• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY052: Ninja Arts Showdown! Gekogashira VS Gamenodes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ewrl0rJ.png
(from Chao)
"In the middle of a fierce battle, Keromatsu's form is changing!?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Upcoming XY episodes - Barbaracle, Sanpei & Greninja / Froakie's possible evoluti

It seems that the series is starting to pick up the pace. Ash's previous starters evolved more than 60 episodes after their introduction (if at all).

It doesn't seem that they'll let the ORAS promotion slow them down, either. Shiftry will be featured alongside Barbaracle rather than getting its own episode.

Last edited:
Re: Upcoming XY episodes - Barbaracle, Sanpei & Greninja / Froakie's possible evoluti

Good to see that Keromatsu is evolving. I think we've all gathered that he would but to see it earlyish in the series is hopeful.

I'm really not massive on Sanpei coming back but eh. He'll benefit Keromatsu's skills anyway.

Sanpei can easily be Ash's rival, seeing how it was hyped that way when he appeared.

Finally! If so bring back the old couple (XY015), Miette (XY026), the Princess (XY018), and Korrina!

Last edited:

Wow, Froakie is actually evolving!!! Ash's first WATER-type since Krabby is evolving!

I am honestly surprised that it is evolving this early. Treecko, who got far more screentime and gym battles in its respective series, didn't evolve into Grovyle until after the 4th badge (around AG066).

Other good news. Dark Hawlucha implies Shiny Hawlucha.

I know it would happen, but I'm surprised Keromatsu is evolving before the second film. I guess Gekogahshier will evolve some time late 2015 or early 2016 then...

I'm a little surprised that it's evolving this early, but then again, the series does feel like it's starting to move at a quicker pace, so it only makes sense that the evolutions and such keep up. They're almost at the 5th gym now, so I think it's expected to see more Pokemon evolving in the coming episodes.

I wonder if the COTD's Barbaracle will use its Razor Shell attack like a kunai.

It'd be pretty sweet to see Sanpei's Greninja and the Barbaracle fight using Water Shuriken and Razor Shell, respectively.

They're almost at the 5th gym now, so I think it's expected to see more Pokemon evolving in the coming episodes.

Ash and co. are not even at the fourth gym yet, and based on the amount of time between the 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gym battles it could take a while before Ash battles Ramos.

They're almost at the 5th gym now, so I think it's expected to see more Pokemon evolving in the coming episodes.

Ash and co. are not even at the fourth gym yet, and based on the amount of time between the 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gym battles it could take a while before Ash battles Ramos.

Oh, I had a brain fart and thought Clemont's gym was fifth for a minute.

been waiting a decade for Ash to evolve a water type that isn't the crab

it's fucking happening

It seems that the series is starting to pick up the pace. Ash's previous starters evolved more than 60 episodes after their introduction (if at all).
If the evolution happens in XY061, I wouldn't surprised.:sweatlol:

If the evolution happens in XY061, I wouldn't surprised.:sweatlol:
The episode in question is XY052.

Ampharos King said:
and based on the amount of time between the 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd gym battles it could take a while before Ash battles Ramos.
It might, but my bet is that the gaps will be getting shorter just like in the games.

Oh, I had a brain fart and thought Clemont's gym was fifth for a minute.

Well, it is. Ramos is next. Clemont's is after that.
I am too surprised with the evolution. I love Froakie so much, I hope he keeps the quirkiness
And I love that Greninja is also appearing. I love it.

Damn! this is awesome <3 :-D finally Froakie evolving, I was expecting him to evolve around XY070 around the same time Treecko evolved back in AG, I guess Frogadier may evolve around the 7th or 8th gym, it'll take a while I think.

I hope Sanpei is one of Ash's rivals at the league, If I remember right we didn't know Conway was on a badge quest until he showed up at the league.

I didn't expect this to happen so early...

Froakie is evolving!? PLEASE let this happen! Please oh please don't pull a Piplup or something! I want to see Frogadier on Ash's team so bad! I'm kinda glad they're bringing back Sanpei with a Greninja now. I'm hoping he ends up becoming a permanent rival and someone Ash will end up facing at the league. Disappointed tho Barbaracle is appearing before Litleo.

And the curse is broken.

I think most of us were expecting this though, due to how popular Greninja is, but it is still extremely nice to see that it's happening. On that note, I hope that Sanpei becomes a permanent rival for Ash, seeing as how he could really use one.

Well, this is no surprise. At least one of Ash's starters *always* evolves to at least the second stage. And since Froakie is his ONLY regional starter this series... It's also nice to see it happening sooner rather than later. Finally, Ash could potentially have a fully evolved water-type starter. Don't troll us, writers.

Sanpei returning is interesting as well. I suppose he'll bear witness to Frokie's evolution, and perhaps become one of Ash's recurring rivals. I've been okay with Ash not having any rivals this time around, since he should have taken a break from a "serious" rival last time, if you ask me; but a more "casual" rival just to keep up a sense of competition and progress would be more than welcome.

Froakie...evolving...there is hope for this series after all. Now if this isn't a fake out, then XY has earned major bonus points in my book! And I agree with many on here, Ash desperately needs a rival to push him-or a few actually-in order to bring in more progress when it comes to not only him as a trainer, really with his Pokemon in this region. So, I do hope Sanpei is here to stay as a rival anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom