• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

Re: Possibly solved the Mystery of the Strange Souvenir?!??!!

I really don't see how this begins to solve the mystery. If the Strange Souvenir caused Sweet Scent to fail, it would do that all the time. Chances are that you didn't notice the weather condition because you were focused on something else.

The Strange Souvenir is tied to a region far from Kalos; it isn't directly relevant to XY, and it probably just symbolizes an unknown Pokémon rather than having a function. There have also been items like the Relic Crown which never amounted to anything, although the Strange Souvenir isn't even expensive.

Strange souvenir is just an Easter egg like the truck and so many other things. They're just to add mystery to the game, and options for stories. It lets them go "yeah we planned this the whole time" even if they didn't.

Strange souvenir is just an Easter egg like the truck and so many other things. They're just to add mystery to the game, and options for stories. It lets them go "yeah we planned this the whole time" even if they didn't.

This!

Does anyone remember the dreaded Lock Capsule, all that mystery surrounding it, then it turns out to be just a random TM that's not much use.

Also I never understood why they never actually released it in Gen 4, but still continued to programme it into Gen 5, was it meant for only hackers to be able to get it?

This!

Does anyone remember the dreaded Lock Capsule, all that mystery surrounding it, then it turns out to be just a random TM that's not much use.

Also I never understood why they never actually released it in Gen 4, but still continued to programme it into Gen 5, was it meant for only hackers to be able to get it?

I thought it was traded from gen 5 to five or something? I didn't play gen 5 enough to remember. But there's lots of things like this. Items planned but never used, like the arceus whistle. The test a lot of ideas and not all of them make it, so some things end up as silly little things to waste your time, or they stay hidden in the code for people to speculate on forever.

Sweet Scent fades all the time in that area - it has nothing to do with the Souvenir as far as I can tell, since the move's failed for me at multiple times during the day and also before I even received the item in my game.

This!

I thought it was traded from gen 5 to five or something? I didn't play gen 5 enough to remember. But there's lots of things like this. Items planned but never used, like the arceus whistle. The test a lot of ideas and not all of them make it, so some things end up as silly little things to waste your time, or they stay hidden in the code for people to speculate on forever.

Apparently the Lock Capsule and Azure Flute were canceled because they thought it would be too complicated. Surely if someone can navigate all the way to beating the Pokemon League they can work out the Azure flute. -_-
It's annoying because I like the events where you have to do stuff and catch the Pokemon yourself, I don't like being hand-fed legendaries that I can't even nickname.

I find it odd that mega evolution and stones existed in ancient times but MewTwo, a man-made Pokemon from the present, has a stone dedicated to it. Unless someone--likely Team Flare--has found a way to produce them.

Last edited:
I find it odd that mega evolution and stone existed in ancient times but MewTwo, a man-made Pokemon from the present, has a stone dedicated to it. Unless someone--likely Team Flare--has found a way to produce them.

I believe that although the stone are named this Mewtwonite whatever, that is a human name, and the stones themselves were originally intended for Mew, as Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, they work on Mewtwo.

I find it odd that mega evolution and stone existed in ancient times but MewTwo, a man-made Pokemon from the present, has a stone dedicated to it. Unless someone--likely Team Flare--has found a way to produce them.

One of the most interesting theories I've read on that is Colress from Team Plasma being responsible for it. In all likelihood what Colress was studying was Mega Evolution. Likely, the mega stones were originally for Mew and Colress could have altered them to work on Mewtwo. That or the stones also worked with Mewtwo because its DNA is very similar to Mew's (though stated not to be the same). That would explain the massive jump in power for Mewtwo and its "Y" form's similarity to Mew.

If that were true then the stone should also mega evolve Mew. Has anyone tried it despite the description?

If that were true then the stone should also mega evolve Mew. Has anyone tried it despite the description?

That's true, if you're thinking realistically. But for gameplay purposes, GF can do pretty much whatever they want. Or it could be that it was originally a Mega Stone for Mew but it was slightly modified by a scientist, as DasManiac suggested.

Perhaps the stones were not actually 'intended' for anything in specific. They just... happen to have that effect on certain Pokemon naturally, and before Mewtwo was around, Mewtwonite X and Y were just weird rocks.

Somehow, Mewtwo reacts with it - one of the genetic differences it has from Mew causes it, I guess. Similar to how Gardevoir can use a certain stone but Gallade can't, or how Charizard can use one when Charmander and Charmeleon can't. The fact that the differences between Mewtwo and Mew are man-made doesn't matter. There's a certain genetic pattern that sets a given stone off, even if that genetic pattern shouldn't naturally exist.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this but if not, I think I may have just solved one mystery.

As some of you know about a woman mentioning a waterfall in the world that flows up and how she wants to see that waterfall. Some people think we have yet to see it. We have indeed seen it already. Where you ask? Well it's not technically in this world, but it is in a Pokemon game and anyone who has played Pokemon Platinum and caught Giratina in it has seen it and even traveled on it.

The waterfall that flows up is in the distortion world. I was playing Platinum today and gasped when I saw it and remembered it! I guess that's one mystery of many solved! But why does the woman mention it or is it just a throwback like the foreign Team Rocket grunt appearing and Pokemon Black and White?

I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this but if not, I think I may have just solved one mystery.

As some of you know about a woman mentioning a waterfall in the world that flows up and how she wants to see that waterfall. Some people think we have yet to see it. We have indeed seen it already. Where you ask? Well it's not technically in this world, but it is in a Pokemon game and anyone who has played Pokemon Platinum and caught Giratina in it has seen it and even traveled on it.

The waterfall that flows up is in the distortion world. I was playing Platinum today and gasped when I saw it and remembered it! I guess that's one mystery of many solved! But why does the woman mention it or is it just a throwback like the foreign Team Rocket grunt appearing and Pokemon Black and White?

It is mentioned, but there is nothing wrong with that of course.
The woman explicitly mentions 'this world', so I believe it is impossible that they are the same waterfall since the Distortion World is a different world.

I always thought she meant the Distortion World.
Maybe it is because the Distortion World is just another realm within the Pokemon World.

hey garren... actually Diancie has recently been announced as a fairy pokemon... bulbapedia has information. so i gues the other two are also about to be announce? soon enough maybe.

Okay, but why would some random lady know about a waterfall in another dimension? It doesn't exactly seem like the sort of place people would visit.

Okay, but why would some random lady know about a waterfall in another dimension? It doesn't exactly seem like the sort of place people would visit.
That is true but since the Sinnoh champion who was the player had seen this it's possible she is from Sinnoh, Cynthia was also there. And with such a major event like stopping the world's destruction it would probably have had the story everywhere. But as to visit the distortion world I have no idea, maybe she wants to see something different?

In response to the X and Y unanswered mysteries could the back packer who mentions about being from another region. Do you think its possible that he is from the Orre region? I can only speculate that from the position of the Kalos region that maybe the position of the power plants could possibly be connected with Orre and with the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire that possibly Orre a region that appears in generation III could have a future involvement as a dlc place in Kalos via exploring the as of unyet accessible power plants?

I find it odd that mega evolution and stones existed in ancient times but MewTwo, a man-made Pokemon from the present, has a stone dedicated to it. Unless someone--likely Team Flare--has found a way to produce them.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Perhaps the stone was produced before Mewtwo was created and had no known use before then.
Maybe there's still Mega stones in the Pokemon world that don't work on any present known/existing Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom