• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Went there, it wasn't before the Rock Smash boulders, and I didn't have my Rock Smasher with me. I'll try it again.

Correct. You will need to go through route 112 and the fiery path before returning to route 111 and then you will be able to get it.

I gave my Alpha Sapphire team Pokerus for EV training, and I want them to get rid of it before they get transferred so they won't be infected throughout their whole Hoenn journey. After I read that once they get rid of Pokerus, they won't be infected again. Is it a good idea to heal them after EV training even though they'll no longer have the effects?

Has anyone figured out if there is a limit to feeding Pokeblocks in this game like there was in Gen III/IV? I just fed Cosplay Pikachu (who had fairly good contest stats) the 30 blocks in my Pokeblock case and it ate it all.

I gave my Alpha Sapphire team Pokerus for EV training, and I want them to get rid of it before they get transferred so they won't be infected throughout their whole Hoenn journey. After I read that once they get rid of Pokerus, they won't be infected again. Is it a good idea to heal them after EV training even though they'll no longer have the effects?

you cannot completely get rid of Pokerus at all. After a few days (I believe it's a week?) the Pokerus will no longer be contagious. (i.e. it wont spread to other Pokemon in your team; you can tell if the Pokerus is at this stage because a small smiley face icon will appear on the Pokemon's summary screen) Healing does not get rid of Pokerus, and after Pokerus is no longer contagious, its effects will still be active (it just wont spread). Hope this helps.

you cannot completely get rid of Pokerus at all. After a few days (I believe it's a week?) the Pokerus will no longer be contagious. (i.e. it wont spread to other Pokemon in your team; you can tell if the Pokerus is at this stage because a small smiley face icon will appear on the Pokemon's summary screen) Healing does not get rid of Pokerus, and after Pokerus is no longer contagious, its effects will still be active (it just wont spread). Hope this helps.

I already what Pokerus does, what I meant to say is that would they be able to get it again in the future after it disappears.

Does anyone know about Contest moves? What are their effects and such?

You can check their effects on the menu screen, but there isn't a comprehensive list around. From the looks of it, they changed the mechanics from the originals, since now Thunderwave is a move that sets up for an appeal combo when it didn't used to.

You can check their effects on the menu screen, but there isn't a comprehensive list around. From the looks of it, they changed the mechanics from the originals, since now Thunderwave is a move that sets up for an appeal combo when it didn't used to.
Boy was I surprised when Ember became a Cute move. I used to win Beauty contests with it on my Blaziken back in the day!

have any omega ruby players been able to find plusle? ive encountered over 40 hordes of minun and still no plusle

I already what Pokerus does, what I meant to say is that would they be able to get it again in the future after it disappears.

There is no way to make it disappear. Once you have it, it's there for good. You wouldn't need to get it again, because the effects of Pokerus remain even after the Pokemon is no longer contagious. Once a Pokemon has had Pokerus once, any EVs it gains from battles from that point on will be doubled forever.

I was wondering if anyone has found the Master Ball yet.

In Omega Ruby a master ball can be found in the Team Magma base in a group of four Pokéballs, a nugget, two Electrodes and the Master Ball. It's probably the same in Alpha Sapphire.

Can you give directions to it?
I went pretty much all over the Team Magma Hideout near Lilycove City and I couldn't find it at all.

You know that room with the nine teleporters that leads you to the room with the submarine? Once you are on the bottom row of teleporters go to the far right one and go the the top left corner of the room you end up in. The four Pokéballs are there.

Did ORAS change how Contest ribbons work? Because I've beaten the first two levels and my poor 'mon doesn't have a single Cool Ribbon yet :(

have any omega ruby players been able to find plusle? ive encountered over 40 hordes of minun and still no plusle
I had the same problem with Minun on Alpha Sapphire, eventually I just GTSed a Plusle for one.

I actually started a spreadsheet for Normal type moves would it be good too make a thread where we can put together contest moves?

I actually started a spreadsheet for Normal type moves would it be good too make a thread where we can put together contest moves?

I was thinking of a general research thread for both Pokeblocks and moves. As far as I can tell, the blocks are weaker than in the originals, but the upper limit is higher (if not non-existent). This is supported by the lack of "feel" status on Pokeblocks. The lack of level makes me think all Pokeblocks of the same type have the same power (Pokeblock, Pokeblock+) as well.

So far, I've managed to make Rainbow Pokeblocks (use all different colors) and a Pokeblock+. The latter, I'm not sure how, but I am thinking it involves at least two blocks of the same color, but berries of different rarity, and two blocks that are different. Not sure if the other two have to be complimentary or antagonistic flavors.

Right now I am just enjoying the game, but when I have time, I do wish to study the Pokeblock mechanics.

Are the Red and Blue Orbs version exclusives?

I know that you
get the opposite orb (Blue in OR, Red in AS) when you encounter the evil team at the peak of Mt. Pyre, but it can't be held and it doesn't have a numerical value associated with it. You return that orb at the end of the main story, but do you ever get it back?

I had the same problem with Minun on Alpha Sapphire, eventually I just GTSed a Plusle for one.

There is 1% chance of finding Minun on Route 110 in Alpha Sapphire, and Pluse in Omega Ruby.
EDIT: A helpful thing to do when looking for Plusle/Minun is to put a Pokemon with the Ability Static at the front of your party. That makes it easier to find Electric-type Pokemon.

Also questions: is the Shiny encounter rate the same in ORAS as it is in X/Y? Does chain fishing still work in ORAS?

Last edited:

Are the Red and Blue Orbs version exclusives?

I know that you
get the opposite orb (Blue in OR, Red in AS) when you encounter the evil team at the peak of Mt. Pyre, but it can't be held and it doesn't have a numerical value associated with it. You return that orb at the end of the main story, but do you ever get it back?
Serebii says it becomes a held item afterwards.

Has anyone figured out the trigger for Cresselia's mirage spot? I managed to stumble onto it at night after connecting to wifi - is it a time related or Streetpass related thing or is it just random?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom