• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 31st -- Endgame -- Mafia Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lord of the Rings Mafia -- August 5th -- Night 3 -- Ill Enough

Already, we can see what happens when I even give a hint of information to someone. They go right out and share it with the thread, isn't that right, flip? This is why I refuse to share anything of worth with the public.
Actually, I haven't given any information, other than the fact that you have told me there is someone I can trust. I never stated who, just that fact. That is not sensitive information, nor is it really any kind of information at all that is useful to the town. Please don't make snide comments. It's not very sporting, in my eyes.
Edit: I'm sorry if I sound rude, I just found that comment upsetting. I'd actually rather you just gave me a big FoS, if I'm honest. I like criticism to be upfront, not hidden as that was.

Last edited:

GastlyGibus; what happened to you? Your tone is awful. Calm down.

Look, I'm sorry if my tone is sour right now. I'm just getting sick of doing this in nearly every mafia game I play. I get debated with relentlessly over what is, in my eyes, an insignificant action, and nobody ever understands what I'm trying to say. I end up having to reiterate over and over and explain myself a hundred times because people are either not understanding what I'm trying to say or are just purposefully disregarding it. Playing parrot is not fun; it's actually quite frustrating.

As for me coming to trust you, I already brought up my points against you. So I'll ask you some questions here, again.

1. What, exactly, was your reasoning for lynching Soulmaster?
2. Why did you pursue Forgotten, even though you had already stated that you were feeling he was not lying?
3. And this last question I don't really expect an answer to, but I feel I should ask it anyways. What exactly is your role, and what does it do? As we can see from Forgotten's lynch, your rolename =/= your actual role. Forgotten was a "strongman" that did literally nothing. You claimed you had an extra ability, and now apparently you were lying, so I want to get this matter straight.

Last edited:

@Darman; Tell me how are Beck and I both scum when I pushed for HIS LYNCH and I am still pushing for HIS LYNCH.

NEWS FLASH TO PLAYERS: DISAGREEEING WITH SOMEONE DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE SCUMMY. ITS CALLED BEING AN INDIVIDUAL

@Beck; I wasn't reluctant to claim to GM actually. I had no issue claiming to him. I said there is nothing wrong with not wanting to claim to him. And I know there is a chance of you being town, but my belief that you are scum is higher than any belief I have for you being town. The only belief I have for you being town comes from the strangeness of this game's roles, that is. Other than that, your actions have been scummy as heck, and your defenses are major WIFOM.

@GliscorMan; I never said share everything with the thread. gibs and I just asked for something to make us believe that you were making the right decision and you gave nothing, and we see how well your decision making turned out. Just because you are confirmed does not make you a good leader, or the only player. I don't give a crap about what wiki's say because they just proved themselves wrong with you leading us right into a mislynch. Being confirmed as gibes said does not make you right.

It's not a mafia game without a heated argument, after all. Still.

At the end of the game, I will be posting ratings, and a Best Quotes Of. What you say will continue to exist even after you're done talking.

So: play so you will also enjoy the post-game.

EDIT: Hour-long public cool down. Please don't post for an hour.

@Mido: Well, I've heard of mafias bussing each other. This may or may not be a bus. I am leaning towards may.

EDIT: Thanks for the warning!

Last edited:

@Mido: Well, I've heard of mafias bussing each other. This may or may not be a bus. I am leaning towards may.

EDIT: Thanks for the warning!

There is busting, but not of this level usually or this early when the partner can be saved. Answer me why would I vote my partner over the townie?

GastlyGibus; what happened to you? Your tone is awful. Calm down.

Look, I'm sorry if my tone is sour right now. I'm just getting sick of doing this in nearly every mafia game I play. I get debated with relentlessly over what is, in my eyes, an insignificant action, and nobody ever understands what I'm trying to say. I end up having to reiterate over and over and explain myself a hundred times because people are either not understanding what I'm trying to say or are just purposefully disregarding it. Playing parrot is not fun; it's actually quite frustrating.

It's fine. I can understand your frustration. Not necessarily the tone, albeit, you're not the worst.

As for me coming to trust you, I already brought up my points against you. So I'll ask you some questions here, again.

That's fine, I doubt I would trust myself either, especially after Forgotten flipped Town.

What, exactly, was your reasoning for lynching Soulmaster?

I voted for Soulmaster primarily because I felt that he was our best choice. I felt that, regardless of any other information present. If you think it was a stupid choice, then so be it. It's what my gut told me to do. That being said, I was confident in keeping my vote because I wasn't about to allow a No Lynch. I will always propose a Lynch over a No Lynch, and like I've said in the past, he was our sacrificial lamb. If you don't like that, then I apologize. I chose him in the first place, because he only entered the thread when he had to defend himself. He never once entered the thread on his own whim to ask other players questions. He only made a meager list of reads once Mew prompted him to. That's not good enough for me. If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

Why did you pursue Forgotten, even though you had already stated that you were feeling he was not lying?

As the phase went on, I thought, like everyone else, that it would be ABSOLUTELY STUPID CRAZY of him to claim if he were Mafia. It made no sense. I had an extensive conversation with HD about it on Skype speculating why he would claim. It made no sense. I can quote that conversation, if you need me to. But I wasn't about to lie down and die, because I know that I'm innocent. We were both claiming the same role, so one of us had to be lying, right? And I knew it wasn't me. It made no sense, and I wanted to give Forgotten the benefit of the doubt, but I wasn't going to let myself die. If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

And this last question I don't really expect an answer to, but I feel I should ask it anyways. What exactly is your role, and what does it do? As we can see from Forgotten's lynch, your rolename =/= your actual role. Forgotten was a "strongman" that did literally nothing. You claimed you had an extra ability, and now apparently you were lying, so I want to get this matter straight.

I said I'll answer anything and everything I can (so long as it doesn't force me to break the rules, obviously I can't answer that). My role is Strongman. My alignment is Town. I am effectively a Vanilla Townie. I'm only like a Miller because Strongman is a typical Mafia role, so if investigated by a Rolecop, I would look guilty. I have no additional role, I'm Vanilla. I only claimed, like I said, because I thought (and rightly so) that I was the only other Miller-like role. I tried to draw a Mafia NK or a Mafia Roleblock. My role is exactly the same as Forgotten's. You'll all be surprised how exactly the same it is. But I've probably said too much. If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Sorry, Nick, I was making this post while you asked for an hour of reprieve.

Well, everyone knows the partner's gonna be lynched, so you're bussing him to earn trust. You vote town? Scum scum scum. You hit Mafia? Everyone trusts you.

[QUOTE:Midorikawa]NEWS FLASH TO PLAYERS: DISAGREEEING WITH SOMEONE DOES NOT MAKE SOMEONE SCUMMY.[/QUOTE]
Well, BREAKING NEWS: Disagreeing with a confirmed townie makes you look scummy. Now, some of the Forgotten push was lead by Mafioso. True. However, @GliscorMan; thought Beck was more trustworthy. So we bandwagoned and lynched Forgotten. Now, Mido. It's crunch time. PM me your role, and I'll consider you more townie. Ok? :) I'll claim over a PM to show I'm townie.

All right, look. I have barely told anyone anything, other than what they need to know to effectively use their roles. The only chance of an information leak is if someone is being careless. I have not been careless. I will not be careless and provide information to the public, or to uncleared town members, that could easily give an edge to the Mafia.

If it sounds like I've been getting angry, it's because I am. Your attacks on my integrity sound (to me) more like attacks on my intelligence, because they appear to automatically assume that I'd give information to someone who hasn't been cleared. I request that, on the host's behalf, people stop assuming that because my character is an Ent, my brain must be full of wood.

Beck is scum and should be lynched as soon as possible tomorrow. His only actual argument anymore is WIFOM, as mentioned by Mido. Lynching Forgotten was a test of the claims I had received, which lead me to believe that he was more likely to be Mafia. While it turned out to be the opposite of what I had thought, I've cleared another Townie in the process and effectively bagged a Mafia member. And no, I will not tell you who the confirmed is. They will reveal themselves sometime after the phase is over, and on their own terms.

I am not Mafia. This game's roles are literally batshit crazy, and you'll see exactly what I mean once I'm lynched. But I suppose that argument doesn't hold any weight anymore.

Because my lynch seems to be inevitable, is there anything else that we can focus our time and energy on, @GliscorMan;? I've been messaging players on Skype, trying to generate a discussion, to no avail. If there's anything else that I can do to help our cause any further, please let me know.

My role is Strongman. My alignment is Town. I am effectively a Vanilla Townie. I'm only like a Miller because Strongman is a typical Mafia role, so if investigated by a Rolecop, I would look guilty. I have no additional role, I'm Vanilla. I only claimed, like I said, because I thought (and rightly so) that I was the only other Miller-like role. I tried to draw a Mafia NK or a Mafia Roleblock. My role is exactly the same as Forgotten's. You'll all be surprised how exactly the same it is. But I've probably said too much. If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to ask.
I'm sorry. Are you implying that you have the same character as Forgotten? I'm sorry, I don't believe that.

There is busting, but not of this level usually or this early when the partner can be saved. Answer me why would I vote my partner over the townie?

I laughed too much to get upset.

Look, I'm sorry if my tone is sour right now.

And he didn't see I'd called for a break until after saying this. Beck, you're fine.

Well, BREAKING NEWS: Disagreeing with a confirmed townie makes you look scummy. Now, some of the Forgotten push was lead by Mafioso. True. However, @GliscorMan; thought Beck was more trustworthy. So we bandwagoned and lynched Forgotten. Now, Mido. It's crunch time. PM me your role, and I'll consider you more townie. Ok? :) I'll claim over a PM to show I'm townie.

Careful.

I request that, on the host's behalf, people stop assuming that because my character is an Ent, my brain must be full of wood.

Am I still allowed to speculate? ; )

Next time anyone gets upset, I suggest you sit down and read some of the flavor I've posted. Better: Read the entire book series.

Okay, so now that I've heard Beck again, I'd like to ask @GliscorMan.

While I'm fairly convinced that Beck is scum, you sound 100% confident in your answer. After seeing Forgotten's, Soulmaster's, and my own role too, I can safely say that things are not as they appear to be, and that the intent is for us to be confused. I highly doubt I'll get an answer to this question, considering that you apparently think I'm mafia, but I need to ask anyways.

Is there anything you know, that I don't, that paints Beck as for-sure scum? While I'm inclined to believe he is, I want to be certain.

Now that I'm all caught up:

In response to @GastlyGibus;, why I followed GliscorMan: I'm Townie, I know I'm Townie, so if you'd just suspend your disbelief fo a second and I'll leave you to jusdge how sound this reasoning i after you've read it. I voted Soulmaster in Day 1. His initial argument against CF felt scummy to me, as you can tell I picked up on and voiced my opinion about pretty quickly. That was why I initially voted for him. Beck's insinuation that Soulmaster's scumhunt was actually a scumtell cemented that opinion in my mind, that Soulmaster must be scum. It just made sense given that the scumhunt didn't seem very strong. You can see how well that worked out.

That's why, with my faith in my own reasoning rattled and the knowledge that GliscorMan was confirmed Town, had access to more information than I do and is more experienced, I felt that was good reason to put his reasoning ahead of my own, especially when he claimed Forgotten was most likely scum and that lynching Forgotten would yield valuable information.

Ok. I've flicked through the thread a bit and dug up some posts. In the lynch on Soulmaster on Day 1, Crystal Onix was the first to place an actual, non-RNG vote. He also jumped on the Forgotten bandwagon (though that was the Gliscor thing.) Fishy, fishy. He didn't contribute much in Day 2 either.

That's not to say Beck's off the hook, though. Fact is, both you and Beck have me spooked with your role claims, but GM also considered the same things I gonsidered, and I have to admit, out of the two of us, GM is the more experienced and informed player. My scumdar is still fallible, probably more so than many other people's as shown by the fact that I was certain Soulmaster was scum, and I don't even have a cop role. These are things I have to keep in mind.
Care to elaborate a bit on that? What's so "spooky" about it?

Anyways,

FoS: Crystal Onix
What's spooked me is exactly that, the claim/counterclaim. It didn't sit well that Beck would just up and claim, and it set off more alarms when Forgotten counterclaimed with another role that would read as Strongman. Surely one of them had to be lying. Why would they both read the same. Mafiascum's validation only strengthened my suspicion that at least one of them must be scum.

Is there anything you know, that I don't, that paints Beck as for-sure scum? While I'm inclined to believe he is, I want to be certain.

I have nothing but circumstantial evidence enhancing the already compelling evidence that Forgotten, Beck's counterclaim, was Town.

My role is Strongman. My alignment is Town. I am effectively a Vanilla Townie. I'm only like a Miller because Strongman is a typical Mafia role, so if investigated by a Rolecop, I would look guilty. I have no additional role, I'm Vanilla. I only claimed, like I said, because I thought (and rightly so) that I was the only other Miller-like role. I tried to draw a Mafia NK or a Mafia Roleblock. My role is exactly the same as Forgotten's. You'll all be surprised how exactly the same it is. But I've probably said too much. If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to ask.
I'm sorry. Are you implying that you have the same character as Forgotten? I'm sorry, I don't believe that.

I cannot comment on this. I can't outright nameclaim. But this is exactly why, after having seen Forgotten's role, I don't mind being lynched. It will be another mislynch, but I think it's necessary. Hopefully everything will make a lot more sense when you can all read my Role PM tomorrow.

@Crystal Onix; Well, I still don't 100% trust you, but at least you seem to be a bit more townie now. Thanks for the clarification.

Wow, y'know there are a couple conversations I grow very weary of having in every single game. One of them is "Should we no lynch on Day 1?" and let me just speak for all of us when I say thank goodness we dodged that bullet.

The second one is "If half the town makes a reasonable assumption and it doesn't pan out, should we all sit back and pretend it was the most foolish thing ever in hindsight?"

Look, I can't speak for everyone who voted for Forgotten, but let me say this:

A.) I never claimed that just because GliscorMan was confirmed-Town he was automatically right (it's high time this strawman was retired).

B.) I never suggested we should stop being "individuals" and let GliscorMan play the game for us (again, c'mon).

I know it's highly fashionable in the current Bulba meta to hop on your game theory soapbox and pretend that massclaims are always bad and factoring the advice of confirmed players into your decision making is always just lazy sheeping, but sometimes it's actually optimal play. Now maybe you guys knew more than I did, but from where I was standing I had a confirmed townie, with roleclaims from every player in the game, telling me he'd looked over the evidence he had and that, while he couldn't share it yet, lynching Forgotten would yield the best chance of finding scum.

Cooperating with other players and saying "Ok, I don't have anything better so let's see if your plan pans out" is not unreasonable, it's an integral part of the game. We can't always do our own thing, push our own vanity wagons and refuse to trust or cooperate with anyone, it flies in the face of the whole premise of the game.

So yes, you're right to point out that this lynch didn't pan out, but don't use it as a soapbox opportunity to chastise everyone who made a very reasonable choice with the information they had available to them or, worse still, pretend they've handed the reigns over to one person to play the rest of the game for us - he won't even freaking be with us after 10:00 tonight. We trusted one confirmed player, for one phase, and it didn't work out - but he says the flip still incriminated one player, maybe more (and I will definitely want to know how/why, by the way) and now we move on.

Yeesh.

P.S. For the record, mislynching during the first two phases is hardly unheard of (it's extremely common) and does not "doom" us to failure - especially since our work tomorrow is pretty well cut out for us.

All the Best
I might sound ticked, and I am, but I am still fond of you all
Master Mew

FoS: Midorikawa and GastlyGibus

The way you've completely missed the point of a simple mislynch and turned it into almost a personal battle ("Somehow, the phrase "I told you so" just doesn't seem strong enough" was actually really gross to read) is very dodgy. You're calling people who voted for Forgotten sheep without opinions of their own, and accusing GliscorMan of not knowing what he's doing - of course he isn't infallible but yes, he is acting in what he believes is the town's best interest. Midori's yelling in almost every post doesn't help you at all - how am I supposed to trust you if you're barely affording the other players of the game any respect?

A mislynch is not the end of the world people. Learn from it.

*deep breath*

I have 37 minutes to live. Any final questions? I will answer what I can, and what I feel comfortable doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom