• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I know being connected to the internet, and the person being online at the same time increases the chances of encountering H/A Pokémon in a Friend Safari, but does it further increase shinny encounters?

Both times that I've encountered shinnies right after stepping into the grass (first time, and first Gen VI shinny Hawlucha, second time a Paras) I was connected to the internet. I'm willing to chalk it up to coincidence, but has anyone else experience an increase in shiny encounters (at least in the Friend Safari) when connected to the internet?

Question, do Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have enhanced graphics in any way on the 3DS? Like higher resolution or added effects etc. ?

No, they won't have any graphical improvements with the 3DS. However, they can take advantage of the 3DS's better online capabilities.
You sure about that? (Theory -> ) Online capabilities weren't part of the core DS system specs, they had to be included per cart (thus necessitating game-specific FCs instead of system-specific FCs, and having to config your wifi from within the game instead of at the system level). Ergo, the DS game does not benefit from being played on a 3DS other than connectivity with Pokemon Dream Radar / PokeTransporter.

If I remember correctly, B2W2 were in fact specially designed to work with the 3DS's improved Wi-Fi capabilities (since they were released after the 3DS, I don't think that's too much of a stretch). But now that you mention it, I'm not sure if the original Black/White have the same capability.

If I remember correctly, B2W2 were in fact specially designed to work with the 3DS's improved Wi-Fi capabilities (since they were released after the 3DS, I don't think that's too much of a stretch). But now that you mention it, I'm not sure if the original Black/White have the same capability.
I just checked firsthand and the results are pretty interesting, because apparently Gen V can. If you try to configure your game's wifi settings via a 3DS it tells you to do that from the Internet Settings of your System Settings (something only available on DSi and up). My local wifi point is also WPA2 -- not WEP like DS games expect -- and BW/2 are all able to connect through it (and be notified that the service is discontinued, instead of getting a generic "cannot find/connect to access point" error).

On the S.S. Anne is an old man who says he's part of a (international I think) police force on the hunt for team rocket. Do you think this guy could potentially be Looker's mentor or predecessor? Random fan theory...

I can't get the cable club in Pokémon Blue to work. I have a Gameboy Advance, a Gameboy Advance SP, a link cable, and two copies of Pokémon Blue. I have both games in the same Pokémon Center in Saffron City, and when I have them linked, I talk to the Cable Club lady at the EXACT SAME TIME. What always happens is that one of them says, "Please apply here," and so on, like it is supposed to. But the other one says, "reserved for two people linked by cable," as if it isn't linked. When I switch the ends lf the cable with the Gameboys, the same thing happens, but it is the OTHER one that works, where the one that worked before doesn't. The cable is an after-market KMO 4-way link cable made for the Gameboy Advance that I just bought new and opened today. Can anyone help?

I can't get the cable club in Pokémon Blue to work. I have a Gameboy Advance, a Gameboy Advance SP, a link cable, and two copies of Pokémon Blue. I have both games in the same Pokémon Center in Saffron City, and when I have them linked, I talk to the Cable Club lady at the EXACT SAME TIME. What always happens is that one of them says, "Please apply here," and so on, like it is supposed to. But the other one says, "reserved for two people linked by cable," as if it isn't linked. When I switch the ends lf the cable with the Gameboys, the same thing happens, but it is the OTHER one that works, where the one that worked before doesn't. The cable is an after-market KMO 4-way link cable made for the Gameboy Advance that I just bought new and opened today. Can anyone help?

Believe it or not you need to use an original Game Boy link cable (i.e. not the Advance link cable). Probably has something to do with the original GB's link communications being half-duplex....

Believe it or not you need to use an original Game Boy link cable (i.e. not the Advance link cable). Probably has something to do with the original GB's link communications being half-duplex....

Oooh. I should have guessed. Well, I gotta go on eBay. Thanks for the help! :)

IV Calculator Suggestions (trying to find the most updated & user friendly one)

Hello!

um, I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the correct forum ...please forward this thread to the correct forum if I'm not in the right place. Thank You :)

I often rely on the IV Calculator (for HP breeding) on the MetalKid site because it's updated to 6th gen specs, but my browser has issues loading it due a crappy internet connection.

I own an android tablet and also used many IV Calculator apps and found them either not to be updated to 6th gen specs or just completely unreliable.

Any suggestions regarding a reliable and up to date IV Calculator? (either website or android app)

Thank You For Your Help ^^

Re: IV Calculator Suggestions (trying to find the most updated & user friendly one)

Hello!

um, I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the correct forum ...please forward this thread to the correct forum if I'm not in the right place. Thank You :)

I often rely on the IV Calculator (for HP breeding) on the MetalKid site because it's updated to 6th gen specs, but my browser has issues loading it due a crappy internet connection.

I own an android tablet and also used many IV Calculator apps and found them either not to be updated to 6th gen specs or just completely unreliable.

Any suggestions regarding a reliable and up to date IV Calculator? (either website or android app)

I usually use the one at Psypoke. It's fairly simple to use and hopefully shouldn't be too much of a strain on your connection. It also has all the new Gen VI Pokémon in it.

Re: IV Calculator Suggestions (trying to find the most updated & user friendly one)

Hello!

Serebii has a good one that's up to date with gen 6 pokemon.

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I have a question about the IV checker in Kiloude City. Does he have to say the Pokemon has outstanding potential for the stats he lists off to be perfect? Or can he say they have superior potential with stats that cant be beat and be perfect IVs?

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I have a question about the IV checker in Kiloude City. Does he have to say the Pokemon has outstanding potential for the stats he lists off to be perfect? Or can he say they have superior potential with stats that cant be beat and be perfect IVs?
A pokemon can have max 186 IVs, when he says a pokemon has decent potential it has between 0 IVs and 90, above average it has between 91 and 120, relatively superior it has between 121 and 150 and outstanding potential 151 and 186.

A pokemon can have a stat with 31 IVs regardless of potential and the judge will always say which stats have the highest IV count.

When he has mentioned the stat or stats that have the greatest potential, he then have to say "Stats like those, they simply can't be beat!". If he says that, then you know that the stat or stats he mentioned have 31 IV :)

When he has mentioned the stat or stats that have the greatest potential, he then have to say "Stats like those, they simply can't be beat!". If he says that, then you know that the stat or stats he mentioned have 31 IV :)
Thank you that has made my breeding so much less frustrating now!

Is there any reason not to just Mega Evolve in every battle?

There is that animation you have to go through every time, Mega Evolution is serious overkill in many situations and other non-mega capable pokemon need experience.

Is there any reason not to just Mega Evolve in every battle?

1 - If you prefer the typing/ability of the normal form over its Mega, at least in the current battle (e.g. Absol losing Pressure/Super Luck, or Ampharos acquiring weaknesses to Dragon/Ice/Fairy)

2 - If you have several possible Megas on your team and aren't sure which Mega you want to utilize in the current battle -- remember, if your Mega gets KO'ed you can't send in another Mega to avenge it.

In competitive play especially, you can play mindgames with your opponent by having several potential Megas on your team and keep them worried about which one (if any) will go Mega.

What theme (BGM) is this?

If I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. This is my first time here on the forums.
So I was playing on Pokemon showdown when a theme played. I haven't played the recent Pokemon games so I had no idea what the theme was. It was a really nice theme. I recorded it and uploaded it here: Playing: pkmn.mp3 - picosong
Does anyone know the name of this theme? Thank you so much! :D

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom