• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro reveals Mega Gallade, Sharpedo, Camerupt: Primal Groudon and Kyorge's Abilit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
CoroCoro reveals Mega Gallade, Sharpedo, Camerupt: Primal Groudon and Kyogre's Abilities revealed

Images of this month's issue of CoroCoro Comic have surfaced, revealing three new Mega Evolutions and more information about Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CoroCoro reveals Mega Gallade, Sharpedo, Camerupt: Primal Kyorge and Groudon's Ab

So, not only is Gallade getting a Mega Evo, but Wally will be in control of that form. Guess they're changing Wally's main Mon in these games. While not the most favorable idea, as Wally made Gardevoir who it is today, I suppose it makes sense, seeing how he always catches a male Ralts. Well, at least that means that both Gardevoir and Gallade have Mega Evos now, so that probably balances things out for them. Not to mention that they look very similar now, both sporting pretty much the same color scheme and basic frame. Speaking off Wally, I rather like his redesign. Simple, yet effective, and still having a bit of homage to his original self. Not bad.

Moving on, Mega Sharpedo looks like a cross between a double-edged saw and a shark (that snout in particular), plus they went a little crazy with the yellow markings, while Mega Camerupt does look cooler (or should I say "hotter") than its normal form. But both look pretty impressive regardless. I'm leaning more toward Mega Sharpedo, though, as it has the ability Strong Jaw, and with all the biting moves it learns, that'll pay off big time, especially a STAB Crunch. Plus they'll be used by their respective team leaders, so that should make things interesting, seeing Mega Evo in the hands of Trainers other than rivals and champions.

Hmm... Land of Endings and Sea of Beginnings. I nice tie-in to their respective game titles (Alpha = Beginning, Omega = Ending). Wonder what that'll translate into when the dubbed version appears. Hopefully something decent, so it doesn't lose its connection to the games. Just an off-hand guess, but I suspect that those abilities will be permanent weather conditions, especially since their original abilities have been nuked, which means I can see them appearing in Sunny Day/Rain Dance teams pretty easily (unless, of course, they're banned from official tournaments, which is highly possible).

Overall, not a bad update.

Re: CoroCoro reveals Mega Gallade, Sharpedo, Camerupt: Primal Kyorge and Groudon's Ab

Groudon and Kyogre''s abilities... No. Just no.

But anyways.... YES MEGA GALLADE YES YES YES My thoughts though... The design is alright. I didn't study it, but it looks pretty neat. Camerupt can die in a hole for all I care, it's hideous. Sharpedo looks great, and I can already see a strategy for the thing.

Turn 1: Protect. Speed Boost.
Turn 2: Try to kill something. If it fails, sorry, you're dead. If you do, more speed for you.
Turn 3. Mega Evolve. Do something, IDK.
Turn 4. ???
Turn 5. Profit!

Glad to see Gallade gets a Mega Evolution, even if it does just look like regular Gallade forgot to change out of it's pajamas. I'm guessing they gave Gallade to Wally because of Diantha having Gardevoir in XY. Mega Sharpedo is clearly based on a sawfish, but... jeez... the way they did it looks horrendous. Mega Camerupt just looks fluffier now. Some of these new Mega Evolutions are definitely not as impressive as the originals we saw. They almost seem... lazy.

As for the new abilities, I like them. With Sun and Rain ending 5-8 turns now, I agree these new abilities will be perpetual (hence the descriptions of "Intense" and "Heavy"). Probably further reduce the effectiveness of attacks too; Maybe Intense Sun gives an even bigger boost to fire moves and cuts water damage down to one-quarter of normal, with Heavy Rain doing the opposite.

Glad to see Gallade gets a Mega Evolution, even if it does just look like regular Gallade forgot to change out of it's pajamas. I'm guessing they gave Gallade to Wally because of Diantha having Gardevoir in XY. Mega Sharpedo is clearly based on a sawfish, but... jeez... the way they did it looks horrendous. Mega Camerupt just looks fluffier now. Some of these new Mega Evolutions are definitely not as impressive as the originals we saw. They almost seem... lazy.

As for the new abilities, I like them. With Sun and Rain ending 5-8 turns now, I agree these new abilities will be perpetual (hence the descriptions of "Intense" and "Heavy"). Probably further reduce the effectiveness of attacks too; Maybe Intense Sun gives an even bigger boost to fire moves and cuts water damage down to one-quarter of normal, with Heavy Rain doing the opposite.

To be clear, "intense sunlight" is the official name of the condition created by Sunny Day and Drought. "Heavy rain" is just an alternate name for "rain". These Abilities have not been indicated to create different kinds of weather.

Bleh, pretty disappointing reveal for something so late in the news cycle. Is there anything here that we didn't see coming a mile away?

Excited for Mega Sharpedo!

Mega Camerupt kinda looks like a furry, fiery Shellos. He doesn't even look like a camel anymore.

I like Mega Camerupt and Mega Gallade okay but Mega Sharpedo is a bit of a let down design wise for me. I am glad its getting a Mege Evolution since it did need one but it nose is so long it kind of makes it look silly I think.

I think primal groudon and kyogre will be tied with the life/death theme of the gen VI. The ability sea of begginings might be related to the fact that life began in the water. Land of endings might be related to the fact life will end when sun become a red giant star . So:
Xerneas: life of some individuals
yveltal: death of some individuals,
kyogre: beggining of life on earth
groudon: ending of all life on earth( except for groudon itself, maybe)

To be clear, "intense sunlight" is the official name of the condition created by Sunny Day and Drought. "Heavy rain" is just an alternate name for "rain". These Abilities have not been indicated to create different kinds of weather.

"The English name of Primal Groudon's Ability is Desolate Land; this Ability creates extremely harsh sunlight, which causes Water-type moves to fail in addition to the effects of intense sunlight. The English name of Primal Kyogre's Ability is Primordial Sea; this Ability creates oppressive heavy rain, which causes Fire-type moves to fail in addition to the effects of rain. Both Abilities create weather that lasts as long as Primal Groudon or Kyogre remains on the field, but will disappear as soon as that Pokémon is switched out. They also cause the moves Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Sandstorm and Hail to fail, and the Abilities Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream and Snow Warning to fail to activate."

So yeah... looks like I was pretty much right?

"The English name of Primal Groudon's Ability is Desolate Land; this Ability creates extremely harsh sunlight, which causes Water-type moves to fail in addition to the effects of intense sunlight. The English name of Primal Kyogre's Ability is Primordial Sea; this Ability creates oppressive heavy rain, which causes Fire-type moves to fail in addition to the effects of rain. Both Abilities create weather that lasts as long as Primal Groudon or Kyogre remains on the field, but will disappear as soon as that Pokémon is switched out. They also cause the moves Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Sandstorm and Hail to fail, and the Abilities Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream and Snow Warning to fail to activate."

So yeah... looks like I was pretty much right?
Yeah, looks like I was wrong. The Japanese text did actually say "very intense sunlight" and "heavy rain", but I missed that.

Re: CoroCoro reveals Mega Gallade, Sharpedo, Camerupt: Primal Groudon and Kyorge's Ab

Hhhmmm what do you all think of these weather conditions? Sound pretty epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom