• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

If someone who hasn't faced their box legendary yet (and/or someone who did this before catching/defeating their legendary) could confirm this for me, I'd be really happy! I already caught Kyogre so I can't check on this for my friend who recently got the game (spoiler'd for length and minor-ish plot spoilers):
I'd read somewhere about this, and my friend who got AS yesterday is concerned about this as well:

When you go to catch your box legendary (I'm assuming it's the same deal for both games, though I've got AS as well) you climb to the bottom of the Cave of Origin, encounter Groudon/Kyogre, and travel with it to "Hoenn's Core". What I read, and what is scaring my friend a bit, is the possibility that you can get stuck out of this room if you faint or use an Escape Rope or some such.

Well, I've already caught Kyogre in my game, and I never left the room so I'm not sure if this would work, but I do know that at least AFTER you save Hoenn from drowning, you can go back to the "Core" room no problem. Just enter the Cave of Origin, and in the first round room, instead of heading north, follow the westward cave entrance. You'll eventually end up back at the "Core" room!

Now I'm happy about this because I think that place is gorgeous and I'm glad it wasn't a one-time experience. But my real question is: after visiting the Core Room for the first time, before catching your box legendary, can you return to it through the westward entrance? I'd like to tell my friend "yes you can", but I don't want to pass along misinformation! If you can't return during the "stop Kyogre/Groudon" plot I'll make sure she knows to be careful of being locked out of that area!
Thanks in advance for any help!

Yep, you can get out and back into the chamber. I've done so several times on both versions. ^_^

I have a question: Has the Focus Sash effects changed? Because I went on Battle Spot a number of times and my Froslass would just get OHKO'd even though she's holding a Focus Sash. This isn't supposed to happen, right?

I have a question: Has the Focus Sash effects changed? Because I went on Battle Spot a number of times and my Froslass would just get OHKO'd even though she's holding a Focus Sash. This isn't supposed to happen, right?
And she was at full health when taking the hit? No Spikes/Stealth Rock / etc. to nick her first?

Do these games have friend safari?

And am I the only one who only just realised the male PC has brown hair? All these years I thought he had white spikey hair and wore a green headband thing. I feel really stupid now...

And she was at full health when taking the hit? No Spikes/Stealth Rock / etc. to nick her first?

EDIT: LOL I figured out the problem. I thought she was holding a Focus Sash when she was holding a Focus Band. Disregard my posts.

Do these games have friend safari?

And am I the only one who only just realised the male PC has brown hair? All these years I thought he had white spikey hair and wore a green headband thing. I feel really stupid now...

Unfortunately no, there are no friend safaris in ORAS.

Also, you aren't. I thought the same thing for years. I'm pretty sure the reason his brown hair is so prominent now is because 99.9% of the fanbase thought the same thing. So don't feel bad~

Anyone got suggestions for Master Rank Contest winners and their movesets? I'm gonna try my luck with them soon for the Lucarionite and I need some good picks, preferably if they can mega evolve. The combos have changed a lot so I'm not too sure what I'm doing right now.

What's the best way to level up to 100 after beating the Elite Four without taking on the Elite Four?

What's the best way to level up to 100 after beating the Elite Four without taking on the Elite Four?

Many people have created Blissey-oriented Secret Bases. Blissey was chosen because it has the highest EXP yield of any Pokémon, so defeating one can give your Pokémon plenty of EXP; a Lv. 100 Blissey can yield more EXP than any Elite Four member's Pokémon.

Almost all of the bases has a trainer with a Level 50 Blissey (Lv. 100 if you activate the Limit Release decoration inside the base prior to challenging that trainer to a battle) with Healing Wish and/or Heal Pulse.

Let all but the final Blissey use Healing Wish to knock themselves out, and then use a physical attack on the last Blissey to defeat it. Most of these Blissey are not EV trained in Defense.

You can search online for the QR codes; there are plenty circulating on the Internet so you shouldn't have a lot of difficulty.

Note: You have to wait until your 3DS reaches the next calendar day after adding a Secret Base opponent before you can challenge that opponent. You can fight an opponent once each day, so make sure to add plenty of Blissey Secret Bases.

Last edited:

Anyone got suggestions for Master Rank Contest winners and their movesets? I'm gonna try my luck with them soon for the Lucarionite and I need some good picks, preferably if they can mega evolve. The combos have changed a lot so I'm not too sure what I'm doing right now.

I used Sceptile for Cool (Focus Blast + Aerial Ace + Giga Drain + Dual Chop) + Clever (Giga Drain + Low Sweep + Hidden Power + Dual Chop), Metagross (Meteor Mash + Zen Headbutt + Hammer Arm + Bullet Punch) for Tough, Gyarados (Splash + Attract + Facade + Bite) for Cute, and Pikachu Belle (Attract + Discharge + Icicle Crash + Volt Switch) for Beauty.

I've been meaning to thank you, @-Glory Blaze-;. I was able to evolve my Omega the Magneton in New Mauville after receiving Surf. I didn't have to have access to the full facility, just the entrance. Again, I appreciate it.

So I've reached the Lati@s encounter with Steven after battling Norman and I gotta know: if I leave them behind because "why are you forcing this thing on me I'm never gonna move forward I'll just be SRing for the rest of my life", will the event become missable (or will Steven and Latias wait there forever), OR am I blocked from continuing onto Fortree City until I do this thing?

I doubt with all the hypehype of riding a Lati they would void the encounter but man, I gotta know if it's possible so I can resign to my fate.

So I've reached the Lati@s encounter with Steven after battling Norman and I gotta know: if I leave them behind because "why are you forcing this thing on me I'm never gonna move forward I'll just be SRing for the rest of my life", will the event become missable (or will Steven and Latias wait there forever), OR am I blocked from continuing onto Fortree City until I do this thing?

I doubt with all the hypehype of riding a Lati they would void the encounter but man, I gotta know if it's possible so I can resign to my fate.

You can't continue on to Fortree unless you complete the mission. I went back to the route before entering the forest to see Latios in Omega Ruby and Steven didn't let me go to Fortree.

What flowers are those in the Wally battle at the end of VR? I'm thinking of Red Spider Lillies, but if that's the case then I'm a little concerned about the symbolism.

I was wondering what pokemon have there own, surfing, diving and waterfall imagery

What flowers are those in the Wally battle at the end of VR? I'm thinking of Red Spider Lillies, but if that's the case then I'm a little concerned about the symbolism.

I haven't gotten that far so I don't know exactly what you saw, but the Amaryllis flower does look quite similar to the spider lilies you mentioned! In Japanese flower language, the Amaryllis represents shyness.

I haven't gotten that far so I don't know exactly what you saw, but the Amaryllis flower does look quite similar to the spider lilies you mentioned! In Japanese flower language, the Amaryllis represents shyness.

Hm. I'm sure that's what they were going for, then. It would have been a bit ominous to have a flower that symbolised loss.
That said, the two look very different on a google search.

Flying

ok so how do you fly????????????
i have the tm but it doesnt come up on the map to fly, what else do you have to do? I have Latias.

Hm. I'm sure that's what they were going for, then. It would have been a bit ominous to have a flower that symbolised loss.

I don't remember what type of flower they said, but I read somewhere that it was a flower that represented loss because the old Wally is gone and replaced with the new one who's grown and gained strength.

Upon further research, I was mistaken, and my main source seems to be using an incorrect image! My apologies!!

"Amaryllis" (really your Spider Lily!):
Amaryllis-1151.jpg
(source: link)

An actual Amaryllis:
Amaryllis_belladonna.jpg
Meaning: Shy

Aaaand Spider Lilies again:
1024px-Red_spider_lily_October_2007_Osaka_Japan.jpg
Meaning: Never to meet again/Lost memory/Abandonment
(source: link)

Again, I'm very sorry for the misinformation! I'm pretty embarrassed to have tried to answer you when all my info was wrong!

...though now I'm even more confused, as "shy" makes sense for Wally, and "never to meet again/lost memory/abandonment" is really kind of depressing!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom