• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I'd like to see arena trap personally. It's a pretty good ability and Trapinch has it. I like sand stream from a purely thematic perspective (desert spirit and all), but as others have said, it just doesn't benefit from it.

By way of stats, a big boost to speed (like 40-50) would be cool. That would bring speed up to a hefty 140-150, with an appropriate design change to reflect this. The problem is it only leaves 50-60 points to spread around the other stats, which are lacklustre at best. It wants to be a mixed attacker, but <120 attack stats on a mega are pathetic. You don't really want to cannibalise its defenses either. It has the Glalie problem of wanting a >100 stat boost, but lacking a stat that could be dropped.

Give mega flygon tinted lens. It would make sense considering flygon is a bug and could use more bug-type characteristics (just don't make it dragon/bug, that would be a straight downgrade, eww). According to bulbapedia's trivia section, "This is probably a reference to the idiom 'viewing the world through rose-tinted glasses', an expression which means to see good where there is none". Do I need to spell this out? I surely hope not.

It wouldn't be the best ability for it, as dragon/ground has good neutral coverage already, but it wouldn't need to predict, say, a grass-type switch in while firing off an earthquake. Plus, it could hit things like skarmory for neutral damage without needing to run the kinda weak fire punch.

I'm just kidding, give it unburden to troll the mega flygon supporters, there are so many of them and it would be hilarious

Give mega flygon tinted lens. It would make sense considering flygon is a bug and could use more bug-type characteristics (just don't make it dragon/bug, that would be a straight downgrade, eww). According to bulbapedia's trivia section, "This is probably a reference to the idiom 'viewing the world through rose-tinted glasses', an expression which means to see good where there is none". Do I need to spell this out? I surely hope not.

It wouldn't be the best ability for it, as dragon/ground has good neutral coverage already, but it wouldn't need to predict, say, a grass-type switch in while firing off an earthquake. Plus, it could hit things like skarmory for neutral damage without needing to run the kinda weak fire punch.

I'm just kidding, give it unburden to troll the mega flygon supporters, there are so many of them and it would be hilarious

I remember when the Hoopa alternate form was leaked and we thought they gave a Mega Magician as an Ability. It'd be pretty funny if they did something like that for real.

Make it bug/dragon, give it gluttony and remove all of its bug and dragon moves. I am so sick of people proposing to drop Flygon's ground type.

I remember when the Hoopa alternate form was leaked and we thought they gave a Mega Magician as an Ability. It'd be pretty funny if they did something like that for real.
mmhm. They could do such a trollish move while still making the mega good via stat increases/retyping. Look at Mega Gallade, it might as well have no ability (in singles), but it's sitting at the top of OU, entirely due to its stat buffs

if breloom got a mega do you think he should keep technician?
I would say "poison heal is more fun" but, well, yeah.

it's a fantastic ability for breloom, but it might be more interesting to give it a different (fantastic) ability, especially considering scizor already keeps technician upon mega evolving...

mmhm. They could do such a trollish move while still making the mega good via stat increases/retyping. Look at Mega Gallade, it might as well have no ability (in singles), but it's sitting at the top of OU, entirely due to its stat buffs

if breloom got a mega do you think he should keep technician?
I would say "poison heal is more fun" but, well, yeah.

it's a fantastic ability for breloom, but it might be more interesting to give it a different (fantastic) ability, especially considering scizor already keeps technician upon mega evolving...

Or they could do something silly like -50 Atk, SpA, SpD, Spe and +300 Def to make the unarguably worst mega ever just for laughs.

So... only rock-types get the sandstorm defense boost. My life is a lie :'(
If they did keep technician for breloom, I would like him to be a faster sweeper so he and scizor don't have to compete so much.
Mega Breloom with 380 base def
unfortunately you have to recode the entire game...

Coro Coro Special (A bimonthly magazine) will release a poster with all 48 Mega Evolutions in the next issue (scheduled for november 30). If they make a poster with all Megalutions from XY and ORAS this time, I think its because we don't have any new Megalutions in ORAS.

コロコロ公式サイト|別冊コロコロコミックSpecial絶賛発売中!

Amazon.co.jp? 蛻・蜀 繧ウ繝ュ繧ウ繝ュ繧ウ繝溘ャ繧ッ Special (繧ケ繝壹す繝」繝ォ) 2014蟷エ 12譛亥捷 [髮題ェ珪: 譛ャ

Do they count Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre as "mega evolution" though? If not, I think this leave us with 2 more mega evos to be revealed...

Do they count Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre as "mega evolution" though? If not, I think this leave us with 2 more mega evos to be revealed...

Nope, There's 48. XY had 30, ORAS have 18

Nope, There's 48. XY had 30, ORAS have 18

Oh yeah, I counted it like XY having 28 (since Lati duo are officially more of ORAS megas) and then counted 18 on Serebii's ORAS mega list but that didn't include the Lati duo...
It really is 48 megas total then, not counting the two primals... wow... so... really no more megas? I was sure we're getting at least Mega Luxray due to the anime... I also really wanted Slowking and Froslass to get megas just cause I hate giving it only to one of a few possible evos... and then there were the highly anticipated Mega Milotic/Flygon... it'd be so weird if none of this happens now... I'd still wait for CoroCoro to leak to be 100% sure (if there are no megas revealed in this issue that pretty much seals the deal)

Well, I find it weird because we already have buddyfight (TCG) spoilers from this month Coro Coro and not even one scan of Pokémon. And the site advertisement only talk about the serial code for Lati@s and the manga adaptation of ORAS, nothing about new informations. So, we can expect this issue doesn't have any new megas too.

Coro Coro Special (A bimonthly magazine) will release a poster with all 48 Mega Evolutions in the next issue (scheduled for november 30). If they make a poster with all Megalutions from XY and ORAS this time, I think its because we don't have any new Megalutions in ORAS.

The date on the Amazon listing says it released 2014/10/30, so it's been out for two weeks now.

I find it hard to believe they'd have the cover finalised a month before it releases too.

Edit: Actually, yeah, if they are releasing a poster with the old + new ones on at this point, probably safe to say there's no more. Otherwise why not just save the poster for after release?

Last edited:

The date on the Amazon listing says it released 2014/10/30, so it's been out for two weeks now.

I find it hard to believe they'd have the cover finalised a month before it releases too.

My bad! I misread the release date. Thanks a lot!

I'll be kinda disappointed personally if the Megas revealed to date are our lot for ORAS. I've been rather hoping that some would be held back from being revealed pre-release for us to discover by ourselves in-game, as with in X and Y. That said, I won't be wholly surprised if this turns out to be the case, since the majority of new Kalos Pokemon (and Mega Pokemon) were unveiled prior to XY's launch in 2013.

I'll be sad if that ends up being everything. But at the same time, we're getting a whole new game, so I can't be sad for too long.

There is still the 'Z' of this generation, and even then Generation VII will have new mega's for us to enjoy. Although I would like some more secret mega's like we had in XY, I won't be mad if we don't get them. Move Tutors are a thing, and if the Battle Resort has multiple facilities, I'll be happy!

Back
Top Bottom