• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you wish Nintendo released EVENTS more often?

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
I know the internet is worldwide but I'm in the U.S. so this is U.S. based. 9 months from the release of X and we still have no Diance news not to mention those other 2 legendaries for X & Y. Unless you kept up to the T with EVENT legendaries you are out of luck! I understand not keeping up with games buy them used or in the case of the OR/AS remakes that is where I'm getting the Gen 3 legendaries (and hopefully some other legendaries that are added into it.)

I got a Mew back in the R/B era from a Pokemon Tour thingy but dropped out of the series until Black and didn't get Black 2 so didn't get the Gen V EVENTS (Did you have to have B/W 2 ONLY? I was confused on that part so never got Genescect Melotta etc.) I can get to a Toysrus and Gamestop locally fine just they release them so sparingly it's crazy. How about an EVENT Legend a month that about covers them all.

Do you give up on the EVENTS and completing your Pokedex? It may be years before they all get rereleased again. If you miss an EVENT item/pokemon you are OUT OF LUCK SORRY!

To put it simply: yes, because it seems like Nintendo doesn't do enough of these events in the United States.

I mannaged to get all event pokemon on a Gamefaqs trade board but that's not the point. The thing is not that they should release events more often but that they should release them worldwide through Wi-Fi more often instead of having to go to a a specific place such as a movie theater or a store, so what i hope is that they make events available through Wi-Fi more often. I really hope there's a Diancie event at OR/AS release and it's through Wi-Fi.

I agree. I believe Mew and Deoxys and Jirachi have seen multiple Japan releases. Even Darkri got a release this year for X/Y yet NOPE not in America. Through Wi-fi would be best. But MORE often too and the same as when Japan is doing them would be preferable. :) We got a Megastone Torchic and a Celebi for Bank if I was Nintendo I'd capitalize on OR/AS and release a special EVENT code for something in those games from the get go or unlocks after National Dex. :)

It would be nice if most events were just released worldwide at the same time. I know not everyone has wi-fi but it seems to be an effective way to distribute events for a lot of exposure. I like that they do wi-fi events now so I don't have to make a trip to Gamestop all the time.

Yes, there really needs to be more events in America. It'd be pretty cool if some events like movie themed events were available on WiFi in countries outside of Japan.

If you don't have wifi go to your local Mcdonald's down to road or Starbucks or Burger King Target, the mall most places have wifi regularly like it's nothing so even if someone by chance doesn't have wi-fi there are options. I agree it would save people from having to go to Gamestop. For me Gamestop is local 5min. away the Toysrus more like 30min. so getting to it within a certain time frame may be tricky. Also can anyone confirm were the Gen V EVENTS ONLY B/W 2 or could I have used my copy of Black? (They only started releasing the EVENT steadily after B/W 2 were released and assumed it was only for those versions so skipped those EVENTS.

If they keep half-assing the events by having a random delivery man give you the Pokemon, and not an event-activating item, they might as well distribute them over wifi. I really don't like the fact all the best distributions take place at Gamestop, a place that I can rarely convince my parents to take me to. (The reason for going there is pretty weak in the eyes of someone who doesn't really care about Pokemon.) And, while the scarcity of events is what makes them very valuable, I do wish they'd come up more frequently! Even though they're not needed for in-game completion and shiny charm, it's still a matter of bragging rights to really catch em all.

While I wish they would be more frequent, as long as they arent required for dex im fine with it.

Also, I wouldnt mind scarce events if more were like arceus/shaymin/darkrai, where you had to go and catch them

What's bugging me is that they've skipped a lot of events last gen that were either really important, or just really nice to have. I mean, here's some things that the U.S. missed last gen:

-14th movie Shiny Hydreigon/Golurk. They really fucked things up with the 14th movie events internationally. Reshiram/Zekrom was late, and we never saw the shinies.
-Lightningrod Pikachu. There was absolutely no way to get Pikachu in 5th gen, and the U.S. was never given one through events. Luckily it was breedable, so this wasn't that hard to get, but still.
-Year of the Dragon shiny egg. I know the Chinese Zodiac isn't popular in the west, but we are aware of it, and they did market it through the TCG, so
-Conquest Shiny Rayquaza. We got Conquest, why not the Rayquaza?
-Genesect. To be fair, we did get Genesect internationally, but they were very strict about it. We missed the 16th movie Genesect, so the only way to get it was to get BW2 within a month of launch. They have never been so restrictive towards event Pokemon, and it wasn't really fair of them to do this.

Honestly, with the worldwide release, they should have worldwide events too. Especially if it's an event Pokemon or something that could only be obtained through events. But even now, I'm worried, because the U.S. didn't get the Electabuzz/Magmar serial code event that happened recently. Come on NoA, stop being so ridiculously stingy!

Oh you think the US has it bad? It does compared to Japan but Britain may get some events the US doesn't but it's still less then what the US has all together! Most of Europe that isn't France gets buggered in terms of events.
All GameFreak needs to do is just release the event Pokemon world wide via wi-fi if it's shop specific because most of Europe, besides France, doesn't have a Pokemon Center to get any events from! But the US is getting a online Pokemon center to maybe they'll do some serial codes but that still means only France, Japan and now the US actually have a Pokemon Center.

I'm not sure about "more" theres only so many
Charizards with special movesets
you can have.
But I would like to see for the event legendaries, on Wifi across the whole world, and also in stores as well for those without wifi.

Also small point sort of related, I'd rather they did an event with an item, so I feel like I am going to collect a special items, or receive a special item, rather than someone just randomly say ive got a gift for you here is God trapped in a Pokeball.

Right now I just want to see new events for event exclusive legendaries from previous generations since they're such a pain for me to get my hands on.

Considering Japan and Korea get the best treatment by far for Pokemon events, definitely Nintendo needs to be more even in terms of events and make ALL impossible to get in-game Pokemon (moves that are impossible, forms that are impossible, Hidden Abilities that are impossible, and species that are impossible, shinies that are impossible) worldwide.

Nobody should get special treatment for impossible to obtain Pokemon or the characteristics of ones I just listed above. I don't mind plain events being local, but they shouldn't pick and choose who gets what otherwise.

Yes, I do. =/ Because I played Pokemon too late, and because I don't have access to 99% of events, I don't have lots of the event pokemon, and if I do, it's all thanks to my beautiful Action Replay. But that doesn't even help, thanks to stupid Pokebank hack check. =/ (Not being mean, but half of my legends (who are pretty legit looking and such), don't even go through and it stinks. D: ) So yeah, having more events would be lovely. :c But time will tell~

More Wi-Fi events? Oh totally yes. Still no event Pokemon outside of Torchic and Celebi for Sydney/Melbourne. Is it really that hard to do anymore, Nintendo of Australia?

If they want to keep regular people interested in the series and promote game sales, they should do events every three months at the beginning of a new generation and make commercials (like they did with Jirachi in HG/SS, which is how I found out about it). Not only would this keep Pokémon in the public eye, it would possibly bring back some of that feverish fandom from the early 00's and it would keep older fans satisfied, as we'd have access to Pokémon we haven't gotten in years, such as Manaphy or Shaymin.

Considering Japan and Korea get the best treatment by far for Pokemon events, definitely Nintendo needs to be more even in terms of events and make ALL impossible to get in-game Pokemon (moves that are impossible, forms that are impossible, Hidden Abilities that are impossible, and species that are impossible, shinies that are impossible) worldwide.

Nobody should get special treatment for impossible to obtain Pokemon or the characteristics of ones I just listed above. I don't mind plain events being local, but they shouldn't pick and choose who gets what otherwise.

Considering that the XY release dates were simultaneous to make it more fair for everyone, they should do the same with these event releases. I always see an event Pokemon announcement in Bulbanews only to have my excitement crushed by the fact it's only in Japan or Korea.

If they want to keep regular people interested in the series and promote game sales, they should do events every three months at the beginning of a new generation and make commercials (like they did with Jirachi in HG/SS, which is how I found out about it). Not only would this keep Pokémon in the public eye, it would possibly bring back some of that feverish fandom from the early 00's and it would keep older fans satisfied, as we'd have access to Pokémon we haven't gotten in years, such as Manaphy or Shaymin.

I don't remember them ever doing commercials for events, but it seems like such a waste of money to make a commercial just for a free download. Now if they mention the event alongside the game, that's a different story because then they give greater incentive for you to go out and buy the game. But after the game is already in everyone's hands? That wouldn't be quite as effective.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom