• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Steelix ang Glalie? Seriously?

So I can assume that all NU Pokemon will be given a Mega Evolution like Beedrill and Pidgeot. And now, Glalie. Though Steelix had its spotlight during Gen II and it was gone for the rest of the Gens. But I think it deserve a comeback.

But still, the recent Mega Evolution teasers are not that fascinating except for Rayquaza of course.

Mega Lapras pleassee!!

I hope Game Freak pulls off more Mega Beedrill-esque stat boosts for future Mega Evolutions.

Some Pokémon that don't need physical or special attack can have it reduced to boost the other attacking stat and/or Speed.

Looking back, it is a shame that Mega Ampharos was created too early and had that unnecessary physical attack boost when it could have gotten the Mega Beedrill deal (-30 Attack for +30 Speed).

Ampharos was fine. It already had a BST of 510 and did pretty well out of a mega evolution. It has the bulk to take a hit or two and has a fantastic special attack. In fact, the lower speed would make great in trick room. Beedrill was a desperate case. I kinda think Glalie should've had that treatment, but it kind of wanted every stat intact and Smogon seems to think it'll be good anyway.

At this point, the most unexpected Mega Evolutions would be one with two Megas similar to Charizard and Mewtwo, because I don't really think any Pokemon would be given two of them.

On the other hand, what I most expect (that aren't revealed yet, hopefully) are Mega Evolutions for Generation 5 Pokemon because there's currently only one with it, and that Generation contains a lot of fully-evolved Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

At this point, the most unexpected Mega Evolutions would be one with two Megas similar to Charizard and Mewtwo, because I don't really think any Pokemon would be given two of them.

On the other hand, what I most expect (that aren't revealed yet, hopefully) are Mega Evolutions for Generation 5 Pokemon because there's currently only one with it, and that Generation contains a lot of fully-evolved Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

Although I agree with you about the lack of gen V Mega Evolutions, you should not forget about Mega Audino! In my opinion, Mega Audino is one of the best looking Mega's so far on this release.

Thanks for reading.

Although I agree with you about the lack of gen V Mega Evolutions, you should not forget about Mega Audino! In my opinion, Mega Audino is one of the best looking Mega's so far on this release.

I didn't forget Mega Audino (I mentioned that this is currently only one), which while it's a worthwhile addition, is not really enough compared to others, mainly Generation 3 (which has the most Mega Evolutions thus far).

Thanks for reading.

Can we talk about how a potential Mega Breloom or Mega Roserade would look?

The latter hopefully looks less feminine. Roserade and especially Roselia are some of my least liked Pokemon. Their appearance is just not appealing to me...

Aside from the starters: Zebstrika, Eelektross, Beheeyem, Cryogonal, Druddigon (MOAR DARGONS), Golurk, and Heatmor are all "lackluster" Gen V Pokemon that have a good chance of getting Megas.

edit: also Ice/Fighting Mega-Beartic with Fur Coat

Last edited:
The bananas is the only thing about Tropius I don't like. I mean, it's okay that it grows fruit on its body that people eat, but GF should have chosen something else instead of bananas.

Aside from the starters: Zebstrika, Eelektross, Beheeyem, Cryogonal, Druddigon (MOAR DARGONS), Golurk, and Heatmor are all "lackluster" Gen V Pokemon that have a good chance of getting Megas.

edit: also Ice/Fighting Mega-Beartic with Fur Coat

I'd be down for Druddigon, Cryogonal and Heatmor.

Heatmor should become Fire/Steel with more mechanical influences in its design. I'd make it a little bit slower but give it boosts to Atk, Def, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def: 85 HP / 117 Atk (+20) / 106 Def (+40) / 125 Sp.Atk (+20) / 106 Sp.Def (+40) / 45 Spe (-20) For abilities it could have Bulletproof, Sheer Force, Tough Claws or maybe Contrary.

I really love Eelektross so I don't know whether I want them messing with its design.

Other Gen V Megas I'd like to see: Krookodile, Gigalith, Maractus, Cinccino, Swanna, Chandelure, Stunfusk, Accelgor, Mandibuzz, Hydreigon and Volcarona. Some of these I don't particularly like, but I think their designs could easily be expanded on and some I think just deserve to be better.

Volcarona has the potential to become very, very frightening, given a mega evolution. I'd like to see M-Chandelure, which is a pretty popular request. I love Reuniclus, so I'm biased in wanting one.

Also they'd better give Serperior contrary (or something even better) when it gets its mega. There aren't many Pokemon that don't have their hidden ability available anymore and Serperior desperately wants its one.

The latter hopefully looks less feminine. Roserade and especially Roselia are some of my least liked Pokemon. Their appearance is just not appealing to me...

I actually can imagine male Roserade just fine, they strike as being that kind of gentleman-y kind of guy who might or might not act a bit campy =P

Male Mega Roserade should be Zorro and females should be Elektra. Sadly probably won't happen though.

I always thought it would have made more sense if Roselia had been the female and Roserade male of the same Pokemon species, rather than the latter being an evolution.

Considering Roselia's stats... Yeah no. Roserade pretty much saved the line from falling into total obscurity into the depths of NU.

I don't get it. What's wrong with it looking feminine?

Back
Top Bottom