• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Effects Emporium (Avatars & Signatures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJeff

Love, Money, Rock n Roll
Reaction score
[div="background: url("http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=95610&d=1407383429"); width: 1600px; height: 1100px;"]
The Effects Emporium
I welcome all to the Effects Emporium!
If your in need of a new look, you came to the right place! Here, you can request a form for an Avatar or Signature!
tl;dr: I do Avatars and Signatures.

Well lets just go straight to the point! To me, I think the best Avatars are one's w/ one focal point. Wallpaper and Certain Images are best when making an Avatar. To begin the process of making an Avatar, what I do is look at background or images that looks quite fascinating, then cropping it to the appropriate size, maybe even adding some effects, and that's pretty much it. Due to its low size (120 x 120), I don't think its necessary to make huge adjustments or additions to the picture. When requesting, plz be very specific on what you would like for me to do w/ the image.

Example 1:Fanart / Image to Avatar FX: None, simple cropping
Example 2:Background to Avatar FX: Blurring the Outside of the Scope to make the viewer focus on whats inside it
Example 3:Fanart / Image to Avatar 1 or Avatar 2 FX: Round Corners / Stroke
Examples List:
Plz Note: I double or even triple the size of the Avatar so the work space will be easier to work on. (i.e. (120 x 120) (240 x 240) (most avatars will be 240 x 240 pixels)
When applying the Avatar on Bulbagarden, it will automatically resize the image. If needed I can always re-size the finalized image to make it work. I do not do GIFS.

jz98uxr.png
NDqveMN.png
TnkfUdK.png
IPixEwD.png

My Personal Portfolio for Avatars: members/74253/albums/5849/

Signatures:
Signatures are pretty much Wild Cards depending on who makes them. You can get a basic or plain one, an advanced one, one that advertises your shop, or maybe one that just looks good. Same concept that goes with my Shop. When requesting you have to be specific on what you would like~ You can select one from the examples and perhaps I can duplicate the form or style of the Sig. You can show me what images you would like on the Sig. You can tell me to make it lead to more than 1 link. You can even tell me to do all of the above. When doing Signatures, I like to keep it Fresh~ A New Sig, A New Approach.
Exmaple List:
Plz Note: You do not have to credit me on the Signature. I do not do GIFS.

fWsEXs7.png

s4gLPOn.png

gAjJ1GN.png

jvNXqxd.png

27i53Sp.png

gz5ATyG.jpg

My Personal Portfolio for Signatures: members/74253/albums/5891

General / Requesting Rules / Form
General / Requesting Rules
1. Your account must be more than 1 month old on the Bulbagarden Forums. This is to prevent proxy accounts and log-in and never go back on again accounts.
2. Wait at least 1 week before your request appears.
3. You can only request Once Per Week w/ a total of 3 Requests per Month.
4. Be patient, and don't rush me. If you rush me, i'll purposely troll you.
5. I have the right to reject and decline any Request.

Form
1. No Form Required. Just be creative and let your imagination go wild!...when requesting
2. Freestyle. This is were you become un-creative and just let me do everything for yah~! No promises granted~

Completed Requests

eFdN9Ag.png

Signatures

fLkofbh.png

xzBszUQ.png

bRdAiZ9.png

kmqFioG.png

PdUv6XU.png

[/div]

Last edited:
I really need to stop using web-art for avatars, so I figgure I'll request something here not that this is much of a change, but hey, what are you going to do?, I just have one question though: is a picture(s) for you to work from a requirement or can I just describe something and you can have a go at making it a reality?

I really need to stop using web-art for avatars, so I figgure I'll request something here not that this is much of a change, but hey, what are you going to do?, I just have one question though: is a picture(s) for you to work from a requirement or can I just describe something and you can have a go at making it a reality?

I always work w/ an image, so a picture is required~ Whether, you give me one or more pictures, is up to you. Out of the pictures, I can choose 1 to work w/ and that will be your Avatar. Whats even more fun is that I can even choose none of them and use a better picture that I find more suiting~ Of course w/o the client's permissions~ ;) But at the end, i'll always try to put a smile each time you look at the left side of your screen~ and come on, Don't you trust me~?

I always work w/ an image, so a picture is required~ Whether, you give me one or more pictures, is up to you. Out of the pictures, I can choose 1 to work w/ and that will be your Avatar. Whats even more fun is that I can even choose none of them and use a better picture that I find more suiting~ Of course w/o the client's permissions~ ;) But at the end, i'll always try to put a smile each time you look at the left side of your screen~ and come on, Don't you trust me~?

...Define "trust." :) Anyway, since I have to supply an image, I guess that's what I'll do. *Two hours wading through the murky sea that is Gardevoir-related fan-art later.* It took a while, but I found an image that is A: not the genrel internet's veiw on Gardevoir (you know what I mean *shudder*,) and B: something I'd actually like to use as an avatar:

gardevoir_by_ray_kbys-d58i2qm.jpg

As for what I would like you to do with that image, could you please 1: crop it so that all the green parts are in the picture with a little bit of room to spare, 2: give it barely-noticable rounded corners and 3: give it an outline that has the colour sceme of-guess who-Gardevoir; half green and half red, preferably with the halves meeting in the top left and bottom right corners (thougth if you can't or won't do halves, just fill the outline with whichever colour of Gardevoir's colour sceme you think would work best.)

...Define "trust." :) Anyway, since I have to supply an image, I guess that's what I'll do. *Two hours wading through the murky sea that is Gardevoir-related fan-art later.* It took a while, but I found an image that is A: not the genrel internet's veiw on Gardevoir (you know what I mean *shudder*,) and B: something I'd actually like to use as an avatar:

As for what I would like you to do with that image, could you please 1: crop it so that all the green parts are in the picture with a little bit of room to spare, 2: give it barely-noticable rounded corners and 3: give it an outline that has the colour sceme of-guess who-Gardevoir; half green and half red, preferably with the halves meeting in the top left and bottom right corners (thougth if you can't or won't do halves, just fill the outline with whichever colour of Gardevoir's colour sceme you think would work best.)

Imma give it to you straight buddy~ I honestly can't make a good avatar w/ that. It's a really nice picture tho.
But on the other hand~! I do deliver~! I couldn't find any good images of Gardevoir.
If you find 1 desirable, I can always fix one of them wether if one is too blurry or doesn't have any FX. (hehe)
Other than that, thank you for requesting at the Effects Emporium~! My name is Jeff, and I am out~! Woosh~!

BISehSW.png
4jzurTl.png
6AMQOo0.png
NA1KgFf.png
Rxi3eDh.png

eFdN9Ag.png
8gicQbh.png
jzEsw9M.png
pnMTYKF.png
tTFi4TE.png

Last edited:

Imma give it to you straight buddy~ I honestly can't make a good avatar w/ that. It's a really nice picture tho.
But on the other hand~! I do deliver~! I couldn't find any good images of Gardevoir.
If you find 1 desirable, I can always fix one of them wether if one is too blurry or doesn't have any FX. (hehe)
Other than that, thank you for requesting at the Effects Emporium~! My name is Jeff, and I am out~! Woosh~!

BISehSW.png
4jzurTl.png
6AMQOo0.png
NA1KgFf.png
Rxi3eDh.png

eFdN9Ag.png
8gicQbh.png
jzEsw9M.png
pnMTYKF.png
tTFi4TE.png

No offence, but I see what you mean...Thanks for trying to make a good one anyways, see you some other time.

Id like a banner which is like the "JustTheFX" Banner please, Except where that face is could i have a trainer sprite of Gold/Ethan? And make the banner say "Liquid Stains"

If you cant or are too busy i understand :)

Id like a banner which is like the "JustTheFX" Banner please, Except where that face is could i have a trainer sprite of Gold/Ethan? And make the banner say "Liquid Stains"

If you cant or are too busy i understand :)

None sense good lad! I always shall accept or reject a request! Let us begin shall we!
Due to Ethan's low popularity; compared to other pKmN characters, I will be limited w/ few images. I have selected images that best be fitting for the signature shown in the spoiler below~ And to make sure, you would like a similar signature just as the 1st example shown in the "Signature Category"?

And do not fray~ My Photoshop magic will take care of the the unwanted stuff. Just1Simple question~ Which Ethan image do you like the best?
1st)
3tnXuae.png
2nd)
3yID3aq.jpg

3rd)
hmvkE1C.png

Im not too keen on any of them to be honest, what about this image?
Spr_EthanHGSSstart.png

Edit: Cant edit my post through tapatalk, and yes, i meant the top image :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not too keen on any of them to be honest, what about this image?
Spr_EthanHGSSstart.png

Edit: Cant edit my post through tapatalk, and yes, i meant the top image :)

DECLINED! I refuse to even touch Sprites and 8-Bit Art. Its such disgusting works. Welcome to the 21st Century Picaso! This is 2014, go to a Sony store and see what we have now.
But don't worry! I did try to make you a signature but it just looks plain disgusting! (i.e. spoiler) I would never use that as my signature! I shall make the signature as many times until I am satisfied w/ one that I like!
goWr5k8.png

Id like a picture where it is gold by himself.

But thats still good! Il probably use that until there is a picture of Gold himself :)

@Polaris
I really dislike using the same technique on many signatures. Gets kinda bland as you can see~ But it sure does look nice~
I can also add or remove something if needed~ 2 Signatures~ Hope u like them~
And as always, thanx for requesting!

goWr5k8.png

fLkofbh.png

Could I request a banner, please! Can the banner shape be similar to the "White Crow" example with "The Once and Future Champ" written on it. As an image, could we possible put in a cool-looking Trainer, but I'll leave it up to you!! You've got the creative instinct!!

@Airt
Delivery~

Just like the White Crow Sig! The Text kinda confused me also. It wud be best w/ just 1 or 2 'Words'; such as a username, instead of a phrase. I tried playing w/ the text font but I couldn't find anything that would fit the phrase.
But anyways~ Hope you like it!
PS: I can also change anything on the signature if bothering you or it just feels un-pleasant~ Just let me know and i'll fix it!

hTigcsp.png
Once at the left​
One is reversed~
sh47fVv.png

Freestyle~
xzBszUQ.png

Last edited:
They are brilliant!! Absolutely brilliant!! Thanks very much, I'm thrilled with that!!

I would like to request a banner please! You can freestyle most of it, I just ask for Akira Takizawa and Saki Morimi for Eden of the East to be on there, Thanks!

@Meow Wow

Delivery~

Pretty tough request I would say~ Usually, the more popular the anime, the more materials that are available to me~ But I made to the 1 week deadline so its all good!
I made it more romantic and simple cuz once again, had no good images to work w/~ Morevoer, I can always make changes and add few touch up if you want me too~
Welp, hope you enjoy the banner~

bRdAiZ9.png

g46O7lV.png

Don't know why its looks better 2x the size ._.
lzx99IE.png

It's lovely! I'm sorry about choosing something so hard to fine, but you did a great job!

I would like to make a Signature request if thou art accepting.
Do you think you could get any muse for freestyling a "Matryoshka" Miku Sig with FC? I am looking for a "slightly crazy" feel like from the vid, but I am not really that picky.
I think is a decent source pool with it having it's own knowyourmeme page and all, but if not let me know and I can think of another.

I would like to make a Signature request if thou art accepting.
Do you think you could get any muse for freestyling a "Matryoshka" Miku Sig with FC? I am looking for a "slightly crazy" feel like from the vid, but I am not really that picky.
I think is a decent source pool with it having it's own knowyourmeme page and all, but if not let me know and I can think of another.

You got it! But may I ask what is thy FC? and would you only just like Crazy Miku in the sig? or perhaps more Matryoshka such as Gumi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom