• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I keep seeing people that they completed the living dex on X/Y or BW what is this living Dex??? Is it a new name for the national dex or something?

It's where you literally get every single pokemon in the dex in your PC. I've completed the living dex and I have it in my bank, here's my imgur gallery for further clarification.

With the national dex, you just need the dex entries for every pokemon. You don't need to physically have every pokemon, just get them long enough to get the dex entry. Living dex, you literally obtain every single pokemon (event legendaries, middle evolutions like quilava, etc).

Last edited:

I keep seeing people that they completed the living dex on X/Y or BW what is this living Dex??? Is it a new name for the national dex or something?

It's where you literally get every single pokemon in the dex in your PC. I've completed the living dex and I have it in my bank, here's my imgur gallery for further clarification.

With the national dex, you just need the dex entries for every pokemon. You don't need to physically have every pokemon, just get them long enough to get the dex entry. Living dex, you literally obtain every single pokemon (event legendaries, middle evolutions like quilava, etc).

The link doesnt work, but I think I get the idea.

So you need to have like Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur all in your PC, at the same time?
I used to make fun of my older brother when he used to do this long before it became a thing.

So you need to have like Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur all in your PC, at the same time?
I used to make fun of my older brother when he used to do this long before it became a thing.
For the pokemon that can evolve you only need the final evolution in the PC but you also need to have the previous stages dex entries.

For the pokemon that can evolve you only need the final evolution in the PC but you also need to have the previous stages dex entries.

For National Dex, maybe, but living dex you literally have every single pokemon including the pre evolutions. Link that should hopefully work this time.

It's called a living dex because you are essentially a walking pokedex, you have every single pokemon that is legally obtainable.

For National Dex, maybe, but living dex you literally have every single pokemon including the pre evolutions. Link that should hopefully work this time.

It's called a living dex because you are essentially a walking pokedex, you have every single pokemon that is legally obtainable.
Ah, my bad then, i always thought a Living Dex was having all fully evolved, single stage and legendaries in the PC and the previous stages dex entries.

? About nicknames

I traded over a team from a heartgold game. By the time it got to my X game my Clefable had no nickname. Does the game delete nicknames that it considers vulgar? (I don't know why it considers 'Viola' a vulgar word if this is the case) Is there any way to fix this? I'm somewhat crushed, but it is what it is. Thanks in advance.

Re: ? About nicknames

I traded over a team from a heartgold game. By the time it got to my X game my Clefable had no nickname. Does the game delete nicknames that it considers vulgar? (I don't know why it considers 'Viola' a vulgar word if this is the case) Is there any way to fix this? I'm somewhat crushed, but it is what it is. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if a Pokemon passes through Pokemon Bank with a word that the game considers vulgar, the nickname is removed. There's no way to fix it, Im afraid.

I decide to buy Pokémon Y in a couple of weeks. Say me something if I made a wrong choice.

pece

I decide to buy Pokémon Y in a couple of weeks. Say me something if I made a wrong choice.

pece
There isnt really a wrong choice IMO, its up to what you want. Id suggest looking up version exclusives first to make sure the ones you want will be in the game you choose.

Question, do Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have enhanced graphics in any way on the 3DS? Like higher resolution or added effects etc. ?

pece
There isnt really a wrong choice IMO, its up to what you want. Id suggest looking up version exclusives first to make sure the ones you want will be in the game you choose.

I sure did but really, there is nothing makes me say "Yah, I must buy that!" yet, that's why I've always been stuck for a long, long time. I asked so much places if I should buy X or Y but all people keep saying me "Check this" such things I've known anyway. I simply can not be sure.

Last edited:
Vivillon Pattern Acquisition

Question has probably been asked before, but why not. I just got X and Y and was planning to start my pokemon acquisition by trying to get all the vivillon patterns. If I train a scatterbug caught in someone else game would it be their vivillon pattern? I bred their female vivillon turns into their pattern when evolved?

Last edited:
Re: Vivillon Pattern Acquisition

If you are given a scatterbug from another country it will be that country's pattern when it evolves. I don't know if it's the same for if you breed one of theirs.

If you evolve a Scatterbug from another country, it'll be their native pattern. If you breed their bug though you just get your native pattern.

Can someone answer my graphics question above?

Last edited:

That ghost in the abandoned building at Lumious City that says "You're not the one", is that a post-game mission(just like Looker post-game mission), or just nothing?

Thanks!

That ghost in the abandoned building at Lumious City that says "You're not the one", is that a post-game mission(just like Looker post-game mission), or just nothing?

Thanks!

For now, it's just nothing. I don't think anyone has figured out what that is yet, if it even IS anything.

Question, do Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have enhanced graphics in any way on the 3DS? Like higher resolution or added effects etc. ?

No, they won't have any graphical improvements with the 3DS. However, they can take advantage of the 3DS's better online capabilities.

No, they won't have any graphical improvements with the 3DS. However, they can take advantage of the 3DS's better online capabilities.
You sure about that? (Theory -> ) Online capabilities weren't part of the core DS system specs, they had to be included per cart (thus necessitating game-specific FCs instead of system-specific FCs, and having to config your wifi from within the game instead of at the system level). Ergo, the DS game does not benefit from being played on a 3DS other than connectivity with Pokemon Dream Radar / PokeTransporter.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom