• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

You guys are getting mad for no reason. If someone hadn't hacked into the demo, we wouldn't even know if there were any more Megas or not. It's only because we more or less do know by looking at what people have found that none of us should even know in the first place that everyone's getting upset over the marketing. Honestly, there's still plenty of stuff for you to discover assuming you haven't already exposed yourself to what people have found in the demo coding.

Sorry but when they reveal the post-game plot BEFORE release something is not right. They could have kept Zinnia, Mega Rayquaza and this whole sequence of events for us to discover for ourselves, but nope, they decide to show us it one week before the games release.

We're not even sure if it's post-game content.

spoilers from the datamine - I know you don't want to know spoilers from your post in another thread, so don't open if you don't want to see them.

Given the fact that Matt and Courtney use a Mega Sharpedo/Camerupt respectively, it's safe to say it is. They won't be using those characters with those Megas before the main Archie/Maxie Kyogre/Groudon plots are done with. Also Zinnia's battle levels are higher than Steven's the first time you battle him as Champ iirc. Oh and Zinnia's team uses non-Hoenn natives - Noivern, Goodra iirc

@Yadon; thanks for the warning message in advance. I didn't open the spoiler, but I'd still like to point out that those who only go by officially confirmed information do not know if the new character will be involved in the post-game, event, or dlc episode. It's the first time I've seen anything about this character, and apart from what can be translated on the page, nothing's really known.

That's true, but in actuality doesn't change that they are showing it before release. The difference is that we know where it occurs in the game now rather than next week.

I don't want to seem like I'm a negative nancy about these games. I'm still really hyped to play them and I'm very excited to try out all the new Megas + other changes (contests are suddenly becoming very appealing to me over the last few weeks for some reason). I just wish they wouldn't do things like this.

Part of it I think is that they didn't really do as much with these remakes as many of us expected. Aside from the Megas, what else are they even doing in this game that wasn't in the originals? Basically just a few tweaks to the storyline, an upgrade to Secret Bases and the Pokenav, and Soaring. There's not much they can do to spread that out into 6 months' worth of news.

I'm sort of intrigued by Deoxys' role in Episode Delta. I did speculate about giving it a post-game role months ago, but I didn't think it would take place in outer space. I am not sure whether or not that is a good thing; the event (which I'm hesitant to say is part of normal gameplay) might be pretty short due to the environment. What do Courtney and Matt even want?

We'll probably see some footage of the event after the Movie 7 broadcast on Sunday.

I'm sort of intrigued by Deoxys' role in Episode Delta. I did speculate about giving it a post-game role months ago, but I didn't think it would take place in outer space. I am not sure whether or not that is a good thing; the event (which I'm hesitant to say is part of normal gameplay) might be pretty short due to the environment. What do Courtney and Matt even want?

What's most interesting for me about all this is the possibility of them finally starting to lift off the event status of old event pkmn. But they're clearly not so willing to do that, which makes me wonder if this is REALLY an in-game event? I won't be surprised if we soon learn we'd need some sort of event to trigger getting this in-game.
If it's truly an in-game thing then that's a step in the right direction, although that's sad if it'll only happen for Deoxys so far... they should've at least done the same with Jirachi (which Japans keeps on getting again and again through various events while the rest of the world is deprived of them) and maybe Mew since they had basis for that with Emerald's Mew event (and it'd kind of fit with the whole gen 1 love that gen 6 seems to have going on)

We'll probably see some footage of the event after the Movie 7 broadcast on Sunday.

I guess now their decision to air Movie 7 rather than 6 makes more sense. I didn't expect Deoxys to be part of the in-game story but if it is, and especially if it'd be linked to Rayquaza, then Movie 7 probably really is the best suited to promote ORAS right now. (yet we still don't get anything for linking Lugia and the birds in the gameverse aside from that random teasing in XY...)

Yeah, if they start making old events obtainable in game, it will be such a good move. I'm cautiously optimistic: obtaining Deoxys/Jirachi without an event was actually one of my big wishes at the start.

I really wonder what they're thinking about Jirachi actually. They keep giving it away to Japanese players again and again. What about the rest of the world? Being an actual gen 3 event pkmn, you'd think they'd make sure it is available for everyone else too. It could be such a better present than that random Glalie/Steelix we got in the demo...
Will they ever give us a pkmn through Bank again? I used to think that maybe once they end the Celebi distribution in September, they'd replace it with a different pkmn, but no... or at least, nothing yet.

If I was to take a guess, I'd think that Jirachi may play a similar role that Celebi did in that it will feature in the upcoming movie or possibly maybe a short, and will remain an Event Legendary. I wouldn't be so sure Deoxy's role as an Event Legendary seemingly now being revoked as a sign that others might face the same in the future, but I'd sure welcome it!

If I was to take a guess, I'd think that Jirachi may play a similar role that Celebi did in that it will feature in the upcoming movie or possibly maybe a short,
It won't. It's already being distributed in Japan (a shiny one at that) and it also had a minor role in the latest short.

Yes it sucks that they revealed a lot of the post game, but on t
he other hand I still feel that there is still some stuff we have nothing to go by, yet. Its interestingfor exampl that we are seeing a post game story expansion to incorporate Rayquaza, more so by declasssifying Deoxys in the process. Regigigas also looks like a normal legendary, not a mirage throw in, whichwoyld have been extremely stupid. Last off, Zinnia definitely means the resort is happeming. To what extent who knows, but I think its gonna be the big surprise. No way they gave us everything.

If I was to take a guess, I'd think that Jirachi may play a similar role that Celebi did in that it will feature in the upcoming movie or possibly maybe a short,
It won't. It's already being distributed in Japan (a shiny one at that) and it also had a minor role in the latest short.

Forgot all about that short tbh. I'm still sure it'll remain Event though.

I don't think it was a coincidence that M7 (which has both Deoxys and Rayquaza starring in it) will air just before the RSE special (on the channel BS Japan).

I think more details about Episode Delta will be explained during the program.

Isn't Shokotan doing an announcement or something after the movie & anime short too? I'd guess this Episode Delta will be it.

26+ lengendarys, they really want to milk this to be the best Pokemon 3ds game don't they

Like what, exactly? The officially released information totally spoiled us any plot changes from the original RS, and we pretty much know everything about the game right now. They really didn't leave us much if anything to discover on our own, which is just messed up.

Not totally spoiled. We know there are Primal Legendaries and Mega Rayquaza, but not exactly what the specifics regarding it as it related to the plot, which you'll find out once the games do come out. There's plenty left in the game that I could hardly say we know everything about it, aside from the obvious "it's a remake."

There's a little section about Wallace. What does it say?

The section with Wallace below Regigigas only says Wallace is the Sootopolis gym leader. The flashy words next to him are about story&battle guides, which I'm assuming is about the guide book on the left.

Was that really it for the CoroCoro? Well that's kind of underwhelming. I suppose the post game Delta thing sounds interesting, but...still underwhelming that that's all we got right. And right before the release too.

Back
Top Bottom