• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you enjoy the franchise a lot more now that you're older?

Yeah, I guess I do. While everyone still was crazy about Pokemon when I got into it, it's more enjoyable now. I have access to the internet and can do stuff like this on forums, arrange trades, collect rarities, and give myself some serious challenges like a Nuzlocke and enjoy it. A challenge is a lot more fun if you're very good at the normal game itself, imo. I appreciate the manga waaay more than I did when I was younger. Way back then, I didn't understand the concept of manga- the way it was read, how the pictures had no color, etc. Now, I can read through the original Pokemon Adventures and appreciate the darker themes, the clever battles, the right-to-left reading, and the remarkable artwork.

Last edited:
I feel like I enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid. As a kid, I enjoyed thinking about what I didn't know in the game, but now I just enjoy playing the game and seeing what's in it. Either way I don't believe my enjoyment of the series has changed at all.

I was really obsessed with Pokemon when I was younger, I almost feel bad for talking about Pokemon to everyone I knew. xD I'd say I do like it better, because I feel much more mature and I appreciate every effort everyone put into making Pokemon possible.

I think I liked it more when I was younger, and then when I hit middle school/high school, I just sorta lost interest in it. But then I sorta gained a new appreciation for it after high school. I still like it now, but I think I liked it more when I was in elementary school, & I just sorta gained a more appreciative outlook towards it in my older years.

I'm going to go with both yes and no. On one hand, it's a lot easier to get immersed in a world like Pokemon when you're a kid, and you live in Fictionland near constantly. On the other hand, getting older and learning new things has allowed me to appreciate a lot of design choices and references in the series that may have lost me when I was younger.

I don't know about enjoying it more because I'm older. I think I'm as big a fan now that I was when I was a kid. However, I understand A LOT more about the series because I'm older.

I don't know about enjoying it more because I'm older. I think I'm as big a fan now that I was when I was a kid. However, I understand A LOT more about the series because I'm older.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I love it just as much now, the only difference is that now I understand more than I ever could have when I was a kid.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I love it just as much now, the only difference is that now I understand more than I ever could have when I was a kid.

Same here, as you get older you know all of the Pokemon names and you can easily identify all Pokemon.

Same here, as you get older you know all of the Pokemon names and you can easily identify all Pokemon.

Not just the names of the Pokemon, but the names and effects of the moves, the type advantages, the items, etc.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom