• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All your base are belong to us (Secret Bases)

Looked through all the screens released today and I'm excited. I have to say, if they really do Secret Bases right, I may really end up breaking my own unwritten rule and buy both versions of the game. My wallet will cry, but it'd be worth it.

It could be that they use "stock" trainers because they can't transfer the customisation data through streetpass or something.
I don't see any reason why that would be the case. The customized 3D models would already be programmed and so it would just be a matter of displaying the model corresponding to the player's selection. If anything, it would be harder to share this data via Wi-Fi, but that isn't the case in XY.

It could be that they use "stock" trainers because they can't transfer the customisation data through streetpass or something.
I don't see any reason why that would be the case. The customized 3D models would already be programmed and so it would just be a matter of displaying the model corresponding to the player's selection. If anything, it would be harder to share this data via Wi-Fi, but that isn't the case in XY.
Either way we're good. Well, I am at least.

If customization through bases: I'm going to put on my fishing gear!
If we become stock trainers: I'm going to be a fisherman!

Fear my all-water team! :D

Either way we're good. Well, I am at least.

If customization through bases: I'm going to put on my fishing gear!
If we become stock trainers: I'm going to be a fisherman!

Fear my all-water team! :D

*RandomEncounter's "Magikarp Song" comes to mind*...

You can bet I will be one of the first sharing my QR code with a nice team consisting of my beloved 6 Blissey's at lv100. *giggle

Right, I was excited with Mega Swampert, but now seeing the artwork and the screenshots for the Secret Bases, I've reached breaking point!!! I loved the secret bases in R/S, and the improved (greatly improved) graphics and this so called 'secret base expert' aren't helping my nerves!!

Plus, the idea of gyms add a great new mechanic which will be great amongst friends, and if Nintendo have really thought this true, they'll include it over Wifi ( which they probably can thanks to those QR codes)!!!

The EXCITEMENT!!

These look really good! I don't think that I could have expected more; qr codes are a sweet bonus!

I'm just hoping they patch these into X and Y as well...

QR codes are what I'm most excited about. Streetpass is nice, but it doesn't work brilliantly outside of Japan, where the population density isn't astronomical. That's not even mentioning New Zealand. QR codes will let me secret base over the internet. :D

The game generates the code, and it'll either create a screenshot of it or upload it to the pgl. I think.

Re: Secret Bases confirmed

Jukebox? I don't see one?
tumblr_n3pzm2LeeR1r36bj2o4_75sq.gif

It's right at the top, between the potted plants, hunty:

secretbase4.jpg

Wait. What? Jukebox in the SB? I never seen that coming before?

One thing I noticed about the picture is that Litwick is confirmed to be in the games. Perhaps Mt. Pyre would work for it?

I'm excited about the pseudo-Gym feature; I've always wanted to run a Gym-esque facility and I even designed my Sapphire Secret Base with a Gym in mind. Also, I hope that the Secret Base jukebox is the OR/AS equivalent of HG/SS's GB Sounds.

I'm sorry to go off topic.. but..

Is that picture is posibbly the customize that WE WILL GET on ORAS??

Secret base sounds cool.... will super awesome if I'm a competitive player... but this game promise ssooo much..

At least three of them are identifiable trainer classes. The back left and center are the Aroma Lady and Rich Boy while I'd say the two on the sides are the school kids. Their designs are fairly similar to the original RSE. Don't know who the back right is.

As of now, it seems like they're going back to using random Trainer Classes to define our NPC--however, this may just be like the PSS where you can choose a Trainer Class icon to identify your player.

Wouldn't be surprised of GF took out trainer customization in these games because god knows their train of logic

Jukebox? I don't see one?
tumblr_n3pzm2LeeR1r36bj2o4_75sq.gif

It's right at the top, between the potted plants, hunty:

secretbase4.jpg

tumblr_n6ktgfFG7T1r36bj2o8_75sq.gif
Oops.

secretbase4.jpg

When I first saw this image, there was one thing I thought of: What's the Geonet doing there? I mean, seriously?

secretbase4.jpg

When I first saw this image, there was one thing I thought of: What's the Geonet doing there? I mean, seriously?

I don't know, but maybe they will give us some furniture to reference the old games. Maybe an an NES?

I think my only other concern for secret bases is how well you can do a "mini-gym" considering the relatively small size of the bases. I've always found the originals a bit too small to have what I want where I want.

I'm pretty sure that mats for Teleport to other rooms/secret bases/place..

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom