• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
And I can now enter Steven's house too. I wonder if the Nugget mission is what causes that to unlock.

Edit: Steven's bed is right next to one of his cabinets with a rock in it lol nerd

Did you get the demo code on the 15th or 14th? Because from what I heard, Steven's house and the Nugget mission seems to be unlocked automatically on the 15th day of playing the demo

And I can now enter Steven's house too. I wonder if the Nugget mission is what causes that to unlock.

Edit: Steven's bed is right next to one of his cabinets with a rock in it lol nerd

Did you get the demo code on the 15th or 14th? Because from what I heard, Steven's house and the Nugget mission seems to be unlocked automatically on the 15th day of playing the demo

Just checked my email and I got the code + downloaded the demo on the 15th.

Just checked my email and I got the code + downloaded the demo on the 15th.

Then it's pretty much it. They're unlocked on the 15th day after downloading the demo.

So it seems only the secret mission with May is random - the others are given on the 15th day.

Swell. I only need to wait 3 more days.

I'll be honest, I'm only replaying the demo at this point because I want to see Steven's rock collection.

Also pretending to jump on his bed.

Oh, playing for 15 days? I guess I have about a week more to go then... I hope that's really it cause the "random" thing is annoying as hell. I only played through like 13 times, possibly skipped a day or two but hopefully that doesn't matter... I'll try to keep playing it at least once a day.

I am sitting in Steven's house!!

Downloaded the demo on the 15th, but I haven't played every day so it seems you just need to have the demo for 15 days.

Also visited Nugget Man.

Can't do much in the house, except for looking and reading about his stone collection and sitting on his chairs/bed, but I really like the interior.

The guy in front of the house now says you can enter the house and that it's lucky for Steven he's able to enter his own house again. One of the Poké Mart guys is gone and the other guy explains he's off to Oldale Town. As far as I can see nothing else has changed.

And Game Freak's love for Shroomish knows no boundaries, it's the only pokemon you find on Nugget Man Island.

Last edited:
I wonder if you eventually get to visit the gym as well after a certain period, or something crazy.

It's interesting to see Steven's house include references to Sinnoh and Unova. Along with the rather extreme changes to the plot, heavily tying Mega Evolution into the story and to Team Magma/Aqua, I think this game is already changing a lot more from the originals than FRLG or HGSS did. I'll just say again that I am not convinced at all this is taking place at the same time as the original RS, but we'll see about that when the actual game is out...

What kinda references? Cause if its just like, oh this rock is from Unova, its hardly placing it out of its original chronological placement.

Shigeru Ohmori has confirmed the Nugget Mission is time-based, so it is indeed after so many days.

I'm guessing this means there are more missions to be unlocked as time goes on. Got the Nugget mission after turning on my 3DS this morning, and I got it literally as soon as the codes were active in the UK.

What kinda references? Cause if its just like, oh this rock is from Unova, its hardly placing it out of its original chronological placement.

Yeah, it's basically just that. I know it hardly means anything, but I just think the actual plot changes are rather significant and I still believe they might just act as if this is happening at the same time as XY, rather than the original RS. Again I guess we can't be sure until after the game is released and we can see if there are any references to the actual plot of XY (or any of the non gen 1 games, since supposedly all of them happened after RS)

Also, it's crazy seeing how desperate some people are for the codes... I've seen some people either sell them for money or trade them for Diancie codes (well this one is kind of ok-ish I guess) and for eShop prepaid cards (going as far as 50$ cards which is completely ridiculous for a free demo that has no real value at all)
I hate this whole "limited" thing but I guess they know what they're doing... with everyone going crazy after the codes it does create hype for the game (as if there wasn't enough already)

Yeah, I wouldn't give too much thought about it. Regions can exist without the plot happening and what not, its not like they were founded a year before their respective games. But the games happening around the same time as B2W2/XY would be interesting if you think about it, makes you wonder if they would be crazy enough to condense the timeline.

The randomness is what screws over the demo, honestly. It's basic statistics: the variance in time until a random event occurs is inversely proportional to the square of the likelihood of the event. As an event gets rarer, the number of tries to get the event becomes more random and people get frustrated. Randomly rare drops, events, missions etc are some of the most unenjoyable things in games.
Combined with the fact that the game in particular, being a heavily watered down demo gets old pretty fast.

GameFreak needs to stop getting ideas from magic Shroomish.

Hilariously, I managed to get the scientist asking if I've seen a Shroomish and the Shroomish NPC appears north of him in the same session.
Nope, that didn't unlock the secret mission.

Last edited:
I love that the hackers were so concerned about finding out what was in OR/AS that they forgot to look at the demo itself. I wonder what other surprises there are in the demo.

^We already knew about the Nugget event in the demo from the text dump. We just didn't know how to unlock it.

Didn't touch the demo since Tuesday and when I played it nom I get the strange men who's giving nuggets. I wish I have more luck and get the other secret mission.

With all this troubles I'm really happy I didn't even make an effort to get the demo in the first place. It's just frustrating and really not worth it IMO.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a little more freedom of choice in the demo. The strict start-to-finish approach was a little disappointing.

The length was satisfactory, though. I couldn't reasonably expect much more time or content from it.

Do you all think we should expect more of this code bullshit later on? I do. I mean, not that I want it, ideally I'd love everything to just be given away over wifi, but clearly they're not sharing this view... so I believe there's more of this to come.
The most obvious thing that I'm betting my soul on being available through a code is the Eon Ticket -- either a GameStop code or another case of this demo craziness.
If I remember correct, Japanese players can get the Eon Ticket code in the November issue of CoroCoro, so they're getting it a bit before the game is even out. CoroCoro was also a method for gaining the ORAS demo. I say sometime during November (or at the latest, December) the US will have some form of Eon Ticket code "distribution". (either it'll replace the Diancie code at GameStop, or whatever random methods they'll think of)
I think it might be a good idea to make some spare Pokemon.com and Club Nintendo accounts..... also, if you happen to own more than one 3DS systems, having a spare Nintendo ID account might be good too.

Back
Top Bottom