• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Partially Used, aka the lowest of the low
Doesn't make sense in terms of naming, but the tier isn't official, so it doesn't have to (if it were to become official, it would become the NU, and everything between RU and PU-NU would be renamed to something like Barely Used)

It doesn't mean Partially Used. It's the noise you make when you something smells as bad as those Pokémon are in battle. (Peee-yuuu!)

Doesn't make sense in terms of naming, but the tier isn't official, so it doesn't have to (if it were to become official, it would become the NU, and everything between RU and PU-NU would be renamed to something like Barely Used)

It doesn't mean Partially Used. It's the noise you make when you something smells as bad as those Pokémon are in battle. (Peee-yuuu!)

I swear I saw it somewhere
It may be me being dumb tho

EDIT: yeah, I'm making stuff up

Last edited:
Meh. In lower tiers you can run a Swords Dance set with Crabhammer, Knock Off, and Return. Everywhere else it's going to be overshadowed by other hard-shelled Pokemon.

Meh. In lower tiers you can run a Swords Dance set with Crabhammer, Knock Off, and Return. Everywhere else it's going to be overshadowed by other hard-shelled Pokemon.

Double Dance with Agility over Return is preferred iirc. But yeah it's not good, even in NU

Double Dance with Agility over Return is preferred iirc. But yeah it's not good, even in NU
No use running Sheer Force?

I ran a sheer force set like this once:

Kingler
Assault Vest
Sheer Force
252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 SPDEF
Crab Hammer
Rock Slide
Stomp
X-Scissor

It has reasonable defence, the boost to HP, and SPDEF will help it survive, and there is no point putting EV's into speed as it is easily outsped. Basically, this is a set that won't get you that far but you know, Kingler doesn't get you far anyway.

No use running Sheer Force?

Hyper Cutter is better to prevent Intimidate, since your main STAB and coverage aren't boosted anyways

I really don't like that name for the tier because at least the other tiers aren't actually insulting those mons even if they are bad, it's just saying how much they are used. PU just rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, back on topic... What mons would work well with (Mega) Gallade and Greninja? Those two are my main mons for battle but I'm having a bit of trouble making a good team with them.

So, i'm going to use M-Swampert in a Doubles/Triples Rain team and i was wondering the aumont of Speeds EVs needed to pretty much outspeed anything under the rain, it's Adamant btw.

So, i'm going to use M-Swampert in a Doubles/Triples Rain team and i was wondering the aumont of Speeds EVs needed to pretty much outspeed anything under the rain, it's Adamant btw.

152 nabs MSceptile iirc

Hey there! Master Mew here with another annoying installment of "Is this terrible Pokemon usable in OU?"

This week's edition: Tauros

He was the king of the metagame back in RBY, before the rug was pulled out from under him when exactly 100% of the mechanics he benefited from were dramatically altered. Is he in any way salvageable?

Hey there! Master Mew here with another annoying installment of "Is this terrible Pokemon usable in OU?"

He was the king of the metagame back in RBY, before the rug was pulled out from under him when exactly 100% of the mechanics he benefited from were dramatically altered. Is he in any way salvageable?

no

I mean if you threw in a clause about normal types from Gen 1 only? Focus Sash Magikarp is a better option.

I mean if you threw in a clause about normal types from Gen 1 only? Focus Sash Magikarp is a better option.
I guess I forgot about Magikarp's secret Normal typing. :drowsy:

In all seriousness: Sheer Force, 100 Attack, 95 Defense, 110 Speed... obviously he isn't the cream of the crop, but there's really no way to work with that?

In all seriousness: Sheer Force, 100 Attack, 95 Defense, 110 Speed... obviously he isn't the cream of the crop, but there's really no way to work with that?

Lacking movepool and the fact that its a pure Normal. 100 base Attack may seem like a lot but in a world with Pokemon hitting 120+ in Attack its almost useless, especially in OU.

Nope. He's just bad. Although the MAgikarp statement was patently false, as Tauros is usable in NU and RU as opposed to Magikarp

Nope. He's just bad. Although the MAgikarp statement was patently false, as Tauros is usable in NU and RU as opposed to Magikarp

I am thinking two sets like these, but you could stick with magikarp instead:

Tauros
Life Orb
Sheer Force
Adamant/Jolly
4 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD
Poison Jab
Rock Slide
Zen Headbutt
Stomp/Iron Head

(You will need to bring Iron Head over from B2W2). This is pretty much a standart attacking set, but you could use a choice band instead of a life orb if your not fussy about locking onto one move.

Tauros
Assault Vest
Intimidate/ Sheer Force
Adamant
252 HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 DEF
Poison Jab/Earthquake
Rock Slide/ Outrage
Facade/Stomp/Iron Head
Zen Headbutt

(Outrage is also required to be tutored in Gen V). This is more defence, and is usable, if paired with intimadate, then you have a good wall in both aspects, if paired with sheer force, then youre faced with a fairly bulky attacker.

If my input wasn't good enough, well I don't give a damn anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom