the duality. Mega Banette is comparable to Dusknoir itself.

What if they broke the pattern and gave Dusclops A mega-evolution despite having an actual evolution?

Their status as counterparts is debatable, yes. Dusclops and Banette have the same BST, are next to each other in the Pokedex, are both pure ghost types, and (were) both members of a two stage evolutionary line. Dusknoir threw everyfin off upon its introduction, but personally, I still look at the lines as being counterparts to each other. I'll agree that a mega Dusknoir would damage any duality they have, but if they view the lines as being counterparts they may go ahead and do it anyway. Who knows?

It's a simpler situation with Alazakam and Machamp, at least. Not that I care whether or not Machamp gets a mega, myself.

What if they broke the pattern and gave Dusclops A mega-evolution despite having an actual evolution?
They seem intent on only giving megas to final evolutions, which makes sense, and it should really stay that way. Final evolutions are the strongest things in their line (generally), so it wouldn't make sense to give it to a prevo.

That said, Dusclops is a rare case in that it's actually better than Dusknoir....which is the reason I want Dusknoir to get one in the first place. That's quite embarrassing, after all.

In the words of Gurkinn, from X and Y:
"Indeed! Mega Evolution is a transformation of Pokemon that were thought to be unable to evolve any further! It's a whole new level of power!"

Game Freak has intended for only final stage Pokemon to receive a Mega Evolution.

And based on the topic, I really do hope Dusknoir does get a Mega Evolution, if only because it needs that defense boost to out-compete Dusclops (though its defenses will never exceed Eviolite Dusclops).

It would also be nice for Dusknoir to have a better ability than Pressure or Frisk; Cursed Body is a decent ability I can see Mega Dusknoir with off the top of my head, but there are probably more useful abilities for it.

For some reason, Mega Sableye's flavor text leads me to believe it'll get Solid Rock. I hope though it'll get to keep its regular ability, that's what makes people actually use it. (although it doesn't have access to Destiny Bond, unlike Banette).

They'll give it a good ability. They must realise that a Pokemon as weak (in terms of stats) as Sableye, won't be made good with 100 point stat increase unless it's also given a great ability. They did Mawile justice with its Mega so I'm sure they'll realise Sableye needs the same treatment as Mawile, if they want to remove Prankster in favour of a different ability.

There have been 28 Mega Stones discovered to date, but it is said that there are still more Mega Stones to be discovered in the Hoenn region.

Source.

Basically confirms we'll be seeing a set of new megas in Hoenn.

I think we knew it'd happen anyway, but it's nice to have an official confirmation.

10377527_10203362484275677_6441111253866915762_n.jpg

This made me laugh.

So looking at the end of the latest trailer, is it it is safe to say that Diancite (Diancieite? Diancie's Soul Gem?) will be exclusive to OR/AS.

I think I should be slightly miffed about this but since I'm already buying the games it's not a big deal.

Mega Sableye is funky. Not something I expected, but its cool. What I've learned from Megas is that the simpler ones are really the best ones, like Kanghaskan. I wonder though, if all the Pokemon with counterparts are getting Megas, does that mean Mega Plusle/Minun? I mean they're like the mascots for double battles, and with the focus on the competitive side to em, it would make sense to put a spotlight on em.

I sure hope so. However, do you think that , due to their duality wonder-twin like powers, that just maybe they would only be able to Mega-Evolve in each other's presence? I think GF should do that since the two Pikaclones are so closely intertwined with one another.

Or, as an even better idea, one's Mega Evolution will always trigger the other's Mega Evolution. How about them apples?

As cool as that might be, especially since that would mean Mawile and Sableye could get proper evolutions, it would also give GF an excuse to get away with a Mega Pikachu in place of a Mega Raichu. While I might be fond of the original yellow rodent, I don't want Raichu getting botched even further than it has been compared to its pre-evolutions.

So looking at the end of the latest trailer, is it it is safe to say that Diancite (Diancieite? Diancie's Soul Gem?) will be exclusive to OR/AS.

I think I should be slightly miffed about this but since I'm already buying the games it's not a big deal.

It's likely you'll have to download the Diancie in XY and then transfer it over to ORAS to unlock an event that gives the Mega Stone. That's how event Pokemon have worked in the past in regards to unlocking things in future games. At least the transferring over to ORAS will be easier thanks to Pokebank.

It's likely you'll have to download the Diancie in XY and then transfer it over to ORAS to unlock an event that gives the Mega Stone. That's how event Pokemon have worked in the past in regards to unlocking things in future games. At least the transferring over to ORAS will be easier thanks to Pokebank.

Why would you have to transfer something over in the same generation? Can't you just trade Diancie over from XY to ORAS?

Back
Top Bottom