• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

yet we have all Menu Sprites (barring M. Lucario and M. Aggron) and 3D trainer models.
Uh, I don't think we have any 3D Trainer models... At the very least, we certainly don't have all of them. Unless they're just sitting unused in the Archives.

150px-VSSerena.png

Yes, we do. They're on every person who has them's page. What we don't have are the overworld models and the Pokémon models.

yet we have all Menu Sprites (barring M. Lucario and M. Aggron) and 3D trainer models.
Uh, I don't think we have any 3D Trainer models... At the very least, we certainly don't have all of them. Unless they're just sitting unused in the Archives.

150px-VSSerena.png

Yes, we do. They're on every person who has them's page. What we don't have are the overworld models and the Pokémon models.
Oh. Since you said "all", I thought you were talking about all the Trainer classes, and their (3D) "overworld models".

On the Headbutt page, I'm not sure if two subpages are really necessary since it is a little much and most of the move pages only contain one subpage. The TwitchPlaysPokémon one, I understand why it has more than one subpage.

One fix:

Staryu & Starmie.

Episode appearances:

It states under minor appearances that Staryu appeared in the 22nd episode of the XY series, Going for the Gold! with "Starmie's colorization."

I watched the episode just now and it is in fact Starmie that appears, not Staryu. And it definitely wasn't a Staryu with Starmie's design or color.

Hi - just joined the forum to report something interesting. Bulbapedia says you need 16 badges to catch Articuno in HeartGold. I just caught one in the usual location with 12 badges only. I only have the Cascade, Thunder, Soul, and Volcano badges in Kanto. Let me know if there's a better forum to report / discuss this.

Could someone give a full and clear explanation for why editing is locked? Just "the ORAS demo was hacked and 'information' was leaked" isn't much of an explanation. I looked around a bit, and I guess the demo had some data about Hoopa again. Is that any or all of the reason?

The demo contains information such as the learnsets for every species, their models, character mugshots/artwork, items, etc. Nintendo did not take kindly to people posting XY information from street date breaks a mere couple of weeks before the XY release date, we simply do not want anything to do with information that has been accessed illegitimately from the demo over a month before the ORAS release date.

So that means this lockdown of the wiki will continue all the way until ORAS is released then? (And I suppose for a while after, so staff can update pages like when X/Y was released.) If the time frame is a whole month, I really start to wonder whether it wouldn't be worth the effort for staff to lock only the specific pages (however many it may be) that might be troublesome and let people continue editing the majority of the wiki normally.

Edit: Heck, maybe you can just let people apply for editing privileges and approve anyone who asks so long as they (explicitly) agree to just not edit ORAS stuff until the games are released. Then if anyone violates that agreement you could just revoke those privileges, and once the wiki is formally unlocked, everyone will automatically regain their normal privileges.

Last edited:
One fix:

Staryu & Starmie.

Episode appearances:

It states under minor appearances that Staryu appeared in the 22nd episode of the XY series, Going for the Gold! with "Starmie's colorization."

I watched the episode just now and it is in fact Starmie that appears, not Staryu. And it definitely wasn't a Staryu with Starmie's design or color.

Can you check the Errors section of the XY022 article to see if it's the same scene your talking about because that looks like a purple Staryu to me

Hi - just joined the forum to report something interesting. Bulbapedia says you need 16 badges to catch Articuno in HeartGold. I just caught one in the usual location with 12 badges only. I only have the Cascade, Thunder, Soul, and Volcano badges in Kanto. Let me know if there's a better forum to report / discuss this.

I've removed the note

So that means this lockdown of the wiki will continue all the way until ORAS is released then? (And I suppose for a while after, so staff can update pages like when X/Y was released.) If the time frame is a whole month, I really start to wonder whether it wouldn't be worth the effort for staff to lock only the specific pages (however many it may be) that might be troublesome and let people continue editing the majority of the wiki normally.

Edit: Heck, maybe you can just let people apply for editing privileges and approve anyone who asks so long as they (explicitly) agree to just not edit ORAS stuff until the games are released. Then if anyone violates that agreement you could just revoke those privileges, and once the wiki is formally unlocked, everyone will automatically regain their normal privileges.

That is correct, we generally aim to be up within two weeks of a release but due to this not being a new generation it may be sooner. Only the specific pages is any pages relating to the games pretty much which in itself is over 800 pages, and it isn't a process that can be done automatically, each protection has to be manually done.

Staff are currently in discussion of users to allow to edit, this started just before the lockdown, and was meant to be done prior to it. But then the ORAS Demo leak happened, and we had to lockdown early as Kogs said above. There is no time frame for this, it will happen when it happens.

The TCG and anime pages have no relevancy to ORAS, they should really be unlocked. And user talk pages too; I don't want to have to send an email just to tell somebody I caught a typo they missed.

See above

How does one become editlock-exempt? There's like 5 people who have these rights.

Similarly to how new staff members are decided, the staff looks at users in good standing who they think would be helpful, and then we discuss who we think should get the user right. There aren't any applications or anything like that.

Anyone who is currently editlock-exempt was added during the last editlock. There are very few people with the userright because these are editors who have had the right since last year, because a few users either had it taken away due to activity or were promoted to regular staff, and, for prior editlocks, users had been given temporary junior admin status which was then taken away pretty soon after the editlock ended.

Official sources for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire seem to prefer the abbreviation "ΩRαS" as opposed to "ORAS".

Should we use ΩRαS for templates that feature abbreviations such as [bp]Template:Sup/6[/bp] and [bp]Template:G6ievent[/bp]? For simplicity's sake, the parameters associated with it can stay the same.

It's not a huge deal, but something that's bothered me since X and Y is the Trainer Party Templates with the Trainer Sprites/Mugshots. In several mugshots sometimes the artwork overlapping the border and it makes it look a little silly. It'd be nice if the cell had a fixed width so that the whole image fits in the cell without it overlapping the border. Although this would create a lot of empty space in the case of sprites, unless instead of a fixed width their was padding instead which would probably make it easier.

Official sources for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire seem to prefer the abbreviation "ΩRαS" as opposed to "ORAS".

Should we use ΩRαS for templates that feature abbreviations such as [bp]Template:Sup/6[/bp] and [bp]Template:G6ievent[/bp]? For simplicity's sake, the parameters associated with it can stay the same.

I'd likely stick to ORAS, as it's more clear to the readers than using the omega and alpha symbols.

Hey guys!

Just a small issue I noticed today: Unlike with other pokemon species, when you type in "Barbacle" in the Search bar, you aren't taken directly to Barbacle's species page. Instead, you're taken to Search Results with only one article as a result: XY052

Barbacle's page doesn't show up as an option, and to add insult to injury, you are asked: Did you mean Barnacle? :p

Hey guys!

Just a small issue I noticed today: Unlike with other pokemon species, when you type in "Barbacle" in the Search bar, you aren't taken directly to Barbacle's species page. Instead, you're taken to Search Results with only one article as a result: XY052

Barbacle's page doesn't show up as an option, and to add insult to injury, you are asked: Did you mean Barnacle? :p

That would be because the species name is [bp=Barbaracle]Barbaracle[/bp], not Barbacle. The cases of "Barbacle" on XY052 were both typos, which Force Fire and I have fixed.

Hey guys!

That would be because the species name is [bp=Barbaracle]Barbaracle[/bp], not Barbacle. The cases of "Barbacle" on XY052 were both typos, which Force Fire and I have fixed.
Oh geez, nevermind then! That's on me. :p

Back
Top Bottom