• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I have a question about the move Role Play. The descriptions of the move states "The user mimics the target completely, copying the target's natural Ability."

So in a double/triple, if a pokemon on your team with a certain ability used Skill swap on a opponent, and then another of your pokemon used Role play on the pokemon that used skill swap. Does that mean instead of the skill swapped ability, your pokemon learns the ability the pokemon had before using skill swap?

So in a double/triple, if a pokemon on your team with a certain ability used Skill swap on a opponent, and then another of your pokemon used Role play on the pokemon that used skill swap. Does that mean instead of the skill swapped ability, your pokemon learns the ability the pokemon had before using skill swap?
No, you copy whatever ability they have at the moment.

I looked it up but I just want to get some others to confirm the answer I found, but is it true that changing the internal battery on RSE will NOT delete the actual save profile?
The internal battery powers the cart's clock and that is all. The actual save file is stored on a flash chip below the battery.

I looked it up but I just want to get some others to confirm the answer I found, but is it true that changing the internal battery on RSE will NOT delete the actual save profile?
The internal battery powers the cart's clock and that is all. The actual save file is stored on a flash chip below the battery.

That's what I thought, thanks. Still got a second question I'd like answered here. :p

In Gen III's Battle Tower in Emerald, and all other facilities that apply to this, can you increase or continue a streak with Double Battles as long as you pick Singles for the round you'll face the Frontier Brain in? I enjoy Double Battles more and wanted to know if it'll count the same streak up.

Unfortunately, the streaks only count for the specific battle format chosen and are tracked separately from each other, so you can't switch between them to increase your battle count.

In Gen III's Battle Tower in Emerald, and all other facilities that apply to this, can you increase or continue a streak with Double Battles as long as you pick Singles for the round you'll face the Frontier Brain in? I enjoy Double Battles more and wanted to know if it'll count the same streak up.

Unfortunately, the streaks only count for the specific battle format chosen and are tracked separately from each other, so you can't switch between them to increase your battle count.

So that means only Singles can be used to reach the Frontier Brains? Meh, oh well, I pretty much expected that, thanks for answering. :p

I have two female Eevee with the following attributes

Eevee 1 [Timid]
IVs: 31 / 31 / 21 / 31 / 31 / 31

Eevee 2 [Timid]
IVs: 13 / 21 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

If evolved into a Sylveon, which would fair best in a battle taking a physical hit. I'm thinking it would be Eevee 1 but I just want to be sure. Even if its not by much, I still want my Sylveon to be as durable as possible without having to breed more.

Eevee 1 [Timid]

Eevee 2 [Timid]

If evolved into a Sylveon, which would fair best in a battle taking a physical hit. I'm thinking it would be Eevee 1 but I just want to be sure. Even if its not by much, I still want my Sylveon to be as durable as possible without having to breed more.

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the order in which IVs are written, but if all you are concerned with is how well the two Eevee would do against physical moves, all you have to do is look at the Defense stat. Since two Pokémon of the same species have the same base stats, and both your Eevee have the same nature, the only thing that would cause a difference in their defense is which IVs they have (and EVs, but either one could get those anyway).

So, if either one of the 21s I see up there is for Defense, that Eevee is going to have a harder time taking physical hits, and you should go with the other one. If neither of those 21s is for Defense, both Eevee will fare exactly the same against physical moves.

Eevee 1 [Timid]

Eevee 2 [Timid]

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the order in which IVs are written, but if all you are concerned with is how well the two Eevee would do against physical moves, all you have to do is look at the Defense stat. Since two Pokémon of the same species have the same base stats, and both your Eevee have the same nature, the only thing that would cause a difference in their defense is which IVs they have (and EVs, but either one could get those anyway).

So, if either one of the 21s I see up there is for Defense, that Eevee is going to have a harder time taking physical hits, and you should go with the other one. If neither of those 21s is for Defense, both Eevee will fare exactly the same against physical moves.

The order is HP/Atk/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def and Speed. The order is very important to memorize when IV breeding because you can use the 6 markings in a Pokemon's profile to mark what IVs they have perfect or in some cases imperfect. The markings in order are circle (HP) , triangle (ATK) , square (DEF), heart (SP.ATK), star (SP.DEf) and diamond (SPEED)

Eevee 1 has 21 IVs on its Def and 31 IVs on its HP.
Eevee 2 has 31 IVs on its Def and only 13 IVs on its HP.

So my real question I guess is if Eevee 1 who has perfect health but not perfect Def is weaker than the Eevee with Perfect Def but Imperfect HP. HP and Def both play a role in how much damage the Pokemon can take.

Here is Eevee 1 and 2 as Sylveon

Sylveon 1 Stats at Lv.100: HP 331 / ATK 149 / DEF 156 / SP.ATK 256 / SP.DEF 296 / SPEED 171
Sylveon 2 Stats at Lv.100: HP 313 / ATK 140/ DEF 166 / SP.ATK 256 / SP.DEF 296 / SPEED 171

Does anyone have a good technique on how to encounter Moltres easily? I've been doing the Route 4 technique in and out over 60 times and still no Moltres.

I've seen him about 8 times before I started this technique so he isn't at the cave yet. I've been using Max repels, so that wouldn't prevent the encounter would it? any help?

Does anyone have a good technique on how to encounter Moltres easily? I've been doing the Route 4 technique in and out over 60 times and still no Moltres.

I've seen him about 8 times before I started this technique so he isn't at the cave yet. I've been using Max repels, so that wouldn't prevent the encounter would it? any help?

I used the beasts of Johto trick to track it down, now I know most sources says there is no pattern, but the moltres I had followed a pattern to an extent. The trick was to be where it would be in two-three moves. If you think it will be around the Daycare route, i would fly to luminoise city and walk to the daycare and then towards the town where team flare's hq was

Can some one help me find out my secret is on Pokemon y it's getting frustrating

Can some one help me find out my secret is on Pokemon y it's getting frustrating

Do you mean in your profile? If so go to the PSS, click the profile button and then scroll down until you see things like What is your favorite color. Then Click on one that you do not wish to display, and scroll down to the bottom of that list. It should be the second to last choice.

A Question about Guts

I was on bulbapedia looking at different abilities when I thought of an idea: If you give a Conkeldurr the guts ability with rest, and use rest, its attack will be raised by 50%. I was wondering if this stat increase will stay on the Conkeldurr even after it awakens, or will its attack revert to normal? It would be possible to run with sleep talk and still be able to take advantage of that boost, but sleep talk takes up a valuable move slot. Help?

This has been bothering me for a long time since DP, how exactly does Burmy forme differences work? Like do I have a Grass Cloak Burmy battle in a building in order for it to change to Steel Cloak afterwards?

This has been bothering me for a long time since DP, how exactly does Burmy forme differences work? Like do I have a Grass Cloak Burmy battle in a building in order for it to change to Steel Cloak afterwards?

Yeah, the cloak depends on the environment it last battled in.
Tall grass: Grass Cloak
Building/City: Trash Cloak
Beach/Riverside/Lakeside/Desert/Cave: Sandy Cloak

More elaborate info: Form differences - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Beach/Riverside/Lakeside/Desert: Sandy Cloak

So it changes forme right after the battle ends? (I assume it can change multiple times?)

So it changes forme right after the battle ends? (I assume it can change multiple times?)

It changes after the battle ends and it can change an unlimited amount of times before evolution, yes.

It changes after the battle ends and it can change an unlimited amount of times before evolution, yes.

Final question, once a Steel-forme Wurmy evolves into a Wormadam, it's perm?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom