• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

How does one properly use a Drapion? Thinking of using one and want an opinion.

Depends on how you use it. On a mono-psychic team, you can use it as a psychic lure and retaliate w/ a knock-0ff.
In the OU metagame, it is completely..... mmmmm....... not that threatening compared to the other pKmN in the tier.
In the RU metagame (were it is currently at), well since I don't play RU, can't really say much.

As a person who uses the pKmN in and only in my gym, I would say don't use it~ Of course, style points if you do, but overall, it's not that good.
If you really want to use it, i'll give you a link to the smogon's site~ Tells you the set and stuff~ http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/drapion

How does one properly use a Drapion? Thinking of using one and want an opinion.

I've used an Assault Vest Drapion in my Dark Gym out of need for a MGardevoir check, and I would have to agree with JTFX - it's just not worth it in the OU metagame.

My question is regarding Battle Etiquette. I battled someone and swept them using one move and they called me very rude and spamming. Is this true? I was under the impression that Torment had to be used to keep me from using the same move.

Glad to have that cleared up. I was worried I actually did something wrong. That was my first win ever using the new games.

Is the VGC format always doubles or does it change every season? Id like to start playing some VGC but not sure on that

A Moveset for Drought Ninetales?
This is what I currently have:
Solar Beam
Fire Blast
Psyshock
Confuse Ray

Hello. It may be a silly question but. What is the best nature,evs,ability,and moveset for Mega Pinsir? Would it be Jolly, Max atk,max speed,and 4 HP?

A Moveset for Drought Ninetales?
This is what I currently have:
Solar Beam
Fire Blast
Psyshock
Confuse Ray

I would throw on Will-O-Wisp over Confuse Ray. Cuts their attack down so you'll survive longer. Do you have another means to bring out the Sun other than Ninetales? If not, you may want to replace Psyshock with Sunny Day so Ninetales can bring back the Sun in the event that another Pokemon sets up Rain, Ice or Sand. Personally, I'm running a Bulky Ninetales with Heat Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Substitute & Hypnosis/Nasty Plot/Safeguard.

Hello. It may be a silly question but. What is the best nature,evs,ability,and moveset for Mega Pinsir? Would it be Jolly, Max atk,max speed,and 4 HP?

According to Smogon -- Jolly Nature is best. The EV Spread should be 252Atk 4Def(or 4SpDef) 252Spe. You can run a Swords Dance set with Swords Dance, Return, Close Combat/Earthquake, & Quick Attack or just an All Out Attacker set with Return, Feint, Close Combat/Earthquake, & Protect. Smogon breaks it down here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/pinsir

Thanks to Mega Pinsir's ability Return gets turned into a Flying type move and deals 1.3x more damage.

Last edited:
What items would be best for my competitive team that I'm building?

So far I know that;
Gardevoir-Gardevoirite
Umbreon-Leftovers
Roserade-Bigroot

Anyone know that good items that Talonflame, Emolga, and Milotic can use?

So far I know that;
Gardevoir-Gardevoirite
Umbreon-Leftovers
Roserade-Bigroot

If your Milotic has Marvel Scale then I would give it a Flame or Toxic Orb. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that the Flame Orb is a better bet because the Toxic Orb gives you a bad poisoning that increases the damage as time goes on. I think the Flame Orb just gives you a regular burn. I wouldn't worry about halving your Attack since Milotic should be using Special Attacks only.

Emolga is probably best off with Leftovers, but since you can't duplicate items you can't use Leftovers on Emolga. To be honest, Emolga has terrible stats and it probably won't last that long anyway. Maybe give it a Sitrus berry or a Focus Sash so Emolga will hopefully survive at least two turns.

Talonflame has a lot of options: Sharp Beak, Choice Band, Life Orb, or Sky Plate. Life Orb will take some HP away after every time you hit an opponent, Choice Band will lock you in a specific move, and both the Sharp Beak/Sky Plate boost flying moves, but Sky Plate gives it a 20% boost while Sharp Beak only gives 10%.

So far I know that;
Gardevoir-Gardevoirite
Umbreon-Leftovers
Roserade-Bigroot

For Emolga, it depends. If you want to use it as a support mon (set up tailwind, get out) then either Mental Herb (prevents taunt), Focus Sash (if you don't want Emolga to faint after setting up tailwind, which many people actually prefer) or leftovers would be best, and you've already used leftovers. If you want to use Emolga to dish out damage, then the flying squirrel really needs something to boost his dmg as his attacking stats are not the best. So in that case, life orb (it does not live long anyway, with it's frailty) or choice item would be best.

So far I know that;
Gardevoir-Gardevoirite
Umbreon-Leftovers
Roserade-Bigroot

If your Milotic has Marvel Scale then I would give it a Flame or Toxic Orb. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that the Flame Orb is a better bet because the Toxic Orb gives you a bad poisoning that increases the damage as time goes on. I think the Flame Orb just gives you a regular burn. I wouldn't worry about halving your Attack since Milotic should be using Special Attacks only.

Emolga is probably best off with Leftovers, but since you can't duplicate items you can't use Leftovers on Emolga. To be honest, Emolga has terrible stats and it probably won't last that long anyway. Maybe give it a Sitrus berry or a Focus Sash so Emolga will hopefully survive at least two turns.

Talonflame has a lot of options: Sharp Beak, Choice Band, Life Orb, or Sky Plate. Life Orb will take some HP away after every time you hit an opponent, Choice Band will lock you in a specific move, and both the Sharp Beak/Sky Plate boost flying moves, but Sky Plate gives it a 20% boost while Sharp Beak only gives 10%.

I went team testing on Pokemon show down, Emolga has the life orb and knows roost. Roost helped Emolga last longer when healing after a turn or two. On the second battle, it lasted for 6 turns as long there's other Pokemon there to support it. Iron tail helped protect Umbreon from fairy types.

I always use the sharp beak on Talonflame, now I'll use the sky plate on it.

Sharp Beak and Sky Plate both give a 20% boost (Sharp Beak gave 10% prior to GenIV), so which one to use is only a matter of what you want to see in a pop-up message when your TFlame is hit by a Knock Off :D

Sharp Beak and Sky Plate both give a 20% boost (Sharp Beak gave 10% prior to GenIV), so which one to use is only a matter of what you want to see in a pop-up message when your TFlame is hit by a Knock Off :D

Ah I must have reading the details from a previous generation then. I thought it was odd that they were suggest them interchangeably if Sharp Beak only had a 10% boost. Glad Emolga is working out for you, Kirby.

It's a damage calc but I don't know how to factor in type change so goes here I guess.

How much does a Thunderbolt from M-Manectric do to an Eviolite 252HP Murkrow after Roost?

It's a damage calc but I don't know how to factor in type change so goes here I guess.

How much does a Thunderbolt from M-Manectric do to an Eviolite 252HP Murkrow after Roost?

0 Damage. Murkrow will never outspeed an M-Manectric ever. Even at Max+ Speed carrying a Choice Scarf. The damage that will always happen is as follows:

252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Murkrow: 390-462 (120.7 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO

M-Manectric will OHKO a Murkrow no matter what.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom