• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

All your base are belong to us (Secret Bases)

I finally finished my Secret Base in Alpha Sapphire (though it still needs some fine-tuning, but that'll come in due time). I forgot I had to generate a code prior to when I first registered AS to the Global Link, so I can't upload the code just yet. I set up my Secret Base in Fiery Path, behind the Strength rock. It was the largest one I've seen so far, but also the most secretive and secluded (makes sense, don't you think?). Plus it just seems so cool, er, I guess I should say hot to set one up in the base of a volcano. I'll upload the QR Code when I'm permitted to Game Sync again.

Oh man! I'm loving secret bases! I wasn't really into them in Ruby/Emerald but now I think I spent way too much time looking for the perfect base while spending another hour shopping for plushes and other accessories. Today's Saturday so I bought the Charizard and Lapras dolls in the clearance sale.

My base is between a rock and a hard place. =P It's big and I love it!

3 first pokemon on your party will set automatically to be your team. If you have less than 3 pokemon on your party when you save your codes or while street pass, they will only see less than 3 pokemon when faced you in your sb.

You get trainers for your base *as your sb grunt* by made them your secret pals, just talk to them on their sb and you will see option to make them your secret pal*. The number of your secret pals depend on the number of welcome mat that you set on your sb *I accidentally just kept 2 welcome mat for my 2 pals and when I tried to add extra pal, I can't.

I like how the different NPC appearances results in different effects. Like, if you have a Lass as your pal, she can make a decoration for your base daily. Nifty if you can't be bothered to go buy gifts.

I've been looking almost since the game came out and can't find an answer to this anywhere. :-/

Question: If you have a team set in your Battle Box when you create your Secret Base, will your Secret Base team be built from your party or your Battle Box?

I've been looking almost since the game came out and can't find an answer to this anywhere. :-/

Question: If you have a team set in your Battle Box when you create your Secret Base, will your Secret Base team be built from your party or your Battle Box?

The Secret Base team was created from my Party. I had a team in my Battle Box, by then.

The Secret Base team was created from my Party. I had a team in my Battle Box, by then.
Aw, that's disappointing. :-(

I'd prefer to be able to have a set team for my Secret Base while still playing the game with whatever team I want. :-/

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'd prefer to be able to have a set team for my Secret Base while still playing the game with whatever team I want. :-/

Thanks for the heads-up!

Your team seems to change accordingly whenever you connect to the Internet. I just got back from unlocking the Regis to check my Secret Base, and when I checked my Global Link page after turning off the game, I had Relicanth as part of the three team members XD I don't know how exactly that works, though.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Your team seems to change accordingly whenever you connect to the Internet. I just got back from unlocking the Regis to check my Secret Base, and when I checked my Global Link page after turning off the game, I had Relicanth as part of the three team members XD I don't know how exactly that works, though.

Well that's rough so when I connect to the internet my team will be a Talonflame and maybe a level 1 something?
I must look really lame to anyone who battles me.

Whenever you Game Sync, the game takes the first three Pokemon in your party and that's your Secret Base team~ So be careful you don't Sync if you don't have the team you want for Secret Bases at any given time.

Whenever you Game Sync, the game takes the first three Pokemon in your party and that's your Secret Base team~ So be careful you don't Sync if you don't have the team you want for Secret Bases at any given time.
Does it only change when you sync? Or every time you connect?

The former would be far more manageable (battle box would still be better, though). :-/

Does it only change when you sync? Or every time you connect?

The former would be far more manageable (battle box would still be better, though). :-/

Just when you actually Game Sync, not whenever you go online. I would have preferred it been the Battle Box, but it's your actual party. You can also only use three Pokemon, even if you choose to do Double Battles, so keep that in mind.

secret base.jpg Here's my secret base if anyone's interested. It's on route 123 near the Berry Master's house.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom