• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sneaking on the DexNav!

Yeah, this is the best feature they have added in years. Ran into a level 15 Wingull that almost decimated my team.

Yesterday I ran into an Electrike that was 10 levels stronger than my strongest Poke which I was pretty surprised. I'm still very early in the game so I can't wait to see what Dexnav can find when I get near Victory Road!

It's a nice feature, yes. I don't like it as much as other people here, but it's nice that I can concentrate on one Pokémon when doing a search. (Of course other Pokémon could come and mess it up, but such is life.)

Yeah, this is the best feature they have added in years. Ran into a level 15 Wingull that almost decimated my team.

I ran into a Lv.5 Surskit whost only move was Fell Stinger. On a team with 2 or 3 Pokemon being either Grass or Dark. Ouch. It's a good thing I had Charm and Thunder Fang (themselves Dexnav catches). I suppose I should be thankful it wasn't something crazy like Hyper Beam, but still....

This feature is CRAZY. I had no clue that it would actually locate a Pokemon you were looking for... Finding a female Eevee will be a breeze... Once I catch my first Eevee, that is. >.< lol

This feature is CRAZY. I had no clue that it would actually locate a Pokemon you were looking for... Finding a female Eevee will be a breeze... Once I catch my first Eevee, that is. >.< lol

The DexNav doesn't show genders, so the only way to know if it's male/female is to battle it. Same applies for Natures. So there are some gambles with it. But yes, once you catch the Pokemon for the first time, it becomes ridiculously easy after that. And still, it's incredibly useful regardless. Best feature put in a Pokemon game I dare say.

The DexNav doesn't show genders, so the only way to know if it's male/female is to battle it. Same applies for Natures. So there are some gambles with it. But yes, once you catch the Pokemon for the first time, it becomes ridiculously easy after that. And still, it's incredibly useful regardless. Best feature put in a Pokemon game I dare say.

I know that it doesn't show genders, but that doesn't really matter as it makes finding them so easy. I think the first or second Eevee I ran into was female anyway. Lucky me!

Love the feature. Ran into a Fire Fang Poochyena early on, and I've been running it as my Ace so far. Only thing that annoyed me was when I was trying to level my Ralts. I spent a good two hours grinding it from level 3 to level 12 and what would you know, DexNav locates a lvl 13 wild Ralts with Synchronize. All that time wasted...

I'm still trying to figure out what the potential stars mean. I found a 3 star potential Numel and Trapinch, and I'm not sure how many IVs that means they have. Anyone know where the IV judge is?

I like the DexNav. A lot. The only pain is that it's constantly bothering you to catch something, but it makes finding competatively viable wild Pokemon a breeze.

You know what they could've done if they wanted to make something REALLY cool?

You know how when you see Pokemon fly by (like Wingull or Beautifly early on), that you can register them as seen?

Have a flippin' Ho-Oh fly by your house after you defeat the Pokemon League or something epic like that, it would be a good reference to the anime and holy crap it's a Ho-Oh! I believe you can catch it later anyways so that would be kinda cool. Oh well... Maybe in the Kanto remake! Kanto confirmed!

So much for Feebas's infamous rarity... all I had to do was click the "search" button, and I found three of those brown fish in a row. This feature is just awesome! Yeah, who needs difficult-to-find, rare Pokemon anyways??

Love the feature. Ran into a Fire Fang Poochyena early on, and I've been running it as my Ace so far. Only thing that annoyed me was when I was trying to level my Ralts. I spent a good two hours grinding it from level 3 to level 12 and what would you know, DexNav locates a lvl 13 wild Ralts with Synchronize. All that time wasted...

I'm going to grind my Ralts. I have fond memories of switching between my Torchic and Ralts to level it. That's one of the few nostalgic indulgences I'm going to have. It's definitely a good feature for people who don't want to go through the hassle to bask in the glory of Mega-Gallade though.

And looks like I'm getting Thunderfang Mightyena then. All this talk has got me hyped for it. Absol's too late in the game anyway.

I'm still trying to figure out what the potential stars mean. I found a 3 star potential Numel and Trapinch, and I'm not sure how many IVs that means they have. Anyone know where the IV judge is?

I like the DexNav. A lot. The only pain is that it's constantly bothering you to catch something, but it makes finding competatively viable wild Pokemon a breeze.

I seem to remember that it's the number of 31 IVs. Not entirely certain on that though.

Has anyone done any research on shiny chaining with the dexnav? It seems like a reasonable theory, but I haven't seen a lot of evidential support.

I think it's a cool feature. Haven't done it as much since the beginning of the game, but it is nice to be able to catch Pokemon with egg moves rather than having to spend time breeding them.

So I got the game today (cause Europe, but the local store sold it a day early) and I've been playing for a couple of hours now. Most of this time was spend hunting wild Pokémon on Route 103. So far, I've mostly leveled up my DexNev abilities (Hordes are especially helpful, combined with a Sweet Scent Lotad) and my best catch so far is a shiny Zigzagoon with Tickle. Still trying to find that perfect Ralts to eventually evolve into a Gardevoir

The exclamation points are super helpful as well

And last but not least, you don't have to catch/breed countless Pokémon anymore to get something really good (something I always feel a bit guilty about, I know, it's weird XD)

I better go back to playing the game now, cause I still got a lot to discover!

So I got the game today (cause Europe, but the local store sold it a day early) and I've been playing for a couple of hours now. Most of this time was spend hunting wild Pokémon on Route 103. So far, I've mostly leveled up my DexNev abilities (Hordes are especially helpful, combined with a Sweet Scent Lotad) and my best catch so far is a shiny Zigzagoon with Tickle. Still trying to find that perfect Ralts to eventually evolve into a Gardevoir

The exclamation points are super helpful as well

And last but not least, you don't have to catch/breed countless Pokémon anymore to get something really good (something I always feel a bit guilty about, I know, it's weird XD)

I better go back to playing the game now, cause I still got a lot to discover!

I always disliked breeding for the perfect Mon because it felt like I was abandoning the ones that I had worked so hard with for a Mon with better stats. I'm really glad DexNav is a thing.

I pretty much have platinum every route the feature ois awesome but I hate doing it in the water And caves stand still!! Got me an Adaptability Skrelp tho!

I'm not sure this is because chaining though.. But I just hunt for pochyenna on dexnav today. I start at search level 20-something and get my shiny Pochyenna at search level 70. I try again till search lvl 143, not another shiny..

I finally got OR about an hour ago. I'm currently on the route after Oldale looking for a Seedot with a good move... but all it keeps saying constantly is that there isn't one around. What am I supposed to do? Am I doing something wrong? I've seen people praising the DexNav to death but half hour after receiving it I'm actually infuriated and bored by it because it never works.

I don't know how to use the DexNav either. When it's on in the bottom screen I can see silhouettes of which Pokemon I can find in that area and that's about it. How do I unlock all these other bits of info? Sneaking is fun for a while but whenever I sneak up on a Pokemon it doesn't appear to be anymore 'special' than a regular one of its kind. What am I missing?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom