• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 080 & DP 081 Titles Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I see this as May beat Dawn and then gets to fight Wallace with her Megayanma. Obviously she captured a Yanma in Johto. So May had three evolutions and a capture in Johto.

I'm not saying I think this will happen, I'm just giving another possibility so people don't get so stuck on one idea.

Maybe the Megayanma doesn't belong to anyone, or it belongs to someone not participating in the contest. It interrupts the final battle and has to be taken down. It could be Musashi coming back for revenge after losing early on with Habunake. I think that's a weird Pokémon for Haruka to have, so I have a suspicion it's not hers. The episode title even makes me suspicious. The "VS so-and-so!!" fragment, when used in the past, has usually been from Satoshi's standpoint. That is, "so-and-so" is the guest character/adversary's Pokémon. So, who is fighting Megayanma? Hikari or Haruka? It's not Mikuri.

Her having Yanmega makes sense to me. She was in jouto and it would be odd for her not to have a pokemon from thier to a degree.

Also Drew had two freaking bugs so why can't May?

I think it's on there when you first get it.

(Edit) Lol wow, nevermind. I didn't realize there was a second poage.

Last edited:
Meh, looks like you might get to see that footstep guy you wanted after all.

Yeah. Motherfuckass awesome, isn't it?

But let's wait for the synopsis (or even, for the preview).

He has a fair chance to show up, but it's not guaranteed.

The title still has "Wallace Cup finals" in it, so this is obviously still part of the tournament and not some regular battle.

While May owning Yanmega wouldn't be too odd, I kind of have a hard time picturing her with it. Its not exactly a Pokemon I can imagine her with. Yanmega would fit someone like Jessie or Harley more than May. :/

I think you go back to that guy who first gave you the poketch after X amount of achievements. It's useful if you have an egg and wanna see how long you're gonna have to be walking around in circles for.

I think that's a weird Pokémon for Haruka to have, so I have a suspicion it's not hers.

She and Drew have a thing for Bug/Flying types. Beautifly, Masquerain, Butterfree.

I think you go back to that guy who first gave you the poketch after X amount of achievements. It's useful if you have an egg and wanna see how long you're gonna have to be walking around in circles for.

Ah, yeah, that's how one obtains Pedometer in DP.

Since it's very doubtful that Hikari will go back to Kotobuki, I think she'll either obtain it from Futomaki (he's expert in FOOTSTEPS, so it makes sense, doesn't it?) or had it since she obtained the Poketch and now, it's going to be involved in that episode.

Let the speculation begins, but I'm almost postive that Futomaki will be involved in either way.

If Mr. Footstep does make an appearence, I hope that Paul is in it too. Let's see how happy his pokemon are and whether he gives a damn.

We'll probably know by tommorow if May has a Yanma (I have a feeling she wouldn't have it as a Yanmega right away, but it would evolve during the match) since I'm guessing she'll probably show us her whole team in a little montage shot or something.

BTW, whose Yanma's usual seiyuu? I wanna see if it matches any of the names in the summary for tommorow's episode. Especially as May's Beautifly was credited, and if she has that with her I can't imagine her having a Yanmega as well.

Ha! I knew this wasn't a water only Contest! Gotta love the finale being aired on my birthday. :)

I want Jessie to fail at the performance so Dawn can laugh at her for once for not passing while she did (though Dawn probably will be nice)

Can you really blame Musashi for laughing at her after she's failed how many Contests? (Not that I like that she's making fun of her, but I can't really blame her.)

I hope Jessie gets Yanmega. It's too good an opportunity to pass up. She just released a bug and hasn't caught a pokemon in over 200 episodes!

I was thinking that too, but unless it's tomorrow there's no way it's her. Plus, as was said, Musashi going to the finals with a brand new Pokemon isn't very likely.

Unless it's Hikari/Haruka vs. Musashi, I don't see anyone with a Megayanma. The title implies the opponent has one, not one of the heroes.

I'm going to laugh if the second episode really is the one with the footsteps guy.

Maybe the prize is the pedometer. It'd be a pretty weak prize, but you could argue the same for the Soothe Bell.

(EDIT: Unless the prize has already been mentioned in DP75 and I'm just an idiot. Also, I'll say Yanmega is May's.)

This changes a lot of things. So that means it's not an all water pokemon contest and both Dawn and May can use more pokemon than Piplup and Wartortle respectively. Also, it means that May could possibly have Yanmega in her team which is very interesting considering that we're going to see her with a possible six pokemon.

(EDIT: Unless the prize has already been mentioned in DP75 and I'm just an idiot. Also, I'll say Yanmega is May's.)

I heard the prize was a ribbon that you can use in any region.

Someone at Serebii had a really good theory about DP81. Hikari gets an Urimoo egg, since it sounds like she'll be getting the application that counts your steps. It's really obvious when you think about it.

There was also speculation that this was a continuation of the Hikari/Haruka Contest. Since we know who the final four are, I think that's a pretty likely assumption. It would also mean we know what Pokemon Haruka got in Johto, and that she'll get a non cute Pokemon. It's always nice to see the girl Coordinator get a Pokemon that isn't cute.

There goes my Dawn/Buizel theory. ~_~ I'm still hoping the Yanmega is Jessie's. Maybe then people will actually take them as a threat.

Wow, I wasn't expecting another Wallace cup episode. This is going to be great.

I hope this very large tournament arc means fewer filler episodes between now and the 4th gym.

Technically this whole arc spans a whopping 6 episodes.

The first episode was just to introduce Wallace and give a short teaser of May.

The second episode is the tag battle ep at the restaurant.

Then there's four Wallace Cup episodes.

When was the last time an arc spanned this many episodes not counting the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn league tournaments? I don't think there ever was one, even the tag battle arc was only 3 episodes.

No, I don't think I can think of one...how long was the Whirl Cup?

Then again, it depends on what we consider the definition of an arc to be. If things like "save the baby Larvitar" are to be considered, then I think we've got a few. But I also think that's not really what we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom